ADVERTISEMENT

Legislators at it again

But it should not be linked into that bill. They are going to link it there to get support then screw everything else up because people aren't going to pay attention to the rest of the bill because they're caught by the distractor.

But it should not be linked into that bill. They are going to link it there to get support then screw everything else up because people aren't going to pay attention to the rest of the bill because they're caught by the distractor.
SOP

I don't have too much issue with that. Kids who want to participate in sports should be allowed to participate

If they leave a public school to attend a charter or private school and the money allocated to them follows, then they should reap no benefit of the public schools. Home school I'm on the fence on.

If you don't want to send them to a public school then why would you want to send them to play sports there?

Also it would have to be the school in which they are districted to imo. None of this we live in the Lake Norman district, attend Langtree Charter who doesn't have football, but we want the option to play football at Mooresville.

• Love
Reactions: btango and mtnpack
If they leave a public school to attend a charter or private school and the money allocated to them follows, then they should reap no benefit of the public schools. Home school I'm on the fence on.

If you don't want to send them to a public school then why would you want to send them to play sports there?

Also it would have to be the school in which they are districted to imo. None of this we live in the Lake Norman district, attend Langtree Charter who doesn't have football, but we want the option to play football at Mooresville.
I think there's some form of this already in place. I believe if you're homeschooled you can play football in your district school. I know like Challenger high School in Newton kids go there but can still play sports in district they are assigned to

I think there's some form of this already in place. I believe if you're homeschooled you can play football in your district school. I know like Challenger high School in Newton kids go there but can still play sports in district they are assigned to

They must be dual enrolled in the school system and home school. Typically take school classes through a virtual academy offered by school district.

Challenger is in the Catawba County School System so it works the same as a early college or magnet school would.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocdavis31
Too many Republicans, too many Democrats and far too few North Carolinians are in the state legislature. We can’t give either party too much power as both parties simply can’t control themselves. This bill seems less focused on the student-athlete experience and more focused on raw power.

Everything they are doing is for power.

It’s an awful proposal that is poorly written. High school sports should not be politicized as it diminishes the mission of high school sports and does nothing but causes further division. Both parties have sold their souls away and the third parties can’t attract enough anger for the masses.
Yet unaffiliated voters are now the largest group in North Carolina, followed by Democrats and Republicans. What we really need is reform that makes it easier for unaffiliated voters to get on the ballot and run for office.

Yet unaffiliated voters are now the largest group in North Carolina, followed by Democrats and Republicans. What we really need is reform that makes it easier for unaffiliated voters to get on the ballot and run for office.

Correct. Honestly I think it should be unconstitutional to require someone to get signatures to run for public office.

Reactions: CherokeeKid
It’s an awful proposal that is poorly written. High school sports should not be politicized as it diminishes the mission of high school sports and does nothing but causes further division. Both parties have sold their souls away and the third parties can’t attract enough anger for the masses.

This currently isn't a both party issue in North Carolina in regards to the happenings with education.

This currently isn't a both party issue in North Carolina in regards to the happenings with education.
I don’t dispute this statement at all. There’s a power grab going on that runs contrary to the best interest. I made my statement as neither party is willing to work together and put aside their own self-interest to look at what is best for the student-athlete. I have no issues if the legislature tries to promote the best interests of all student-athletes but this won’t happen under today’s environment as any compromise looks as being a weakness with their respective bases. This bill is a perfect example of the power grab as the party with control creates a bad bill that will create more issues than it resolves.

I am unaffiliated and when I vote I look at what is best for my community and for North Carolina. We should all study the issues and be an informed voter and not rely on what slanted news outlets/websites tell us. I feel this gives me power as I don’t have an allegiance to a party but only to my community and my state. Reform is needed as many of us don’t fit the standard plank of either party.

I am unaffiliated and when I vote I look at what is best for my community and for North Carolina. We should all study the issues and be an informed voter and not rely on what slanted news outlets/websites tell us. I feel this gives me power as I don’t have an allegiance to a party but only to my community and my state. Reform is needed as many of us don’t fit the standard plank of either party.

Bingo.

I think the power grab from the current party is because they know they're popularity is waning and waning quickly, especially with younger voters which is why they'll do everything they can to make it harder to vote, gerrymander, and drive fear into people to get them to the polls. 3 house members have filed a bill that would change the makeup of the Senate, establishing 50 Senators each representing 2 counties, all but killing the voice of the largest chunk of population in the state.

On the other hand, they are throwing beachballs up to the other party but they are just allowing them to fall and hit the ground instead of slapping them because they refuse to get ugly over some of the nonsense occuring and fight back against the hate and misinformation being spread against entities such as public schools. Right now is a great time for them to come out strong against this NCHSAA bill and every other anti education bill but I've hardly heard any resistance to it.

Young voters are about to make a splash in the country and I hope in the process we can push out the hundreds of dinosaurs making life hard on all of us while fighting to grab whatever power and money they can. The 2 party system has to go. The largest number of people in the country aren't represented by this archaic system.

"Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely"

Gridlocked govt is best, neither party behaves when they are in power.

Reactions: Bill28714
"Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely"

Gridlocked govt is best, neither party behaves when they are in power.
Amen. It used to make people work together but now they run to the closest TV camera and spout out their assigned talking points. I judge a politician not by what they say but by their willingness to work with others to improve government. I could care less who gets the credit whether its a Republican or a Democrat.

I am one of the few that feels that way. Both sides have bases that politicize everything possible. No need to politicize and power grab high school athletics and that is the intentbof this bill.

HB 793 has been filed and looks like it would require all districts to become open enrollment. More legalized segregation coming.

For the love of God, take the wool off your eyes people and stop worrying over a rainbow flag.

Actually has had revisions made. Also we need to note a local bill(which doesn't require a house vote) for an airport in Beaufort County had language snuck in last week to require Beaufort to adopt the controversial Hillsdale College history standards over NC BOE standards. Language was removed and was said that more counties want in on it. Another farce.

Last edited:
I have seen some stupid bills come out of Raleigh this year, but this one is as bad as any. Aside from its effect on athletics, it doesn’t allow any preparation for staffing levels. These people are idiots.

But it's ok, they aren't "woke" they we'll keep voting for them. Let Robinson win the Governorship and we'll be Florida+Tennessee on steroids.

Our schools are about to change drastically and the people with the blinders on aren't prepared for what's to come. We've warned you.

But it's ok, they aren't "woke" they we'll keep voting for them. Let Robinson win the Governorship and we'll be Florida+Tennessee on steroids.

Our schools are about to change drastically and the people with the blinders on aren't prepared for what's to come. We've warned you.
He’s the biggest idiot down there.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT