ADVERTISEMENT

SD-7 Championship Showdown... West Caldwell @ Lincolnton (Who ya wit?)

A few more Lincolnton stats....stats don't tell the whole story but they do tell part of the story. The story of Lincolnton's offense is that it is pretty balanced - 216 ypg passing, 25 TDs; 243 ypg rushing, 30 TDs. RB McClain is averaging 148 ypg rushing, 11.4 yds per attempt, 18 TDs. It's a very diversified offense that has punted only 6 times this season. They have turned the ball over only 10 times this season.

Defensively: Someone stated that it was not a big play defense. However the stats show that they have intercepted 11 passes, recovered 13 fumbles, and blocked 1 punt.
Should we even play the game......

According to the arrogant woofie fans, God himself can't cover the mighty woofie receivers. What a game, West Caldwell's little Warrior's vs unbeatable, unguardable and the walk on water Lincolnton Woofies!
I sure hope you are in attendance come Fri night...we've never said we weren't unbeatable or unguardable...you assumed this from what I gather...but to be clear.... Are our players play makers....yes will it be hard to man up ...yes...do I think we will win....yes....that's not being arrogant ...its good ole country confidence....

Reactions: L-Town fan
I sure hope you are in attendance come Fri night...we've never said we weren't unbeatable or unguardable...you assumed this from what I gather...but to be clear.... Are our players play makers....yes will it be hard to man up ...yes...do I think we will win....yes....that's not being arrogant ...its good ole country confidence....
Like I said , good luck. Let the kids do the talking with performance! I'll be there with bells on. #fearthespear

God I hate I'm late to this conversation ... wow what a mess. To West Caldwell: Yes, Titus Tucker is a beast ... SD7 player of the year ... I doubt it, but close. Much respect given to a team that hadn't lost except to the #1 3A team in the state. Ain't nobody sleeping on you, you got a good ball team. On tape and also decent kids. You call us "loaner" fans, but the kids moved, it happens and these kids are one team, one goal, not sitting on sideline saying OMG WE ARE UNBEATABLE WITH SURRATT ..... We had athletes last year and no Surratt, No Thompson, No Sherrill and we were on the doorstep of beating Shelby. Where were yall at???

Lincolnton Fans:
Stop for two seconds and just let them talk, no, we aren't unbeatable, but look at all these people been talking trash all year long, and see how it ends up for them. You know we do our talking on the field, so let's keep it that way.

I for one and looking forward to a good ole fashion brawl on Friday night. I hope these boys come into the Wolves Den ready to put up or shut up, because if they are thinking like WNC.... boy ... we gonna be putting in 2nd string with a running clock if you keep talking like that...

Good luck to all...

A few more Lincolnton stats....stats don't tell the whole story but they do tell part of the story. The story of Lincolnton's offense is that it is pretty balanced - 216 ypg passing, 25 TDs; 243 ypg rushing, 30 TDs. RB McClain is averaging 148 ypg rushing, 11.4 yds per attempt, 18 TDs. It's a very diversified offense that has punted only 6 times this season. They have turned the ball over only 10 times this season.

Defensively: Someone stated that it is not a big play defense. However the stats show that they have intercepted 11 passes (returned 2 for TDs), recovered 13 fumbles (returned 3 for TDs), and blocked 1 punt which was returned for a TD.
That's great stuff Linkman.

Reactions: TheDispatcher
Well here is my 2 cents- I watched the EL upset last week in Gamewell. I must say this can go either way. Can't say which team will win but it'll be the one that has the right plays at the right time. EL talent wise was prob deadlock tie or better than West Caldwell. They played lose and sloppy 1st quarter and then moral lowered after that as it sometimes does when a good team gets down 21 pts or higher. If they played each other 5 times in a row I bet East would win 3 maybe 4 of em'

This won't be a 'team A beat team B who killed team C so A against C is no contest' type of game. In 1998 I seen a EB team barley lose to a Freedom team that absolutely destroyed teams that beat EB in the previous weeks so this game here will be different.

My take on it, Lincolnton plays mistake free ball, they'll hold- 14+ pts against West in an exciting game.

And I apologize if I came off as being smart, that was not my intention. I have respect for West Caldwell, they really are a good ball team this year, but Lincolnton has shown their fight this year against all odds, pulling out wins at EL and SP. I don't want that kind of ball game this week, but if it gets to that, it'll come to who wants it more, and you look at the heart of the Wolves this year, those seniors were on the door step of State last year, they will not be denied this year.

TheDispatcher, You're post(s) only reflect what an ardent Wolf you really are. Some posters are going to take issue with what you say, even if you'd quote the second greatest command.
Say what you need too. You're A sensible guy that knows what he's talking about and who loves his team.

Last edited:
Lincolnton, I appreciate your comments. I'm just ready for this game. The boys are hyped, and they know what is on the line. Look back at our playoff record at home, we want to be playing at home, so this is a must win game. Besides, if you look back at what Littlejohn said at the beginning of the year, their goal is Conference, Regional, and State Championship, so here we are on the doorstep of the first one... Friday night is going to be a mad house, but you know we wouldn't have it any other way!

I know what you mean. Games like this one with its hype, discussion, message board banter, cooler temperatures and looking forward to Friday night is the reason Wolves like us enjoy high school football.

All this trash talk from Lincolnton. That's good, very good. So once again good luck. It's so much sweeter when the cocky go down. For your sake they better win or this board will light up late Friday!

Last edited by a moderator:
Zuke, what's good brother? You know it's gonna be a mad house friday night, WBTV Regional Game of the Week, Conference Championship, it's gonna be lit as mess. I don't know if I'm going to be able to contain myself!!!!
Same ole same ole....just trying to keep the house calm till Fri.....making sure that youngin of mine is focused on the task at hand.....you know...Lol ...the usual

All this trash talk from Lincolnton. That's good, very good. So once again good luck. It's so much sweeter when the cocky go down. For your sake they better win or this board will light up late Friday!
Smdh......I swear you and that cocky talk....go back to the start of this thread and reread....and tell me who's the cocky poster(s) with loaner help...

Last edited by a moderator:
All this trash talk from Lincolnton. That's good, very good. Karma is a bitch. So once again good luck. It's so much sweeter when the cocky go down. For your sake they better win or this board will light up late Friday!
Bro, you need to chill. I'm not talking trash at all. Like I said, mad respect to yall this year, you have a good ball team. It'll be nice to be able to play a full game instead of a running clock 2nd half. You look at our scores and you throw around the "loaner" term because of transfers, who is really talking the trash man? Let the kids play and best team wins, simple as that. Our 2nd string has played the 2nd half of the last 3 games so "us giving up 28 points to bandys" is totally irrelevant. I hope your boys bring it man, I really do. I've got mad respect for Titus, and I hope he is 100% because I don't want to hear the excuse of ... well he was banged up, etc. Good luck man, yall gonna need it. Come shake my hand after it's over with is all I'm saying because it'll be one heck of a game either way....

Bro, you need to chill. I'm not talking trash at all. Like I said, mad respect to yall this year, you have a good ball team. It'll be nice to be able to play a full game instead of a running clock 2nd half. You look at our scores and you throw around the "loaner" term because of transfers, who is really talking the trash man? Let the kids play and best team wins, simple as that. Our 2nd string has played the 2nd half of the last 3 games so "us giving up 28 points to bandys" is totally irrelevant. I hope your boys bring it man, I really do. I've got mad respect for Titus, and I hope he is 100% because I don't want to hear the excuse of ... well he was banged up, etc. Good luck man, yall gonna need it. Come shake my hand after it's over with is all I'm saying because it'll be one heck of a game either way....
And it's not all the Lincolnton posters I'm calling out so you're not one of the one's I'm referring to. Thus that being said and like I said I have great respect for Lincolnton in general. Good luck and let's have a safe and competitive game.

Just to get it straight I think all the loaner talk was about patsfball being a "loaner fan". I'm assuming he's from Freedom and was called a loaner fan for joining the West Caldwell bandwagon. It has nothing to do with any of the Lincolnton or WC posters, or the players that moved to Lincolnton. I don't even remember who said it, but none of us on either side need to take offense over it lol. This week sure is dragging...

Reactions: zukeridr
Remember the Karma statement? I just don't like seeing any kind of profanity on here..I know it gets a little intense in here. Thank you!

I was at WC last week to see their game against EL. EL is lucky they didnt have 3 or 4 more turnovers then what they did have. I think Lincolnton is the better team but if WC has their starting QB and can win the turnover battle by at least 3 then WC will pull off the upset.

Just to get it straight I think all the loaner talk was about patsfball being a "loaner fan". I'm assuming he's from Freedom and was called a loaner fan for joining the West Caldwell bandwagon. It has nothing to do with any of the Lincolnton or WC posters, or the players that moved to Lincolnton. I don't even remember who said it, but none of us on either side need to take offense over it lol. This week sure is dragging...
Loaner Town Wolves, take away the freebies you got and you guys are 6-3 right now! No bandwagon here, just pulling for local area teams. Smile, you're undefeated,,, until Friday

All in fun of course,,, but the "loaner" phrase came from me saying that E Lincoln loaned you guys a couple of players....

...and yes LTown Wolves, as far as Freedom goes...
just not a lot to talk about here right now, unless someone wants to talk about the big game with St Stephens this Friday. This thread a little more interesting.
Good luck to both teams!

Patsfball, you can pull for us if you want to. Do you really think the Caldwell people would be as kind to you as us Lincolnton sorts ?

Reactions: patsfball
Loaner Town Wolves, take away the freebies you got and you guys are 6-3 right now! No bandwagon here, just pulling for local area teams. Smile, you're undefeated,,, until Friday

The names on the roster are all printed in the same ink. No asterisks. Would prefer you tone it down on the "freebie" and "loaner" rhetoric. Consider the situations for the transfers - and this is general across all schools and transferred enrollment - could have had nothing to do with athletics and that team participation is simply a by product of something greater and a blessing, given the circumstance.

Better tape your eyelids open or you'll miss another L-town TD and be left scratching your head in confusion listening to the bell ring and wolf howl.

L - 51
WC - 28

Call it whatever you like freewolves.... 6-3 right now without your transfers,
no matter the color of ink.

WC - 42
Lincoln County - 28

Didn't there use to be some good Freedom/llLincolnton matchups in the 80s? Freedom own the series even though they haven't played since whenever?

The names on the roster are all printed in the same ink. No asterisks. Would prefer you tone it down on the "freebie" and "loaner" rhetoric. Consider the situations for the transfers - and this is general across all schools and transferred enrollment - could have had nothing to do with athletics and that team participation is simply a by product of something greater and a blessing, given the circumstance.

Better tape your eyelids open or you'll miss another L-town TD and be left scratching your head in confusion listening to the bell ring and wolf howl.

L - 51
WC - 28
Your on crack if I think 51 points will be scored on west

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT