ADVERTISEMENT

SD-7 Championship Showdown... West Caldwell @ Lincolnton (Who ya wit?)

The team WC needs to worry about is the team they play Friday night. The WC fans may be hopeful that Lincolnton are sleeping on them but I can assure you the Wolves will be prepared and ready. They respect WC and the season they have had thus far. They will not be taking them lightly.

I am looking forward to seeing Tucker and the WC offense. There is no doubt that Lincolnton's strength is their offense but I think their defense gets somewhat over looked. The defense has improved with some personnel changes made around mid season and is not as bad as some have tried to portray. A good many points have been scored against Lincolnton in the 4th qtr against the 2nd and 3rd team defense. I expect WC to score some TDs but it won't be enough to overcome the points Lincolnton will put up. Lincolnton's 49 ppg on offense is misleading. It could be a lot more..... a running clock has been used in the 2nd half in four of their games limiting offensive possessions.

Reactions: L-Town fan
The team WC needs to worry about is the team they play Friday night. The WC fans may be hopeful that Lincolnton are sleeping on them but I can assure you the Wolves will be prepared and ready. They respect WC and the season they have had thus far. They will not be taking them lightly.

I am looking forward to seeing Tucker and the WC offense. There is no doubt that Lincolnton's strength is their offense but I think their defense gets somewhat over looked. The defense has improved with some personnel changes made around mid season and is not as bad as some have tried to portray. A good many points have been scored against Lincolnton in the 4th qtr against the 2nd and 3rd team defense. I expect WC to score some TDs but it won't be enough to overcome the points Lincolnton will put up. Lincolnton's 49 ppg on offense is misleading. It could be a lot more..... a running clock has been used in the 2nd half in four of their games limiting offensive possessions.
Fear the woofies, we have no chance. We need not show up . No on can best the huffing woofies

All I will say is it will be a good game may the best team win the best 2a conference in the state.

2 of 3 teams West beat in non conference has a winning record how about Lincolnton teams they played in non conference

Y'all should just let it go and continue this chat sometime late Friday evening. I'm done with talk. Let them settle it Friday night. Wolves like to howl so let them howl .

A Lincolnton poster reminded Icardcav3 about The Wolves beating The Warriors, last year. 41-7.

Icardcav3, reminded him that WC's quarterback T. Tucker was not playing in that game. I couldn't remember if he played or not and since I figured Icardcav3 might be using that as a comeback I went to the library, pulled that edition of the Lincoln Times-News, and sure enough, in one of the paragraphs it said West Caldwell was without starting quarterback Titus Tucker.

I had planned to confirm that Tucker played then leave a post on this thread saying Icardcav3 was wrong,but he was not,so in fairness I thought I'd give a tip of the hat to him for being right and showing me up...That's not the end of the story.

Consider this coincidence: The article said T. Tucker missed the Lincolnton game due to an injury he sustained in the previous game against East Lincoln. Even though he was injured last week against the Mustangs,again, hopefully he will be ready for Friday night.

Last edited:
A Lincolnton poster reminded Icardcav3 about The Wolves beating The Warriors, last year. 41-7.

Icardcav3, reminded him that WC's quarterback T. Tucker was not playing in that game. I couldn't remember if he played or not and since I figured Icardcav3 might be using that as a comeback I went to the library, pulled that edition of the Lincoln Times-News, and sure enough, in one of the paragraphs it said West Caldwell was without starting quarterback Titus Tucker.

I had planned to confirm that Tucker played then leave a post on this thread saying Icardcav3 was wrong,but he was not,so in fairness I thought I'd give a tip of the hat to him for being right and showing me up...That'a not the end of the story.

Consider this coincidence: The article said T. Tucker missed the Lincolnton game due to an injury he sustained in the previous game against East Lincoln. Even though he was injured last week against the Mustangs,again, hopefully he will be ready to Friday night.
East Lincoln killed West last year to how did that help them this year

East Lincoln had to loan them a couple of players to be competitive this year. You Warriors will never convince them till you beat em down Friday night! I'll post again after the game. Going back to the 3 and 4 boards......

PS..... tell English I buy him a steak dinner if West wins, and buy the whole team steak dinner if you shut them out.

Wolves by ten: WC gave up 325 yards passing to EL. They struggled with C.Dollar. Linc has two and maybe three receivers with his abilities.

Missed most of this thread, but I am sure there is some good stuff throughout, good luck to both teams, both are impressive. Lincolnton is a good football team without a doubt, West Caldwell is a good football team as well. And I will be honest if Tucker plays the whole game against EL, it is a no contest. The kid is impressive and was covering Dollar, but I will say this the OL for West Caldwell was even more impressive, big and mean, #54 is the best OL I have seen this year, and when he lined up at DL, he was the best DL I have seen all year, kid is a stud, #23 was all over the field as well. For Lincolnton, their defense is good enough, not near what it has been in the past but when you avg 50 pts a game what does it matter, and they have just an absolutely explosive offense that early spread the ball around, seems as though their identity is Littlejohn and Surratt at this point, I think WC disrupts that and Tucker plays, whomever pays to get in this one will get their money worth. Good luck to both teams

Reactions: zukeridr
CM3, we've been waiting for you to respond. We value your assessments of all games played and to be played.

You'd mentioned that with Tucker playing it would have been no contest. I take it you don't think that even without the two early East Lincoln turnovers which resulted in scores for WC, East still would have had no chance if Tucker had completed the game?

2 of 3 teams West beat in non conference has a winning record how about Lincolnton teams they played in non conference

Lincolnton has beaten every team on their schedule this year....that's all you can do. Obviously you have no control of how teams you play do against all the other teams they play.

Comparison of stats in conference play: Lincolnton scoring - 239 pts (47.8), Lincolnton pts given up - 78 (15.6); WC scoring - 206 pts (41.2), WC pts given up - 69 (13.8). The best two teams in the conference will be playing each other Friday night.....may the best team win.

Will this game be aired over the internet via stream? Hell I may make the trip down from Eastern Wilkes County to watch this one.

Illuminati704, WLON the Lincolnton radio station will more than likely carry it. Type it into Google. it will get you to KTC Broadcasting and the stream.

Thank you kindly. I probably should of specified but my intended question was will the game be broadcasted live over the internet by video?

I'll call the station today and find out then I will post it on here for you if one of the other Lincolnton poster hasn't already posted it.

Reactions: Illuminati704
Missed most of this thread, but I am sure there is some good stuff throughout, good luck to both teams, both are impressive. Lincolnton is a good football team without a doubt, West Caldwell is a good football team as well. And I will be honest if Tucker plays the whole game against EL, it is a no contest. The kid is impressive and was covering Dollar, but I will say this the OL for West Caldwell was even more impressive, big and mean, #54 is the best OL I have seen this year, and when he lined up at DL, he was the best DL I have seen all year, kid is a stud, #23 was all over the field as well. For Lincolnton, their defense is good enough, not near what it has been in the past but when you avg 50 pts a game what does it matter, and they have just an absolutely explosive offense that early spread the ball around, seems as though their identity is Littlejohn and Surratt at this point, I think WC disrupts that and Tucker plays, whomever pays to get in this one will get their money worth. Good luck to both teams
Great post, couldn't have said it better myself!

CM3, we've been waiting for you to respond. We value your assessments of all games played and to be played.

You'd mentioned that with Tucker playing it would have been no contest. I take it you don't think that even without the two early East Lincoln turnovers which resulted in scores for WC, East still would have had no chance if Tucker had completed the game?
Once again , West had three trips inside the ten that was a fumble and two turnover on downs that more than likely been touchdowns if Tuck was in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT