ADVERTISEMENT

SD-7 Championship Showdown... West Caldwell @ Lincolnton (Who ya wit?)

Should be a great game since Lincolnton "moved" all these transfers into the district. Still wondering how the kids from cherryville and north Lincoln became immediately eligible? What is the state process on kids transferring from one school district to the next ? Did the Surratts ever leave gaston county ?

Lame and played out.

Should be a great game since Lincolnton "moved" all these transfers into the district. Still wondering how the kids from cherryville and north Lincoln became immediately eligible? What is the state process on kids transferring from one school district to the next ? Did the Surratts ever leave gaston county ?
Thank you Trooper for shedding light on this.... now I really feel better by saying this game is between West caldwell and Lincoln County! This is starting to sound like Cleveland county all over again.

There are a lot of ways that kids can play at whatever school they choose. Some counties have open enrollment, there are some magnet schools, and then there are charter schools that can draw from a very large and unfair area, (and then get thrown in with 1A teams like Cherryville and Bessemer City, leaving it very difficult for those teams to compete, whole different discussion). It's never gonna be completely fair across the board, but I feel certain that Lincolnton is doing everything by the book, and no coaches or administration went out recruiting any of these players. The kids and their families chose to move and attend LHS, and our community accepted them with open arms. And as for the kid from Cherryville, I don't know all the facts so I won't get into what I've heard about why he moved mid-season. But I've heard his family had very good reasons and that high school athletics were not a factor.

It's facts ! The state should go back to open enrollment. Do I think lincolnton would be 9-0 without them absolutely! They just have too many grey areas in the 365 rule. Why have it when the county can override in case of the cherryville kid by saying his home situation is terrible and getting a hardship waiver.

Leave it alone. The points made about transfers are ridiculous and radiate an obvious lack of tact and grace. In the spirit of acceptance and inclusion, no team, coach, or administrator would push a kid away from an athletics program. At the core, high school athletics are about experience, character, and fun. There is no money involved, little-if-any fame, and few additional perks. This transfer rhetoric is meaningless and will only have a negative impact on the players who read (and they do read) these boards.

You're also getting dangerously close to - maybe crossed - the line of discussing specific players.

Would really like to see the admin step in here.

Sounds like excuses are already starting if Lincolnton wins, which to my knowledge no other team we have played has made this big a deal about it not even East Lincoln which to me says a lot for the coaches and the program they are building.

Sounds like excuses are already starting if Lincolnton wins, which to my knowledge no other team we have played has made this big a deal about it not even East Lincoln which to me says a lot for the coaches and the program they are building.
No one is making excuses, Lincolnton is supposed to win this game. The pressure is all on the woofies

Number 23 for the warriors is out due to knee injury that's a big lose in the secondary and the warriors leading reciver. And Tucker is game time decision

Number 23 for the warriors is out due to knee injury that's a big lose in the secondary and the warriors leading reciver. And Tucker is game time decision

According to Tucker on his Twitter account, he's playing. Haven't heard this about Brooks. He hasn't even tweeted anything about an injury. Went all over twitter and fb, no one is reporting an injury to Eligah Brooks! Even Eligah himself

Last edited:
Crest and Burns have been going back and forth for 3 years over transfers. I get tired of reading it.
"If you build it they will come" Get over it!

Reactions: zukeridr
Both teams with turnovers in the red zone.

End of 1st: Lincolnton 7, West Caldwell 6

No excuses West is far ahead of what they were 3 years ago regardless of tonight. If any of you thought they'd be playing to night for the conference championship you would have laughed. I'll leave it at that be proud of the young men and couches on both sides. They all should be proud of what they've done this season.
Cheers

I'll wait......this is been a long time coming....I got time for every excuse you gonna bring.....clocks a running!!!!:eek:

33-20 Wolves
Let's be honest we pretty much gave WC their last 14pts.
I also think we left 3-4 TDs on the field
That's the two over throws #82 the fumble by our RB in the 1st qrt & the fumble recovery inside the 10yrd line which he had to re-kick, when we shouldn't have. Long story a Win is a Win indeed. WC fans should put some Respeck on our name and second be thankful the miscues mentioned above wasn't successful.

I've been reading the post all week and restraining myself for replying "trust it was hard not to talk smack." I figured it was best to let the action on the field do the talking.
So as for who have we beaten that's good .... Put WC at the top of that list and yes those Hotdogs are just as good as our Wolves!

Enjoy your weekend!

Last edited:
Dang. What a difference it makes to actually play the game on the field, instead of in poster's heads.
I was almost worried after reading the first 6 pages, but it turns out that the Wolves dominated another game. Now the question for the loudmouths from pages 1-6, has Lincolnton played anybody now?

Go Wolves

Yeah y'all don't count as a good teamo_O

Watauga and Freedom aren't too bad and they just beat a 6-3 Patton team 40-0 .

But again, y'all don't count as a good win! Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT