ADVERTISEMENT

SD-7 Championship Showdown... West Caldwell @ Lincolnton (Who ya wit?)

I think I may have to come see this game. I met Coach English over the summer at Cam Newton's 7-on-7. He has done a great job there at West Caldwell.

I mean I know Lincolnton is good but they have beat nobody the best team they beat in non conference has a 5-4 record I think it was East gaston scored 34 points on them and that's the most East gaston has scored all year. Lincolnton may come out on top but they will know the warriors was there. And by the way good luck with Shelby.

We have it every year.... A "johnny come lately". Welcome back to competitive football WC... It only took you what almost 30 years to be relevant again? I understand the pent up frustration and years and years of disappointment...sorry to tell ya...you might just go home heartbroken again....I'm humble enough to admit it's high school football and anything can happen...all I'm gonna say is hope ya ready!!!! Make certain your 10 fans eat a city lunch hot dog before you leave our beautiful Memorial stadium.

Lincolnton always seems to stay pretty high on the food chain year in and year out while west caldwell seems to pop up once every 10 years or so. And why is shelby being mentioned in this thread they are playing neither team this friday

It is so funny every team that knows they have no chance in beating us always brings up Shelby. Wait till shelby,Wait till Shelby Lol

Reactions: zukeridr
That's because Shelby is daddy of 2A football. L town is decent but will never be in the same class with the Lions..... sorry

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
How good Shelby is won't matter until if/when we meet up with them. There are only a couple Shelby posters who ever boast about how good Shelby is, and then there's another couple dozen from elsewhere that want to compare every team to Shelby. Why don't all you who don't know what its like having a traditionally strong program move to Shelby and join the bandwagon. Yeah, Shelby has been the best 2A team in the state for several years now, and might be again, but we've got a pretty strong tradition here and are proud of it, and we don't need to compare ourselves to anyone.

Welp, the WC faithful have me convinced. L-town is no less than a 2 TD underdog. I will take the action to contact the Charlotte Observer, Associated Press, WBTV, and Simmons and request Lincolnton be replaced by W Caldwell near the top of respective poles, effective immediately.

And you Lincolnton fans wanna make fun of WC and that's fine because at one point I was ashamed of the program. From 1979 through around the mid 90's they were a force in football but bad hire's destroyed a proud program. From 1981 through 1991 West Caldwell won 9 conference Title's in a 10 year stretch. The athleticism has always been there but God awful coaches were hired, the weight program all but disbanded and they followed one bad hire after another. Players in Lenoir would opt to attend Hibriten to play football. Finally after years of futility the right man in the right place decided that football should be important again thus pulling in a promising young coach from a proven football program A.L. Brown Kannapolis. Taking over a program that won maybe only 3 games total in 5 seasons, he goes 4-7 first year, 7-6 with a playoff victory in season 2 and 8-1 so far this year and a game away from SD-7 title! And the scary part is aside from Senior Titus Tucker this is a young team. West Caldwell is on the rise and it's a shame the Warrior's must leave what is a great conference because from this point on , mark it down and know this will not be a push over game anymore! So go ahead and disrespect the Warrior's but be prepared to get smacked in the mouth come Friday night. It's good to arrogant Wolfie fans, but arrogance always leads to getting your A$$ kicked. Good luck Friday night because I promise you, you've got a war coming!

And you Lincolnton fans wanna make fun of WC and that's fine because at one point I was ashamed of the program. From 1979 through around the mid 90's they were a force in football but bad hire's destroyed a proud program. From 1981 through 1991 West Caldwell won 9 conference Title's in a 10 year stretch. The athleticism has always been there but God awful coaches were hired, the weight program all but disbanded and they followed one bad hire after another. Players in Lenoir would opt to attend Hibriten to play football. Finally after years of futility the right man in the right place decided that football should be important again thus pulling in a promising young coach from a proven football program A.L. Brown Kannapolis. Taking over a program that won maybe only 3 games total in 5 seasons, he goes 4-7 first year, 7-6 with a playoff victory in season 2 and 8-1 so far this year and a game away from SD-7 title! And the scary part is aside from Senior Titus Tucker this is a young team. West Caldwell is on the rise and it's a shame the Warrior's must leave what is a great conference because from this point on , mark it down and know this will not be a push over game anymore! So go ahead and disrespect the Warrior's but be prepared to get smacked in the mouth come Friday night. It's good to arrogant Wolfie fans, but arrogance always leads to getting your A$$ kicked. Good luck Friday night because I promise you, you've got a war coming!

Or a conference championship... and more arrogance.

Welp, the WC faithful have me convinced. L-town is no less than a 2 TD underdog. I will take the action to contact the Charlotte Observer, Associated Press, WBTV, and Simmons and request Lincolnton be replaced by W Caldwell near the top of respective poles, effective immediately.
LMAFO, according to y'all WC might as well call and say they forfeit. The thing is it's only allowed for Lincolnton fans to be confident. Good luck with that come Friday, y'all are good but not that good. You had to steal Surratt away from EL just to beat them in the final 13 seconds

I should have name this thread...."forget about playing this SD-7 game and run up 150 and kiss Shelbys butt"....but I didn't...this friday its about Ltown and WC....y'all nimrods act like we don't know who Shelby is or what they represent in 2A football across North Carolina....No wonder everyone mentions them against us ....Y'ALL IN FACT CAN'T COMPETE AT THAT LEVEL EITHER UNDOUBTEDLY...but back to this thread....come on down 321 be ready at 7:30.....get you a dog or two....and we'll see what happens.....BTW.....Shelbys not playing in this one if you didn't already know......o_O

LMAFO, according to y'all WC might as well call and say they forfeit. The thing is it's only allowed for Lincolnton fans to be confident. Good luck with that come Friday, y'all are good but not that good. You had to steal Surratt away from EL just to beat them in the final 13 seconds
Smdh.....sad sad sad...Now we stealing....Lord help!

Last edited:
I should have name this thread...."forget about playing this SD-7 game and run up 150 and kiss Shelbys butt"....but I didn't...this friday its about Ltown and WC....y'all nimrods act like we don't know who Shelby is or what they represent in 2A football across North Carolina....No wonder everyone mentions them against us ....Y'ALL IN FACT CAN'T COMPETE AT THAT LEVEL EITHER UNDOUBTEDLY...but back to this thread....come on down 321 be ready at 7:30.....get you a dog or two....and we'll see what happens.....BTW.....Shelbys not playing in this one if you didn't already know......o_O
I never once mentioned Shelby. Wow, y'all funny!

I'm definitely not making fun of any team or trying to disrespect West Caldwell or anyone else, just giving my prediction and stating how I'm tired of being compared to Shelby several weeks before any POTENTIAL matchup with them. Got a lot of respect for Shelby, as well as a lot of respect for what WC's coach has been able to do up there.

Reactions: zukeridr
I'm definitely not making fun of any team or trying to disrespect West Caldwell or anyone else, just giving my prediction and stating how I'm tired of being compared to Shelby several weeks before any POTENTIAL matchup with them. Got a lot of respect for Shelby, as well as a lot of respect for what WC's coach has been able to do up there.
Once again, I don't and haven't mentioned Shelby. Could care less about Shelby. I hope they place Shelby in 2-AA . I'd like to play them after we beat those "unbeatable" woofies! To be the best you gotta beat the best!

I never once mentioned Shelby. Wow, y'all funny!
You.....No....but some of the other butt clowns did and always refer back to the mighty golden lions trying to gracefully remind whomever that over and over( we know them played them many times in past years...we get it...Lol)...we protect ours just like you and yours....humor that!

Don't act dumb!, Ya know schools recruit
Key word schools....but hypothetically speaking...if an above average (game changing) player and his parents came into your school to play providing every ounce of eligibility was legit....You would turn them away..........I'll wait!!!!!!!!

Fact check....

Lincolnton High Football
  • Football Conference Championships: 1960, 1962-(co),1965-(co), 1967, 1977-(tri), 1980, 1983-(co), 1988-(co), 1989-(co),
1990-(co), 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 2005, 2007, 2010

Hasn't been conference champion since 2010. Only 3 titles in the past 22 years.
So why do their fans believe they are so invincible???

Fact check....

Lincolnton High Football
  • Football Conference Championships: 1960, 1962-(co),1965-(co), 1967, 1977-(tri), 1980, 1983-(co), 1988-(co), 1989-(co),
1990-(co), 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 2005, 2007, 2010

Hasn't been conference champion since 2010. Only 3 titles in the past 22 years.
So why do their fans believe they are so invincible???
How many state championships and championship game appearances do you have? Just wondering???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT