ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs Reidsville Western Championship

Are ya'll going to play in the rain? Your game home or away?
huh idk thats what im asking.....If I was Reidsville I would move it to Thursday at 6....Good weather and make good money on concessions and the winner of game could go watch a game Friday as long as it didnt get moved

Oh, stop it. I kept receipts. You went Ja Morant on us, and said Reidsville was good in the west, before the season even started. @ReidsvilleRam90 posted, “Reidsville vs Clinton” about two games into the season, and how torn he was going to be, because his son coaches at Clinton. Don’t get humble now!

Its going to be a battle though. I wasn't sure how Shelby was going to rebound from last year, but I also knew you guys and Monroe would be the biggest challengers. I know I said that multiple times. A healthy Monroe would have been tougher than Bunker hill, I believe.

This from Nov. 6 by none other than theTRUEdynasty:
Who on your schedule is equivalent to :

#1 in 3A Crest
#7 in 3A AC Reynolds
#10 in 3A Kings Mountain

#13 in 2A Burns

We can control the 3 we get to choose and no one in 2A played a harder non-conference than we did. Monroe was close.

Your beloved Que forced us into an awful conference to try and weaken us. It didn't work in 2021 and it isn't working this year. If Reidsville played Shelby's early schedule they would have started 0-3 as well. But you didn't....you played cupcakes to march your way to a #1 seed. You're not going to, but I really wish y'all could beat Monroe so we can march our way back to Reidsville and beat the hell out of you at your place like we did 10 years ago.
Hoey, you're just not a very smart person are you?

My friend SL was giving examples of excuses Reidsville fans have made for losing. Please show where in the above post I gave an excuse for losing. Wanna try again?

• Haha
Reactions: Shelby Lion
running the ball is def not the strength of the team but speaking more from fan perspective....not many folks love sitting outside on cold rainy night...I know i am soft
Cold rain=small crowd=less$$$$
schools need the cash flow
But moving game will also have similar results

Reactions: nwguilford007
Hoey, you're just not a very smart person are you?

My friend SL was giving examples of excuses Reidsville fans have made for losing. Please show where in the above post I gave an excuse for losing. Wanna try again?

Au contraire, It is you that is "just not a very smart person". I quoted you from a reply that you made to The Mule (Nov 6). He stated correctly that Reidsville's strength of schedule rating was higher than Shelby's. The quote I gave was your reply to The Mule. My post was not in reply to anything that SL was communicating. I don't believe that each post has to be in response somehow to the previous post. I couldn't give a continental what SL was posting. As for questioning my smarts, I could beat your dumb butt in Shelby V Reidsville Jeopardy any day. The reason being anytime a question would come up you didn't like or couldn't answer, because it was painting you in a corner, you would turn and run away just like you do here. You don't answer half the questions presented to you. You want a receipt, here's one. About 10 days ago you was bragging about catching and surpassing The 22-19 margin of Reidsville. I asked you in the last 22 years how much ground you had gained on Reidsville? You cut and ran like a scared rabbit or maybe like a cowardly lion (which is likely closer to the truth). The answer is none, you did not answer because don't like the truth.

Here is your quote from Nov. 6. " You're not going to, but I really wish y'all could beat Monroe so we can march our way back to Reidsville and beat the hell out of you at your place like we did 10 years ago." Will you here before the game Friday (I guess you was correct in that. ...we did't beat Monroe, we did one better ,we beat the team that beat Monroe) stand behind your statement of beating the hell out of Reidsville. And if you don't will you admit you were wrong, "punk" (Inspector Callahan....Dirty Harry)

My post was not in reply to anything that SL was communicating. I don't believe that each post has to be in response somehow to the previous post. I couldn't give a continental what SL was posting.
Sure you do Hoey, you bring me up nearly every post.... Im just that likeable I reckon, and same goes for Dynasty....its ok to admit you really like us mean old Shelbians

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
BTW: I was perusing the interwebs earlier and ran across a game article from I believe a Greensboro Newspaper (Credit to them )

Pretty cool excerpt below from article:

In the 2A ranks, it doesn’t get any better than the Reidsville and Shelby football programs. It’s long been debated among the fan bases on which program is truly superior.

Whether it’s the Rams point of view that they are the “Football Capital of North Carolina” or Shelby that proudly proclaims the Golden Lions are “The True Dynasty,” the one thing the two programs undeniably share is sustained excellence for the better part of the last century.

Chances are, if you are a fan that gets offended easily, stay off of the message boards this week because the smack talk will be epic leading up to this much-anticipated game.

Good stuff....

And if you don't will you admit you were wrong, "punk" (Inspector Callahan....Dirty Harry)
Calling someone a "punk" is just mean Hoey.... even I wouldn't do that....

However I have used these descriptive phrases a time or two at different posters the last 20 years

Festus
Troglodyte
Neanderthalistic Cretin
Whining Little Whelp
Limp Wristed Thumb Sucker
Clown
Nostradoofus
Moronic Imbecile
Bong Water infested brained
Turd
Cletus
Enos
Rerun
Sardine eating
Pickled Pig Feet eater
Snot licker
Window Licker
Potted Meat eating
Fartknocker
Paw Paw
Pappy
Spongebobs Round Shaped brother (this one may have been directed at myself)
Hayseed
Tractor riding Dolt
Pig Farmer
Worm Eater
Sandlapper
So dumb could be twins
Freckled faced Loser
I did used a bad word once calling a DA a DA (sorry Deana)
bedwetter
Cousin IT

But dont remember calling anyone a PUNK

Thats just hurtful man :)

Not much else to say til game day. Best of luck to both teams. ( 1 hopefully has a little bit more than the other)😅 Hope for a clean injury free game with refs keeping the flags in the pockets. Maybe just maybe the rain will stay away. I will congratulate whichever team wins because it will be a true testament to what they had to overcome to get this far and beyond. Go Rams.

Sure you do Hoey, you bring me up nearly every post.... Im just that likeable I reckon, and same goes for Dynasty....its ok to admit you really like us mean old Shelbians
You are ok but not the clown.

However I have used these descriptive phrases a time or two at different posters the last 20 years

Festus
Troglodyte
Neanderthalistic Cretin
Whining Little Whelp
Clown
Nostradoofus
Moronic Imbecile
Turd
Cletus
Enos
Rerun
Sardine eating
Pickled Pig Feet eater
Snot licker
Window Licker
Potted Meat eating
Fartknocker
Paw Paw
Pappy
Hayseed
Tractor riding Dolt
Pig Farmer
Worm Eater
Sandlapper
So dumb could be twins
Freckled faced Loser
bedwetter
Cousin IT

I would have never thought you and have used those terms, oh the shame.
BTW: I was perusing the interwebs earlier and ran across a game article from I believe a Greensboro Newspaper (Credit to them )

In the 2A ranks, it doesn’t get any better than the Reidsville and Shelby football programs. It’s long been debated among the fan bases on which program is truly superior.

Whether it’s the Rams point of view that they are the “Football Capital of North Carolina” or Shelby that proudly proclaims the Golden Lions are “The True Dynasty,” the one thing the two programs undeniably share is sustained excellence for the better part of the last century.

Chances are, if you are a fan that gets offended easily, stay off of the message boards this week because the smack talk will be epic leading up to this much-anticipated game.

Good stuff....
We ought to be proud, we right up there with The Hatfields and The McCoys.

• Haha

Festus
Troglodyte
Neanderthalistic Cretin
Whining Little Whelp
Clown
Nostradoofus
Moronic Imbecile
Turd
Cletus
Enos
Rerun
Sardine eating
Pickled Pig Feet eater
Snot licker
Window Licker
Potted Meat eating
Fartknocker
Paw Paw
Pappy
Hayseed
Tractor riding Dolt
Pig Farmer
Worm Eater
Sandlapper
So dumb could be twins
Freckled faced Loser
bedwetter
Cousin IT

I don't see how you live with yourself

• Haha
I start typing all this nonsense, get to giggling and tell my wife, to come here... I read what I typed and she just simply says "Honey you are going to make someone mad with that stupidity" ha ha

I was at a retirement ceremony today for a good friend of mine, a former employee that retired years ago, came up and said, " Boy I read all that stuff you post on there and you got me rolling"

All nonsense aside, when I hear that I just smile, Im not this goofy , actually a pretty quiet chill person, but this is just absolute fun for me and if I thought I really upset anyone, it would bother me tremendously....

Shelby by 22 now since I got all nostalgic all the sudden.... :)

I start typing all this nonsense, get to giggling and tell my wife, to come here... I read what I typed and she just simply says "Honey you are going to make someone mad with that stupidity" ha ha

I was at a retirement ceremony today for a good friend of mine, a former employee that retired years ago, came up and said, " Boy I read all that stuff you post on there and you got me rolling"

All nonsense aside, when I hear that I just smile, Im not this goofy , actually a pretty quiet chill person, but this is just absolute fun for me and if I thought I really upset anyone, it would bother me tremendously....

You keep this up and y’all win then one of your guesses is bound to be right. You have about 15 predictions out now lol

Did you think about me any at the retirement ceremony today? I'm really excited for him but this could lead to a lot of free time if you get my drift. LOL

Good stuff....

Well, with new people reading, we will have to tell the story again from the start.
Y’all ready for this ?!

And it is not just “ in the 2A ranks”, as the biased big city reporter writes and intends to minimize.
It is very definitely STATE WIDE and very well known and documented.

But, alas, our story is already written for us again this week.
You have to look no further than the official posting by the NCHSAA for the upcoming Western Finals. Information also posted on ALL FOUR BOARDS by Deana.

The Shelby Golden Lions clearly dominate to any objective reader.
Reidsville football isn’t even in second place.

Their self proclaimed title of “Football Capitol (sic) “ is bogus and does not hold up under even light scrutiny.
Reidsville was absent from even a Championship Title game appearance for 31 consecutive recent years of the last 50, from 1971 through 2001.
Shelby’s unsurpassed success, as documented in this week’s NCHSAA post attached, is historical and factually based, not opinion or self proclaimed.
Promoting ourselves as the “True Dynasty” is by definition.
The Shelby Golden Lions are the most successful, sustained, winningest high school program in North Carolina history.

www.shelbyhighfootball.com

This week is one game.
One game in a series that Shelby already leads 4-1.
If we win or lose, it changes nothing.
Reidsville needs this win a lot more than Shelby does. That is evident in the tone of their posters.
If they lose to Shelby again, for the fifth time, their already unsubstantiated position weakens further.
And if the Golden Lions are fortunate enough to go on and win another State Title this year, well, the Reidsville faithful here may have to go back into another 31 consecutive year hole.

https://nchsaa.us9.list-manage.com/...a495257fccd2816f75&id=747f20ad70&e=9fb1c0c63b

Reactions: SHS-TheDynasty
You think East Duplin would have humbled some of y’all last year. We play the games for a reason.

You think people would get sarcasm after all these years LMAO

And no, East Duplin didn't humble me as I knew what Battle was bringing to the battle. Anyone that didn't got their eyes opened 100%

Well, with new people reading, we will have to tell the story again from the start.
Y’all ready for this ?!

And it is not just “ in the 2A ranks”, as the biased big city reporter writes and intends to minimize.

You have to look no further than the official posting by the NCHSAA for the upcoming Western Finals. Information also posted on ALL FOUR BOARDS by Deana.

Their self proclaimed title of “Football Capitol (sic) “ is bogus and does not hold up under even light scrutiny.
Reidsville was absent from even a Championship Title game appearance for 31 consecutive recent years of the last 50, from 1971 through 2001.
Shelby’s unsurpassed success, as documented in this week’s NCHSAA post attached, is historical and factually based, not opinion or self proclaimed.
The Shelby Golden Lions are the most successful, sustained, winningest high school program in North Carolina history.

This week is one game.
Reidsville needs this win a lot more than Shelby does. That is evident in the tone of their posters.
If they lose to Shelby again, for the fifth time, their already unsubstantiated position weakens further.
And if the Golden Lions are fortunate enough to go on and win another State Title this year, well, the Reidsville faithful here may have to go back into another 31 consecutive year hole.

https://nchsaa.us9.list-manage.com/...a495257fccd2816f75&id=747f20ad70&e=9fb1c0c63b

TLDR

Your regurgitated copy and paste shtick overshadows your own team and fans. Maybe when you get done talking down about any team in NC with success and accomplishments you will realize what a true privilege it is to be a fan of your team.

Y’all ready for this ?!

This week is one game.

You’re wrong again. Shelby needs this win way more. When Reidsville goes up by 4 titles you will never catch up. You keep saying the same stuff every week trying to convince yourself it’s true. But until you have the titles record you will never sleep right or be able to truly call yourselves the winningest team in history. In college do we go by total individual wins or titles? In basketball Do we go by singles wins total or by titles. In tennis do we go by single match wins or by titles. Titles rule everything no matter what you try to manipulate. Y’all can be up 20-1 on Reidsville but as long as you’re behind in titles you have no case.

TLDR

Your regurgitated copy and paste shtick overshadows your own team and fans. Maybe when you get done talking down about any team in NC with success and accomplishments you will realize what a true privilege it is to be a fan of your team.

Your claim is bogus.
And you continue to perpetrate it openly.

Get your group together and tell the truth.
You are the capitol (sic) of nothing.

Y’all ready for this ?!

This week is one game.

It's pretty simple really: Reidsville is The Football Capital of North Carolina by virtue of having won more NCHSAA State Championships than any other high school in North Carolina. That is a fact and any spinning, any subjective claims about being "the most successful, sustained, etc......" will never change that fact no matter how many posts or words you spew forth.

The end.

You’re wrong again. Shelby needs this win way more. When Reidsville goes up by 4 titles you will never catch up. You keep saying the same stuff every week trying to convince yourself it’s true. But until you have the titles record you will never sleep right or be able to truly call yourselves the winningest team in history. In college do we go by total individual wins or titles? In basketball Do we go by singles wins total or by titles. In tennis do we go by single match wins or by titles. Titles rule everything no matter what you try to manipulate. Y’all can be up 20-1 on Reidsville but as long as you’re behind in titles you have no case.

Most of your titles are pre-integration and modern era. Sure, they count. But so do Princeton’s in the 1800s.
And a 31 consecutive recent year gap in the last 50 years!
Your case falls apart.
Even the NCHSAA shows Shelby ahead with 12 Championship Titles vs Reidsville’s 9 since their established records start of 1972.
And that leaves out 3 other Championship Titles of 1972, 1975, and 1976.

Shelby has won at least one State Championship in each of the last SEVEN DECADES.
Reidsville cannot touch that consistency.
And you are well aware of it, but deny it.

You have no case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT