ADVERTISEMENT

Edenton Holmes vs Reidsville Title Game

understand they have one of the best backs in the state with true sprinter's speed..you're right...triple option is tough to defend if you're not used to seeing it.................

The triple option is all about stopping the dive up the middle. If thats not a threat, the triple option is very easily contained. Especially if you have team speed on defense.

Reactions: BigBird12
They gapped SC for at least 10-15 yards with dive up the middle... I mean really it was the only play they ran most the night how we couldn't stop it just one time is beyond me

Guys EH has it all. Speed,smart QB good Defense. Stopping that run up middle is easy said than done. QB does a lot of blocking on edges for pitch back. 2 very fast backs and a very good Rec. Reidsville has a good team so just key it up,turn the dog lose and let the cat out. Best team wins it all.

They gapped SC for at least 10-15 yards with dive up the middle... I mean really it was the only play they ran most the night how we couldn't stop it just one time is beyond me
It easy said than done because you never know who's going to get the ball.

This Holmes team worries me a bit because the are an unbalanced team that runs a triple option offense. That means every team they have faced knows they're going to run it and still can't stop it. They even blew out South Columbus in the regional champion. South Columbus knew what they was going to do and still got blown out. Having small offensive line don't mean a thing when your running the triple option because you are zone blocking. With that being said I say Reidsville wins 28-14. Reidsville fast front 8 or 9 causes turnovers during the QB and RB exchange. Holmes fast defense keeps the game from getting out of hand.

I think Reidsville takes care of business Saturday u stop the run and get them behind to scores where they gotta throw changes the ball game think rams win 35-14

I think Reidsville takes care of business Saturday u stop the run and get them behind to scores where they gotta throw changes the ball game think rams win 35-14
We both still have them scoring 14 you gave us an extra TD. I honestly hope you're right. Don't won't another game like last Friday very close until the last five minutes

Northeastern did a solid job both times stopping the dive. If you can stop the dive though, watch out for the QB. He's not fast but he's got some power behind him

Reactions: JAHAces
Our D will probably be the biggest front they've faced all year. When you get pushed on by 250lb plus lineman over and over and over it takes a toll. Mt Heritage, N Rowan and Lincolnton had big fronts and they couldn't control the line of scrimmage. Especially when they're fast too. We have to play assignments and keys.
The key to the game is for them to slow down our O. If they can't, it can get ugly quick. Hard for a run based team to make up a bunch of points or come from behind.

I just can't see them running all over our defense I predicted a 35-14 ram win but I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the 48 range.

Man I thought the same thing when they played South though. I know your team is good and your probably right but we had a very very big powerful D line that had been smashing everyone all year and they made us look silly with their speed. Hard to admit that but they really did. When I saw their size when they came on the field I thought to myself, ain't no way. Boy was I wrong. Not talking bad about Reidsville at all just telling you what I've seen EH do. Good luck and enjoy the championship game, both teams by far deserve to be there.

I'm not taking anything away from any program that made it this far. There's a reason they're here. TBH I think Shelby is the only team in 2a that going into the game worried we couldn't beat. Can we be beat, absolutely. Our run defense has been fantastic and we have a great coaching staff. No one thought we'd shut down Lincolnton's O. They averaged 51 a game and over 500 yds per game. They had 179 and 7

Reactions: WINGT Tradition
The only team that made us look silly this year besides Edenton Holmes was Wallace Rose Hill. It was a weird feeling watching a team that small and fast do that to us but they did. Man I wish I could go to the championship game. I'd love to watch it. Good luck guys.

Reactions: 35Lead
The only team that made us look silly this year besides Edenton Holmes was Wallace Rose Hill. It was a weird feeling watching a team that small and fast do that to us but they did. Man I wish I could go to the championship game. I'd love to watch it. Good luck guys.
One thing you can't do his judge a kid heart and a lot of coaches make that mistake when they go after the 4 and 5 star kids and when they get to college some just ride the bench for four years or transfer to another program. if they would look at the kid as a football player they would do a lot better in recruiting some kids. Edenton/Holmes always was the smallest team in their conference so they are use to going against bigger kids and player because of the technique and training they use. Heck when I played we use to get laughed at by the other team when we walk into their gym but once we got out on the field that attitude changed when the finally score end up being 48-6,38-12 etc.. Some of the baddest and meanest warrior out their in the Special Operation units such as Navy Seal,Green Beret,Rangers etc. are 6'5" or 6'6" they average about 5'10 or 5'11 170/175. The Aces will be alright on Saturday as far as going against the bigger team they won't be intimidated at all.

They been beating teams pretty good and pretty bad hope we can control the run never know what's gonna happen guess thats why they play the game. Hope it's a good game and at the end a victory by the RAMS
The most logical post I've read so far

I've seen Edenton play. Never seen Reidsville. Not saying Reidsville doesnt have this or that. Or edenton has this or that. Edenton is fundamentally sound. No real weaknesses except they might have a turnover or two. And when then they have those, they usually make up for it. They have went up against big teams. Rocky Mount is 3A and in the title game. Northeastern line is outrageous. By all accounts, northeastern should probably be the one here. But that's how good edenton was that night and has been all year. Reidsville could come out and dominate. Edenton could come come out and run reidsville out. Who knows. We'll see on Saturday.

Last edited:
Interesting fact. Two teams Edenton Holmes played this year are still playing--Plymouth and Rocky Mount.

I do not but I might be able to catch it online.
Is Time Warner Cable available in the eastern part of the state?
As far as watching online, not sure, but I think you have to have a subscription to pull up their content.

Is Time Warner Cable available in the eastern part of the state?
As far as watching online, not sure, but I think you have to have a subscription to pull up their content.
Yes it available. If anyone of the two teams has a local company or broadcaster that is doing the game can you please post the link on here? I'd love to listen or watch it. Thanks!

Yes it available. If anyone of the two teams has a local company or broadcaster that is doing the game can you please post the link on here? I'd love to listen or watch it. Thanks!
Maybe there's a restaurant/bar in Edenton that will have the game on?

the tragic part in all this: for as dominant as Reidsville has been....where are the D1 players?....the payoff where it really matters in life? According to the Rivals recruiting database, Reidsville has 0 D1 prospects in the 2017 class. One kid listed in the 2018 class (with no actual offers listed) and also none is last years class....and there was one, J Rankin in the 2015 class....for all that talent, all the wins....where are the prospects? By contrast Shelby has 1 kid committed to ECU this year, and 2 other kids in the database. and they have a Junior Linebacker who is currently listed at the #100 player IN THE NATION for the 2018 class, and he's #2 in the nation in his position....with offers already from 10 D1 schools.

Reactions: ramking2012
the tragic part in all this: for as dominant as Reidsville has been....where are the D1 players?....the payoff where it really matters in life? According to the Rivals recruiting database, Reidsville has 0 D1 prospects in the 2017 class. One kid listed in the 2018 class (with no actual offers listed) and also none is last years class....and there was one, J Rankin in the 2015 class....for all that talent, all the wins....where are the prospects? By contrast Shelby has 1 kid committed to ECU this year, and 2 other kids in the database. and they have a Junior Linebacker who is currently listed at the #100 player IN THE NATION for the 2018 class, and he's #2 in the nation in his position....with offers already from 10 D1 schools.
What's wrong with just playing high school football? There are plenty of D1 prospects playing in the Shrine Bowl who would rather be playing in state championship games.
Reidsville's strength is team, not individuals.

What's wrong with just playing high school football? There are plenty of D1 prospects playing in the Shrine Bowl who would rather be playing in state championship games.
Reidsville's strength is team, not individuals.
thats true. They very well could just be wanting to play HS football. Nothing beats the team aspect. But I'm sure 80% or more of those kids want to go somewhere and play. Its gotta be one their dreams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT