ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps 2A Top 10 Week 9

Not sure. But the last time ED played Northeastern it was ugly. Anyway... Northeastern is a giant tomato can in a conference full of little tomato cans. They play nobody of importance and everytime this poll is released with them ahead of ED & Wallace it loses more credibility.

The problem is that nobody wants to drive three hours to play a team when they could find similar competition a lot closer. So its hard to judge just how good they are.
The last time NHS played ED it was 30-20, ED won and it was two bad snaps one on a punt and one around midfield that resulted in TDs, I wouldn't say it was ugly. You are right about the location of NHS it is a detriment to them because no one wants to make the drive. Playoffs will show if they are the real deal or not.

Y'all said the same thing about Southwest Onslow they beat us to go to the title game and then we play them again and blew them out

Southwest Onslow has not been Southwest Onslow since Phil Padgett retired that team yall beat in the playoffs last year is a shell of what SWO use to be

Reactions: BigBird12
You want to beat a team when there at their absolute best correct....like beating Thomasville and Cummings nowadays is nothing to brag about great historical Programs multiple state titles(you know those things NE doesn’t have:D) but those teams are nothing like they were in the early mid 2000’s

So if we beat them darkhorses this year you be singing the same song

Keyword there would be “if” a 5 loss Clinton team went up to Elizabeth City before and came out with a win against a 1 loss Eagle team soooo anything could happen

I remember a avg Clinton team going up to Elizabeth City in 08 and winning...your reputation precedes you....until you beat someone good from down this way thats how its going be....last season if Wallace was 2A Edenton Holmes would not been playing in the title game

I definitely remember that game. Very very cold one

Not sure. But the last time ED played Northeastern it was ugly. Anyway... Northeastern is a giant tomato can in a conference full of little tomato cans. They play nobody of importance and everytime this poll is released with them ahead of ED & Wallace it loses more credibility.

The problem is that nobody wants to drive three hours to play a team when they could find similar competition a lot closer. So its hard to judge just how good they are.

Who would ED consider similar competition?

Look down here in Elizabeth City we play anybody we don't care about the record if you undefeated we don't care we just want a chance y'all the ones keep saying that northeastern play cupcake teams we only play who will play us

Look down here in Elizabeth City we play anybody we don't care about the record if you undefeated we don't care we just want a chance y'all the ones keep saying that northeastern play cupcake teams we only play who will play us
im going to come at you with a different tone than some of my fellow ED fans. i do think you guys usually play a fairly weak schedule, but i think thats more because of your location than anything else. in other words i dont think its your fault. i do think Northeastern is a good program, but i feel like we play a much more physical style of football down this way. look at us, we have beat eventual state champions in a season on more than one occassion, but we have never won one ourselves. so we get criticized just like you guys, but for different reasons. until you go out and do what everyone criticizes you for, you will always have the naysayers. for ED, its for having not won state. for NE, its for not fairing well vs people from our area. it doesnt mean "any team" is a bad team. its just normal scrutiny directed at good programs. it is what it is. good luck the rest of the season.

Last edited:
Mercy 96. You know more about football than anyone else. Look what beating WRH has done for you. Ya da man, now! I can't imagine your knowledge level if Battle gets you a ship.

Mercy 96. You know more about football than anyone else. Look what beating WRH has done for you. Ya da man, now! I can't imagine your knowledge level if Battle gets you a ship.
youre still here? i thought you went back to 1A :)

Got to keep you grounded. Panthers has got what it takes, but that does not always win it. Guess we all know that ,though.

Got to keep you grounded. Panthers has got what it takes, but that does not always win it. Guess we all know that ,though.
of course we do. nobody on our end has come anywhere near guaranteeing a championship. we know we have a good team but their are several very good teams out there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT