ADVERTISEMENT

SD-7 Championship Showdown... West Caldwell @ Lincolnton (Who ya wit?)

zukeridr

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2006
Lincolnton,NC
West Caldwell comes into Ltown this Friday night with the championship up for grabs...winner remains unbeaten in conference play... loser takes a loss into the final week of play with slim hopes.Ive only seen WC on film and to me their QB is the heart of this team...on both sides of the ball. They are rather big up front as well....Wolves should still handle business at home.....

Lincolnton barely escaped E Lincoln....with Titus Tucker in the game West Caldwell humiliates East Lincoln. If West Caldwell is healthy and on, Ltown will go down.

Should be a great game. If everyone is healthy, I think the Wolves have the advantage because of all the playmakers they have. WC has a great quarterback, but imo doesn't have as many playmakers as the Wolves. I think it will come down to which ever team makes the least mistakes.

Lincolnton barely escaped E Lincoln....with Titus Tucker in the game West Caldwell humiliates East Lincoln. If West Caldwell is healthy and on, Ltown will go down.
I wouldn't toot that horn to loud...you soon forget that WC was on the ropes against NC ..the two penalties at the end with a missed field goal....I rest that case...

Reactions: L-Town fan
I ain't tooting nothing br
I wouldn't toot that horn to loud...you soon forget that WC was on the ropes against NC ..the two penalties at the end with a missed field goal....I rest that case...
no tooting here... just facts my friend. I was at Freedom/Hibriten game
and every 2 min the announcer would announce E Lincoln/West Caldwell
score.... a stomping until Tucker went out.

Not much has been said about the Wolves lines but they are good. The center for Lincolnton is nasty, in a good way. Think he is 65 or 66. Kid was blowing up the middle linebackers and DTs way off the line. One of the O tackles is big and isolates the hole well for McClain to run. On the defensive line the ends stay in position to turn the play back inside. If not Surratt and other kids make good tackles at the point of attack. The defense is more of a no big play defense and will give up some short stuff.

I've only seen West Caldwell online. Not much I can remember but they can run the ball between the tackles behind some big players. Titus has been around for a very long time and can squeak thru some very small spaces in traffic. Good vision and makes nice cuts with his head up looking ahead. West is solid running the ball. Beating East Lincoln shows they can game prep. Coach English will prepare the Warriors. West will have to get immedate pressure on QB Littlejohn to keep Hollis, Surratt, and Givens from getting space on DBs. Lincolnton will use the big play early and often.

Again going back to the South Point game where only 17 points were scored in regulation it is imperative to get a big rush on the QB and stay up on the outside flats passes as well as the downfield balls. West will not win this game in a prevent type defense.

SD-7 has had some very good games this year. I think this will be another good one.
If only Hibriten would have been realigned in the SD7. This would have made the conference the premiere sports conference in 2A. May still be but they would have made football and basketball even better.

On th bright side we get Lake Norman Charter Fighting Toy Poodles. Lots of hot moms with Gucci purses full of credit cards. They'll need some compassion after beat down games.

West has more then one athlete they scored 21 points with Tucker and 21 with him out. West running back is over a 1000 yards West has a reciver over 800 yards and I can promise u West has the best defense the Wolf's have seen all year.

About time things got interesting on 'Preps.

West has more then one athlete they scored 21 points with Tucker and 21 with him out. West running back is over a 1000 yards West has a reciver over 800 yards and I can promise u West has the best defense the Wolf's have seen all year.

Good to hear. It will be fun to see and good for our 1st team offense to play all of the 3rd quarter for a game.

I won't lose any sleep regardless, but would love to see Lincolnton
humbled like their counterpart this past Friday.

Lincolnton escaped with a last second TD against East Lincoln. The Wolves are good but not unbeatable. You can't compare scores but if Tucker had played more than a quarter against East WC would've hung 60 on them and a couple of them deep throw's East had woulda been defended. I see Tucker man to man on Surratt . Gonna be a good game

Lincolnton escaped with a last second TD against East Lincoln. The Wolves are good but not unbeatable. You can't compare scores but if Tucker had played more than a quarter against East WC would've hung 60 on them and a couple of them deep throw's East had woulda been defended. I see Tucker man to man on Surratt . Gonna be a good game

so if you can't compare scores, how do you say that WC would have scored 60 with Tucker in the game?? What all of this shows me is how dominant the HHS defense is since they held the Wartards to only 7pts.

I ain't tooting nothing br

no tooting here... just facts my friend. I was at Freedom/Hibriten game
and every 2 min the announcer would announce E Lincoln/West Caldwell
score.... a stomping until Tucker went out.
Hmmmm....and that means what to us? NOTHING. ..since you don't have a dog in the fight no need to get any deeper....I'll just sit over here and wait on my humble pie to be delivered....

Dude ...seriously. ..that's what you going with a late last second TD against East....when yall in fact were beat against NC but the football GOD'S had mercy for yall with the two penalties and the missed FG....cmon...you gotta come better than that!!! I only pray that Tucker is man up on Sage. ..... (by the way he's the only athlete we have)...we welcome you to Ltown with open arms....

Zuke, I hate to bust your bubble, but if Sage was still at E Lincoln......
you know the rest of the story!

Just in case you don't.... East Lincoln beats Lincolnton by 20!

Zuke, I hate to bust your bubble, but if Sage was still at E Lincoln......
you know the rest of the story!

Just in case you don't.... East Lincoln beats Lincolnton by 20!
Sad to say....that bubble won't burst.....just thought....could a should a would a....smh at the jabs....but I'm one to jab back...Lol....case in point....HE AINT AT EAST.... so umm well....you know the rest....

I'm almost ready to think that Lincolnton should be the under dogs in this game....man...its unbelievable at the points being "made" up to this point....we squeak out at SP....a last second TD at East....yet we scoring 49+ a game and our defense is mediocre to most...guess we'll see come Friday in the den....o_O

Reactions: TheDispatcher
And you Lincolnton fans are idiot's. I'm not on here saying we're gonna whip you . I'm pretty sure I said it was gonna be a good game and a close one. Week in and week out everyone pencils out WC, that's ok because we still have to play the game. Keep writing off WC and crow may just fly. I respect the Wolves and their program but may the better team win

The fact is it don't matter who wins this game West will be the number 1 seed in the 2aa West and will make a deep run. Lincolnton will go until they see Shelby and then they will go home.

Reactions: HitmanT
Tucker and a lot of other key players must have been injured and not playing last year when we played up their i cant recall anything special about last years team up their. A game we won at yalls house 42-7 playing our subs biggest part of the second half

L-town out gained EL almost 2-to-1. Could'a/should'a been a +2 or 3 TD victory [insert quote from Byus].

I highly recommend the City Lunch hot dogs at the concession stand.

Reactions: AlwaysAWolf
Tucker didn't play last year against Lincolnton and West defense has improved from allowing 25+ points a game last year to allowing just 12 points agame this year.

And i assure you this years offense you will see friday night is much more explosive than the offense you faced last year that scored 42 on yall. Put your best 1 or i suggest 2 players you got on Surratt and they are about 5 more that will eat you alive

And i assure you this years offense you will see friday night is much more explosive than the offense you faced last year that scored 42 on yall. Put your best 1 or i suggest 2 players you got on Surratt and they are about 5 more that will eat you alive

Yup, yup Wicked. More talent than positions on the field and plays to run.

Getting ramped up here. Seems two teams have risen high on the foodchain and the smack is flying. Its about time this 2A board had some action. Please continue thru the week so I don't have to keep NCPreps alive.

All I know is a terrible bandys team put 28 on yals defense lol. It took everything yal had go beat a down south point team I seen South point play Shelby they looked like a middle school offense

The fact is it don't matter who wins this game West will be the number 1 seed in the 2aa West and will make a deep run. Lincolnton will go until they see Shelby and then they will go home.
Shelby might let em score 6 considering it's the playoffs

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT