ADVERTISEMENT

Legislators at it again

Sportsnut17

Oct 7, 2005

The last thing we need is government involved even more

Reactions: Freshmanposter01
I fully support the transgender rule, but not sure why they couldn't stop there.

Because it isn't about transgender issue. It's about power and throwing the transgender issue out(which is no where near the issue being made currently) fires people up and puts blinders on people so they can push through a bunch more nonsense for power.

If people would start ignoring all the culture wars and really pay attention they'd see the amount of bs taking place and about to take place in the state, but the NCGA powers will keep throwing out trigger words and keep doing wrong in the darkness of night.

Keeps the NCHSAA from regulating the intellectual property of schools, including logos, mascots, and audio and video of any games outside of state tournaments.

• NCHSAA can't prohibit or restrict a participating school from scheduling a non-conference game during the regular season

Does this mean we can play games on ESPN and participate in national high school tournaments?

Keeps the NCHSAA from regulating the intellectual property of schools, including logos, mascots, and audio and video of any games outside of state tournaments.

• NCHSAA can't prohibit or restrict a participating school from scheduling a non-conference game during the regular season

Does this mean we can play games on ESPN and participate in national high school tournaments?
Sounds like it. Which, of course is the next step toward NIL in North Carolina. We have lost all sense of what high school sports should be. Virtual transfer portal and who knows what else. Gambling on high school games? Fixing scandals? Thank God I was born long enough ago to appreciate the beauty of amateur sports.

They wanted Que to fall on the sword last time and she wouldn't. Cooper can't give her cover this time with a veto. She pissed off some pretty powerful politicians and they're back for their revenge. They're never going to be satisfied until she quits or retires.

The NIL thing is coming anyway. Surrounding states are already approving it.

They wanted Que to fall on the sword last time and she wouldn't. Cooper can't give her cover this time with a veto. She pissed off some pretty powerful politicians and they're back for their revenge. They're never going to be satisfied until she quits or retires.

You’ve probably seen Tennessee’s response. Pretty limited approach if you can’t use the school’s name, image or uniform. Very few athletes could be identified solely by their name except locally.

Reactions: btango

"And they're back for revenge"

That's an issue and is a problem which proves how corrupt politics are.

Sounds like it. Which, of course is the next step toward NIL in North Carolina. We have lost all sense of what high school sports should be. Virtual transfer portal and who knows what else. Gambling on high school games? Fixing scandals? Thank God I was born long enough ago to appreciate the beauty of amateur sports.

ha! that ship sailed long ago, along with anything else you could imagine. Like looooooooonng ago.

You’ve probably seen Tennessee’s response. Pretty limited approach if you can’t use the school’s name, image or uniform. Very few athletes could be identified solely by their name except locally.
Exactly. It isn't intended for them to get some sort of national tv campaign. If local QB Joe Cool gets a used Camaro to drive from Smilin' Bob's Clean Used Cars; or all the free sandwiches he and his linemen can put away from the local BBQ pit, in exchange for showing up at the lot or the restaurant on the odd Saturday to press the flesh, then that's about all to expect.

Reactions: FreedomAlum
Exactly. It isn't intended for them to get some sort of national tv campaign. If local QB Joe Cool gets a used Camaro to drive from Smilin' Bob's Clean Used Cars; or all the free sandwiches he and his linemen can put away from the local BBQ pit, in exchange for showing up at the lot or the restaurant on the odd Saturday to press the flesh, then that's about all to expect.
Yeah, I guess it’s terribly old fashioned to think that kids would play sports for the camaraderie, the life lessons and the pure joy of sport. Gotta make a buck off everything in life or it has no value.

Yeah, I guess it’s terribly old fashioned to think that kids would play sports for the camaraderie, the life lessons and the pure joy of sport. Gotta make a buck off everything in life or it has no value.
That ship sailed. The same legal principles used to allow college kids to profit off of their name will eventually filter on down. In fact, a HS kid probably would have a better case since they aren't getting a scholarship to attend public school. You can try to get ahead of it and set parameters or sit back and have it crammed down your throat by a judge who doesn't give two $#!+$ whether you've got a policy ready or not.

Reactions: FreedomAlum
That ship sailed. The same legal principles used to allow college kids to profit off of their name will eventually filter on down. In fact, a HS kid probably would have a better case since they aren't getting a scholarship to attend public school. You can try to get ahead of it and set parameters or sit back and have it crammed down your throat by a judge who doesn't give two $#!+$ whether you've got a policy ready or not.
True dat. Doesn’t mean I have to like it. Quit watching professional sports due to the greed by everybody involved. Only watch college bowl games and ACC tournament/ NCHSAA basketball tournament. There’s a lot I need to see and do. I can live without high school sports too if they follow that path. May feel differently someday when my grandson gets there. But he’s seven months. I have time to adjust😁

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT