4. Northeastern (7-0)
5. East Duplin (8-0)
6. Hibriten (7-0)
7. Wallace Rose Hill (6-1)
8. Mountain Heritage (6-0)
9. North Davidson (6-1)
10. South Columbus (7-0)
Time will tell

Seven undefeated teams in top 10 ... are there others?

Followup question: Did N.C. Preps originally have baker's dozen ranking?

There are 10 undefeated 2A teams. Franklin, Kinston and South Granville are also undefeated.

Last edited:
North Davidson is a team that can go 3rd 4th round or more in 4a. I've been saying all season 2a and 2aa is loaded east and west. Anyone raising a banner or buying shirts and hats this early are crazy. You have the perennial favorites and newcomers from 3a and 1a who've had seats at the table in other divisions and not ready to be last man standing without a chair. Reidsville, Shelby, WRH, ND, ED, NE, Clinton, South Point, Mt Heritage, Franklin, SC and several others can be problematic for any of the others. "Don't rest on yesterday's laurels when you're still in competition today," my pops circa 88.

North Davidson is a team that can go 3rd 4th round or more in 4a. I've been saying all season 2a and 2aa is loaded east and west. Anyone raising a banner or buying shirts and hats this early are crazy. You have the perennial favorites and newcomers from 3a and 1a who've had seats at the table in other divisions and not ready to be last man standing without a chair. Reidsville, Shelby, WRH, ND, ED, NE, Clinton, South Point, Mt Heritage, Franklin, SC and several others can be problematic for any of the others. "Don't rest on yesterday's laurels when you're still in competition today," my pops circa 88.

The ones in bold yeah. The others...IIIIIII dont know.

Last edited:

Yes. Arnold Soloman, the founder, did The Bakers Dozen Top 13. Think Deana did it also for a time.

Yawn... Playoffs will tell the tale. Too many undefeated teams at this point to complain about spots in a poll...

With that said, not all schedules are equal. ND and Shelby played whales of schedules out of conference. Reidsville schedule wasn't the hardest but everyone knows not to underestimate them lol. We'll see in a few weeks who the pretenders are...

Yawn... Playoffs will tell the tale. Too many undefeated teams at this point to complain about spots in a poll...

With that said, not all schedules are equal. ND and Shelby played whales of schedules out of conference. Reidsville schedule wasn't the hardest but everyone knows not to underestimate them lol. We'll see in a few weeks who the pretenders are...
Reidsville non-conference schedule (7 games) included four 3-A schools and two 4-A schools. Rockingham County (3-A) is 5-2, W-S Reynolds (4-A) is 5-2 and Magna Vista (3-A in Virginia) is 4-2 and has rebounded from a 35-0 loss to Reidsville to win its next three 49-0, 41-14 and 41-0. Rams' schedule wasn't the hardest, but it wasn't a cupcake city either.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
Reidsville non-conference schedule (7 games) included four 3-A schools and two 4-A schools. Rockingham County (3-A) is 5-2, W-S Reynolds (4-A) is 5-2 and Magna Vista (3-A in Virginia) is 4-2 and has rebounded from a 35-0 loss to Reidsville to win its next three 49-0, 41-14 and 41-0. Rams' schedule wasn't the hardest, but it wasn't a cupcake city either.

Magna vista has a pretty good team. No one in North Carolina really knows about them, so we won't get any credit for that.

I'll give you the Virginia school. I still think Rockingham county and Reynolds have much to prove.

Magna Vista vs. Danville GW this week. That will say a lot about the Warriors.

I certainly hope Wallace or East Duplin runs into NE. NE will fall just as they have the majority of if not everytime they've run into Clinton ED or Wallace, bank on it!

Magna vista was a top 10 team in 3a when the rams beat them. Not sure if they are now or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT