ADVERTISEMENT

Dutch Fork vs Gaffney 5A State Championship game

He lost two games in 1996 and 1997. Close games. Rolled Richmond at the Rock in 2000. That was the changing of the guard.
Wow. So DF and Tommy Knotts lost the Title game tonight.
And who beat him? Gaffney?
Most on this thread said Gaffney had no chance. Knotts would hang 50 on them said one.
Who beat Knotts in 96, 97, or 98?
And didn’t he lose in 2000 to somebody?
Didn’t he win at WC in 1995, between Crest’s titles in 94 and 96?

Most on this thread said Gaffney had no chance. Knotts would hang 50 on them said one.
I feel a Shelby reference coming in 3....2....

Btango- Quick question. Is the competition in DF's conf and area real weak? He seems to just roll people all year but the schools like Fort D and some of the upstate seem to give him real problems. I have seen them play 3-4 times and frankly they dont seem physically dominant. They certainly didnt against Mallard Creek. I think a Vance team with Echols in place would have given them alot of problems.
Didn’t Mallard Creek play Gaffney this year?

No, Knotts lost to Richmond and DB once in 1997 and twice in 1998!

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Did I? 4? What u talking about Willis?
You know exactly who and what we are talking about.
Your group threaten anyone from the lower classifications that challenge your perceived 4A dominance, regardless of how harmless, or correct it may be.
And the moderators allow your tactics to influence them to shut down simple debate.
It is sad.

Your group threaten anyone from the lower classifications that challenge your perceived 4A dominance, regardless of how harmless, or correct it may be.
And the moderators allow your tactics to influence them to shut down simple debate.
It is sad.
No the moderators see what ur doing...u should have done that in a 2A thread not here. No disrespect to Shelby but this is a 4A thread...there's a lot of guys here that read thru other threads and comment there...all u had to do is kept it down there. Plus to think that the mods needed an influence and not have made they're own decision proves how big of a jaded ass u r. Shelby is good...but we don't give a shit.

It is sad.
Yes, for years, the moderators have been on his side. :(

It is sad.
I suppose I understand what you're talking about because I occasionally read some of these threads and take note of the unfair system. The moderators you feel are in charge are not the only ones in charge. Other folks appear to have access.

No the moderators see what ur doing...u should have done that in a 2A thread not here. No disrespect to Shelby but this is a 4A thread...there's a lot of guys here that read thru other threads and comment there...all u had to do is kept it down there. Plus to think that the mods needed an influence and not have made they're own decision proves how big of a jaded ass u r. Shelby is good...but we don't give a shit.
Any topic that concerns out of state competition and any topic of a historical nature for all of NC high school football can and should be posted on any board, including all 4 of them.
By their nature, those topics transcend classifications and deserve as much viewing as the thread poster feels reasonable.
How those topics play out rests solely on the responses they generate. Few or no responses and they die quickly. Let it ride.
It is not your role or the role of your gang to suppress newsworthy topics or debatable ones.
Yet you guys routinely and unashamedly attack, mock viciously, threaten and profane any and all you feel are mistaken.
You and your gang are the ones that deserve discipline and censure from the moderators.
But we will not hold our breath for that.
They apparently are intimidated by you.

Any topic that concerns out of state competition and any topic of a historical nature for all of NC high school football can and should be posted on any board, including all 4 of them.
By their nature, those topics transcend classifications and deserve as much viewing as the thread poster feels reasonable.
How those topics play out rests solely on the responses they generate. Few or no responses and they die quickly. Let it ride.
It is not your role or the role of your gang to suppress newsworthy topics or debatable ones.
Yet you guys routinely and unashamedly attack, mock viciously, threaten and profane any and all you feel are mistaken.
You and your gang are the ones that deserve discipline and censure from the moderators.
Damn sounds like u feel marginalized...someone from Vance/Chambers is marginalizing a Shelby fan??? Yeah it's about time for me to retire this me too stuff is getting out...of...hand. lol

They’re missing you on the 2A board. You’re failing drastically up here. 😂 Go Home 🏠

Last edited:
S2V2! If you would stop 🛑 creating 20 different profiles and talk football without the nonstop trolling. They would be on your side also. 😂 Mr. return of the Mac. You are not a Mac! Lmao
I thought he was that 97-98 guy....smh..it's starting to become too much for me I love football and primarily HS football but when there's people who come on a simple HS thread with burner accts that go back 5 and 10 yrs...yeah too much. Look they're jus kids and in the end it's all about them becoming proud, strong independent men...not for your juvenile, jaded life where u feel like u missed out and were picked at as a kid...it's called therapy my guy..people get paid good money to help u out smh.

bottom line: you miss-judged the audience and how your post would be received by the community (as a whole).

it happens, man. no big deal. move on and live to fight another day. no need to die on this hill.

don’t get bogged down in all of this when you got a championship week to look forward to

bottom line: you miss-judged the audience and how your post would be received by the community (as a whole).

it happens, man. no big deal. move on and live to fight another day. no need to die on this hill.

don’t get bogged down in all of this when you got a championship week to look forward to
Dude that idea has too much common sense..u know it's not supposed to b that easy. No agendas? No trolling burner accts? No narratives or moving the goal posts to support ur narratives? Lame idea lol *of course sarcasm*

I thought he was that 97-98 guy....smh..it's starting to become too much for me I love football and primarily HS football but when there's people who come on a simple HS thread with burner accts that go back 5 and 10 yrs...yeah too much. Look they're jus kids and in the end it's all about them becoming proud, strong independent men...not for your juvenile, jaded life where u feel like u missed out and were picked at as a kid...it's called therapy my guy..people get paid good money to help u out smh.
97-98 guy = The True Dynasty. Thats what he/she changed to after he was banned the last time.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
We see teams win consecutive championships and get to used to it like it’s no big deal. It’s hard to win it all. You have to be very good and catch some breaks. Then when your champs you get everyone’s best shot. What DF did is truly historic and should be appreciated. Congrats to them on their great run and congrats to Gaffney for a tremendous win.

97-98 guy = The True Dynasty. Thats what he/she changed to after he was banned the last time.
It's crazy when u think about it....grown ass people makes burner and trolling accts on a HS forum. So some grown ass man/woman with kids and family possibly is making all these phantom accts on a HS forum website. If that isn't the saddest shit u ever heard. Maybe because I live in a metropolitan city I have a lot of stuff with real life to worry about. Shelby is HS football the only thing going on there???

It's crazy when u think about it....grown ass people makes burner and trolling accts on a HS forum. So some grown ass man/woman with kids and family possibly is making all these phantom accts on a HS forum website. If that isn't the saddest shit u ever heard. Maybe because I live in a metropolitan city I have a lot of stuff with real life to worry about. Shelby is HS football the only thing going on there???
They have a decent golf course…. About it.

Btango- Quick question. Is the competition in DF's conf and area real weak? He seems to just roll people all year but the schools like Fort D and some of the upstate seem to give him real problems. I have seen them play 3-4 times and frankly they dont seem physically dominant. They certainly didnt against Mallard Creek. I think a Vance team with Echols in place would have given them alot of problems.
Agree that the local competition is weak. Do not agree they are not physical but I think that goes with the year/players. Team that played MC was sitting at skill positions but had lost a lot of the line from previous year.

Fort D is the strongest program in the Low Country and the best overall football on the big school level May be the upstate in the Spartanburg - Gaffney area.

Thought their 2019 was about as good as it got.

Was not impressed with this team nearly as much although the DBs were headhunters but got lost in coverage several times. Very athletic at LB. Their top RB got banged up last week. Receivers were impressive and made up for QB deficiencies.
OL was very solid.

Give credit to Gaffney. They did a great job of making some big O plays when they had to and their routes kept DF confused and the QB was solid.

Thought Gaffney O coaches did a better job than DF D coaches. DF O hurt themselves several times with penalties that caused lost yardage and they turned the ball over on downs.

DF let Gaffney hang around and it got them.

how does their’s differ from other counties/school districts? i would image most (if not all) have a similar policy, no ?

dutch fork has benefited greatly from hiring a hall-of-fame coach. you get what you pay for.
I agree that he is a hall of fame coach and has done an outstanding job.

He has also benefited from the open enrollment policy in the district that does not exist in many districts.

Did those policies exist before he arrived? Do the other schools in his district play under those rules or does DF only have that advantage?

ha yeah, i’m still confused on this. south carolina, as a state, has open enrollment. the exact policy details are left up to each individual school district.

is everyone else just asleep at the wheel? i think if others truly believed he was gaining an advantage, they would adapt their own policy asap.

i’m curious what dutch fork’s district is doing differently compared to the others.

When Dutch Fork wins it all, they begin to mock and question any and all success in their path. They'll clown them if Dutch Fork loses everything. Someone is obviously looking for a bump on the log in either case. Who knows for what reason. how disappointing.

ha yeah, i’m still confused on this. south carolina, as a state, has open enrollment. the exact policy details are left up to each individual school district.

is everyone else just asleep at the wheel? i think if others truly believed he was gaining an advantage, they would adapt their own policy asap.

i’m curious what dutch fork’s district is doing differently compared to the others.
Dutch Fork was weak until about 10 years ago, and in the last 10 years they won several state championships. What do you think changed? I'll tell you. The same thing that happened previously at Harding, West Charlotte, and Independence.

Dutch Fork was weak until about 10 years ago, and in the last 10 years they won several state championships. What do you think changed? I'll tell you. The same thing that happened previously at Harding, West Charlotte, and Independence.

LOL this is big boy high school football. you either get it, or you don’t. you either know how the “game” is played, or you don’t want to know.

Knotts didn’t make the “rules” … but he damn sure knows how to play the game.

but just to humor you … at this point in his career, he’s an established brand all to himself — the talent comes to him now. parents probably tripping over each other to get their sons in his program.

LOL this is big boy high school football. you either get it, or you don’t. you either know how the “game” is played, or you don’t want to know.

Knotts didn’t make the “rules” … but he damn sure knows how to play the game.

but just to humor you … at this point in his career, he’s an established brand all to himself — the talent comes to him now. parents probably tripping over each other to get their sons in his program.
I don't know what you said, but let's just say that's my fault.

It does seem that you are saying "he knows how to play the game" as if that's something new. Based on his long term record, it seem like he knew how to play the game 30 years ago, before anyone knew his name, and nobody was tripping over anybody to get into his program.

Reactions: LonnieFarmJimmy

It does seem that you are saying "he knows how to play the game" as if that's something new. Based on his long term record, it seem like he knew how to play the game 30 years ago, before anyone knew his name, and nobody was tripping over anybody to get into his program.
And now that parents are coming to Tommy Knots, sadly the Queen City population is attempting to defuse his success by debating everything that has gone wrong in his coaching career vs his highlights on the World Wide Web. Depressing at best.

at this point, it’s just clear — you’re not a tom knotts fan. that’s absolutely fine. to each their own.

but i’m still waiting (ever so patiently) on how exactly tom knotts is using open enrollment to his benefit? the entire state of south carolina has open enrollment.

“as if that’s something new” — that sounds like sour grapes (unless you’re implying he’s the only charlotte coach that knows what’s up) … like you’re mad at a certain individual for just being better than the rest of his peers.

“recruiting” in high school football was established long before knotts ever arrived in the 704 … and it’ll be going on long after he’s 6 ft in the ground

“if you ain’t cheating, you ain’t trying” — richard petty” 😎

Knotts competition in the Columbia area might not be the greatest but they play as tough out of conference schedule as possible. For instance they traveled to Byrnes this year, they were also scheduled to play Gaffney early this year but the game was canceled after the DF lineman died in practice the week of that game. DF traveled to South Pointe a year or so ago and soundly beat them. They scheduled Mallard Creek twice one cancelled one ended in a rain shortened tie. They also scheduled Chambers and IMG both canceled by covid. They shy away from nobody it seems but have had bad luck with weather and covid cancelations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT