Round 2 Unbiased Thoughts Please

TD08

Nov 4, 2017
Clinton vs Beddingfield/Bartlett Yancey

Red Springs vs West Craven

Northeastern vs SWO

Whiteville vs SWE

Thoughts??? Who wins

All four games shaping up to be great ones.

SWO I dont think can run away from NE. We just have to hang around and like the last two games GUT it out.

Clinton has another win

Red Springs and West Craven .......... I dont know but rootin for WC

Whiteville vs SWE I think is the battle. Game of the week in 2A. Both with impressive wins. I am pulling for Whiteville, just because of the seeding. Either one is a load

Reactions: dogs79
I will take Clinton in a blowout
Will take Red Springs over West Craven
Northeastern over SWO by at least 2 scores
and while i am pulling for Whiteville i think they get bought back down to earth this week and SWE advances

Why is EVERYONE Leaving out East Duplin???? Yes we are among the 2A classification, Yes we are still in the playoffs. Just because we go 2AA and the majority of the East is 2A we get Omitted????? Hello, East Duplin is still a part of the ECC!!! I don't appreciate you Guys leaving us out!!

Why is EVERYONE Leaving out East Duplin???? Yes we are among the 2A classification, Yes we are still in the playoffs. Just because we go 2AA and the majority of the East is 2A we get Omitted????? Hello, East Duplin is still a part of the ECC!!! I don't appreciate you Guys leaving us out!!

images

Northeastern vs SWO

Whiteville vs SWE

Thoughts??? Who wins
Clinton
Don't know anything about Red Springs
Northeastern
SWE
ED over randleman/morehead

What happened Goob?
I was going to film it and post it up here but I was by myself on the visitors side and I think I would've gotten jumped. Two players from what I could see were completely out of control. Coming back for the second half a whole group of Goldsboro players were about to throw down amongst each other. They were cussing and yelling and one player ripped his pads and jersey off, threw them on the track and was saying f#!* it I'm done with this team,f#!* everyone. He was player #9 I believe. Then the coach came flying out of the players chasing after the kid all the while the other coaches were grabbing him and holding him back. While this was going on another player said he quit and went and sat on the bench. I believe it was #40. He was yelling back at some people on the visitors side. They were telling him to calm down the game wasn't over. He was saying f*** this man, I'm done. F**# this team. Also of note, the parents or relatives of one of the players (not saying which # ) told the player to take out #8 (our qb). They said do what you have to do but make sure you knock him out of the game. What parent or fan says that? I was sitting right behind them like 4 rows up. They were screaming at the top of their lungs for their player to hurt Holden Hodge #8. At the end of the game when our qb took a knee to run the time out the Goldsboro player came and hit Hodge very hard well after he took a knee. All the refs threw flags but it didn't matter the game was in the final few seconds. This was by far the dirtiest team I've ever seen and their fans and coaches should be ashamed.

Reactions: bud33345
So why did you leave out West Craven?? Lol
I didn't otis, I said I don't know anything about Red Springs. Don't know much about WC either. All the other teans are in the same conference or at least have been except Whiteville but I do know about SWE.

You get omitted from this conversation because ED isn't in the bracket that the question was about. So why bring up ED in this post?

Last edited:
Clinton
West Craven. WC beats Clinton next week
Northeastern. I'll be there goob.
Whiteville. Moss is really good.
What?? Heck yeah John!!!!
Man I really appreciate that your coming. It really means a lot, I know that sounds crazy but I'm serious. I really like you guys at WRH Bud & Otis. I consider ya'll very good friends. This is great news and I'm going to let the kids at Northeastern know. That's very important in my eyes for them to see what a great fan base you guys have at WRH. I wish Old Dogg could come, but I know he's still recovery.

Clinton
West Craven. WC beats Clinton next week
Northeastern. I'll be there goob.
Whiteville. Moss is really good.
So you have the DarkHorses losing already. Both Clinton and West Craven have some work to do before that matchup occurs but it could be a good on Thangiving Frgiday

Hope it happens. Maybe y'all let me visit from the visitors side like Otis did at WRH game. That's ok. I can't handle the retribution. Just picking tho. Darkhorses really looks good,but would only pull for Clinton in final

Reactions: daagoob
I’m just saying, this is a “2A” board. All the thread title says is “Round 2”...it says nothing about the small 2A or 2AA brackets. How bout get off your high horse and quit being a d!ck?
The board is 2A/2AA as a whole, but this thread was asking about teams in the "2A" bracket! Do you not have reading comprehension? What teams did the original question ask about? Teams in the 2A bracket. Is ED in 2A or 2AA? 2AA. The post even named the teams that it was referring to. None which were East Duplin. So why would anyone mention ED in THIS THREAD when THIS THREAD was not asking about ED's bracket? Do you understand now? Nobody was omitting ED or considering them an afterthought. It's just that ED had nothing to do with this thread! So like I said, considering that the thread was asking about teams in the 2A bracket, why would anyone mention East Duplin? Can you answer that for me? Dick.

Reactions: 97Cougar
Topic heading says "Round 2 Unbiased Thoughts Please". Doesn't say anything about 2A or 2AA.

Still, so no one picked the ED game. So what. Add it if you want to the discussion just don't whine about it.

I admire the ED program and the coaching/staff is top notch in every way, but some of the fans on here and at the games are something else entirely but I guess every school has them.

Original question said:

Northeastern vs SWO

Whiteville vs SWE

Thoughts??? Who wins

If the title doesn't say 2A bracket, then his actual question does.
But anyway, y'all win. I've just realized that its no big deal.

Reactions: TD Pass2
some of these will still be a snoozefest

I look at 4AA West round 2 and it's like sudden death in an arena with the deadliest gladiators. No vacations, no reps for 3rd string, injuries, aches, and pains await

I was going to film it and post it up here but I was by myself on the visitors side and I think I would've gotten jumped. Two players from what I could see were completely out of control. Coming back for the second half a whole group of Goldsboro players were about to throw down amongst each other. They were cussing and yelling and one player ripped his pads and jersey off, threw them on the track and was saying f#!* it I'm done with this team,f#!* everyone. He was player #9 I believe. Then the coach came flying out of the players chasing after the kid all the while the other coaches were grabbing him and holding him back. While this was going on another player said he quit and went and sat on the bench. I believe it was #40. He was yelling back at some people on the visitors side. They were telling him to calm down the game wasn't over. He was saying f*** this man, I'm done. F**# this team. Also of note, the parents or relatives of one of the players (not saying which # ) told the player to take out #8 (our qb). They said do what you have to do but make sure you knock him out of the game. What parent or fan says that? I was sitting right behind them like 4 rows up. They were screaming at the top of their lungs for their player to hurt Holden Hodge #8. At the end of the game when our qb took a knee to run the time out the Goldsboro player came and hit Hodge very hard well after he took a knee. All the refs threw flags but it didn't matter the game was in the final few seconds. This was by far the dirtiest team I've ever seen and their fans and coaches should be ashamed.
They need to be fined and suspended from play in the 2020 playoffs. The NCHSSA needs to send out a message

They need to be fined and suspended from play in the 2020 playoffs. The NCHSSA needs to send out a message

This^^^^^
Wiz I've never seen anything like it. I've heard of similar situations where high school fans get in brawls and stuff but parents (2 of them) were calling for their kid to hurt our qb. At the end of the game after he took a knee they tried to do it.

This^^^^^
Wiz I've never seen anything like it. I've heard of similar situations where high school fans get in brawls and stuff but parents (2 of them) were calling for their kid to hurt our qb. At the end of the game after he took a knee they tried to do it.
I’m serious about suspensions from playoffs next year, that may seem drastic but the penalty has to reflect a flagrant situation
Early this season Clinton played Central Cabarrus ( why we were playing there) I don’t know we were leading 8-6 in 4th period and lost 19-8) well Central Cabarrus is between Concord and Charlotte. My wife and I spent the night off the beltline in Charlotte and at the hotel I was watching one of their television stations highn school football scoreboard show. I don’t remember the name of the other team but one was Mallard Creek. Well a fan (I don’t know who’s) fight broke out and I don’t mean 2-3 people. Nothing occurred on the field but the police were there and some called in in attempt to break up the fight. They were successful in getting the fight out of the stands and out the gate directing the fight off school grounds to a vacant lot across the street! Several arrest were made

You see this crap all the way from the top (pros) to the Pee Wees, in all sports. Now I wasnt an angel in my younger days, but nothing like this. And I dont think its the kids, its parents and adults. They are a sad excuse for excuse for either.

I can only speak on what I know.

On the Clinton vs Beddingfield matchup:

Clinton is fast and big up front (Oline) not as big on the Dline but speed to burn in the secondary. Clinton has had its most trouble on Defense when trying to defend a power running game, because while they aren't usually beat side to side (speed) they can get run through. WRH had a blessing in disguise when the lost Dalrymple in that game because their FB got a load of carries he otherwise might not have had if Dalrymple is in the game. He ran through and by Clinton all night, but while Clinton defense bent it never broke. IF Clinton forces Beddingfield to pass, its over, but if Beddingfield's power runs us to a low scoring game and keeps our offense off the field, it could be trouble.

Turnovers will be key in this game, neither team can really survive to turn the ball over. Clinton can score fast but would rather pound it on the ground. Clinton has also had some issues on special teams this year (Kickoff coverage) look for that to be key as well.

My prediction Clinton 28-7 if Beddingfield has to pass.
My prediction Clinton 21-14 if Beddingfield has success running.

Best of luck to both teams and go Horses!

I can only speak on what I know.

On the Clinton vs Beddingfield matchup:

Clinton is fast and big up front (Oline) not as big on the Dline but speed to burn in the secondary. Clinton has had its most trouble on Defense when trying to defend a power running game, because while they aren't usually beat side to side (speed) they can get run through. WRH had a blessing in disguise when the lost Dalrymple in that game because their FB got a load of carries he otherwise might not have had if Dalrymple is in the game. He ran through and by Clinton all night, but while Clinton defense bent it never broke. IF Clinton forces Beddingfield to pass, its over, but if Beddingfield's power runs us to a low scoring game and keeps our offense off the field, it could be trouble.

Turnovers will be key in this game, neither team can really survive to turn the ball over. Clinton can score fast but would rather pound it on the ground. Clinton has also had some issues on special teams this year (Kickoff coverage) look for that to be key as well.

My prediction Clinton 28-7 if Beddingfield has to pass.
My prediction Clinton 21-14 if Beddingfield has success running.

Best of luck to both teams and go Horses!
What’s your backfield like this season? Anyone over 1000, any stud back, or is it all done by committee?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT