ADVERTISEMENT

Dutch Fork vs Fort Dorchester S.C. 5A State Final

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
13-1 Dutch Fork vs 11-3 Fort Dorchester will play on Dec 3 at noon. Game location is at Benedict College in Columbia, S.C.
Tom Knotts and DF will go for another chance of a State title.
Jarvis Green a key player for Dutch Fork has over 2,000 yrds and career high of 4,367 yrds so far.
Also another game of interest. In 4A 14-0 South Florence will take on 13-1 RH Northwestern. Game time 7Pm. On Dec 3 at Benedict College.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
South Florence vs Northwestern. That one might be a good one. Don't know a lot about Northwestern. Massey favors Northwestern in a close one for whatever that's worth. The QB at South Florence is tough. South Pointe is the common opponent. But South Florence played them earlier in the year, after a couple physical games, and I know South Pointe used a couple different QBs. Not sure how much to take away from that game. I'd probably take South Florence. They've been rolling. Sellers looks to be a handful.

Clearwater Academy. The only team they lost to was Lakeland. Beat Venice.

Fort D isn't bad. They have a lot of seniors from what I understand. I don't see them beating DF though.
Yes, I did discovered who it was. It will be a simple and enjoyable Championship if that stands true. However, since anything can happen, I advise DF not to approach this game as if they have already won.

I currently live in Clearwater. Moved from Raleigh 4 years ago. Fort Dorchester played a 1A private school down here and got beat 31-0. Not seeing them beating Dutch fork
I love Tampa/Clearwater btw. I've spent too much time down there playing poker at the Hard Rock. Can definitely see why people move to FL when they retire. Unfortunately, I'll probably never get there 😂

Clearwater Academy. The only team they lost to was Lakeland. Beat Venice.

Fort D isn't bad. They have a lot of seniors from what I understand. I don't see them beating DF though.
I am from Haines City, fl. I moved to NC after graduating hs in Florida. Football in Florida is different than here. There are 8a teams in Florida. Mallard Creek would be a 7a team in Florida. Anyway, teams there have unreal speed! That Lakeland team is usually ranked in top 25 in the nation. The population difference from Florida to NC is 2 to 1 so naturally there are more athletes in Florida. The fact that Fort D lost to a Florida team is nothing unusual. I am sure it help Fort D. Dutch Fork is almost like a Florida team because of that coach!! I would be really surprised if Dutch Fork didn't win. I wish NC would add 5a to this state. We are starting to see 3a and 4a top heavy!

I am from Haines City, fl. I moved to NC after graduating hs in Florida. Football in Florida is different than here. There are 8a teams in Florida. Mallard Creek would be a 7a team in Florida. Anyway, teams there have unreal speed! That Lakeland team is usually ranked in top 25 in the nation. The population difference from Florida to NC is 2 to 1 so naturally there are more athletes in Florida. The fact that Fort D lost to a Florida team is nothing unusual. I am sure it help Fort D. Dutch Fork is almost like a Florida team because of that coach!! I would be really surprised if Dutch Fork didn't win. I wish NC would add 5a to this state. We are starting to see 3a and 4a top heavy!
Well according to the NCHSAA meetings this past week they're are considering going up to 1A - 7A divisions. Hope it will happen. I think 6A would be enough for NC.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I currently live in Clearwater. Moved from Raleigh 4 years ago. Fort Dorchester played a 1A private school down here and got beat 31-0. Not seeing them beating Dutch fork
Fort Dorchester would have been eliminated in the first or second round if they had been in the upper state playoffs of SC.

SC should go back to the cross-bracketing that they used to do and scrap the upper/lower state format.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Congratulations to DF for winning 6 of the last 7 State Championship games in past 7 years. From an article I read Tom Knotts has won total of 14 State titles. 7 at Dutch Fork and 7 in N.C. Also Jarvis Green had a total of 290 yrds with 4 TDs. 241 rushing yrds with 3 TDs. and 1 caught for a TD. Jarvis Green is the 2nd leading rusher in school history.
Also add the JVs went undefeated only giving up 1 TD all season and averaging over 40 points a game. Don’t know how long Tom Knotts will be coaching but they look strong for some time to come.

• Wow
Reactions: dw4444 and beamer24
Congratulations to DF for winning 6 of the last 7 State Championship games in past 7 years. From an article I read Tom Knotts has won total of 14 State titles. 7 at Dutch Fork and 7 in N.C. Also Jarvis Green had a total of 290 yrds with 4 TDs. 241 rushing yrds with 3 TDs. and 1 caught for a TD. Jarvis Green is the 2nd leading rusher in school history.
Also add the JVs went undefeated only giving up 1 TD all season and averaging over 40 points a game. Don’t know how long Tom Knotts will be coaching but they look strong for some time to come.
We're his championships in NC 6 at Independence and 1 at West Charlotte?

South Florence vs Northwestern. That one might be a good one. Don't know a lot about Northwestern. Massey favors Northwestern in a close one for whatever that's worth. The QB at South Florence is tough. South Pointe is the common opponent. But South Florence played them earlier in the year, after a couple physical games, and I know South Pointe used a couple different QBs. Not sure how much to take away from that game. I'd probably take South Florence. They've been rolling. Sellers looks to be a handful.
Half truth.

That game ended up South Florence winning 57-30 over Northwestern. I have to wonder if South Florence would have been a better matchup for Dutch Fork than Fort Dorchester.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT