ADVERTISEMENT

Looking at some good games coming soon

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
No predictions here on my part but just bringing up what I feel may be some good quality games that’s coming soon. I know there are a lot more that can be added. So go ahead put in others teams that you feel will really be good or interesting games. With all the good games coming up makes me excited for the season to start. If I got any wrong let me know and I will correct.
I will start with Mallard Creek. Tough schedule for sure but should catch a lot of attention from football fans. I will bring out few games with these teams.

8/18 Mallard Creek vs Myers Park ( I think Max Preps shows neutral location. Anyone knows the location of this game.
8/26 Mallard Creek at Buford ( GA)
9/2 Mallard Creek at South Pointe ( S.C.)
9/9 Mallard Creek at Gaffney (S.C.)

8/20 Chambers vs Cardinal Gibbons
8/26 Chambers vs Highland Springs ( VA)

8/18 Hough vs Dutch Fork ( S.C.)
8/26 Hough vs Mooresville

8/19 Butler vs West Charlotte
8/26 Butler at Richmond … This will be a big one for sure

8/19 Weddington at Charlotte Christian

8/19 Charlotte Catholic vs South Meck
8/26 Charlotte Catholic at Hickory Ridge
9/2 Charlotte Catholic vs Providence Day

8/19 Mooresville vs Davie
8/26 Mooresville at Hough
9:2 Mooresville vs West Rowan

Anyone that has any thoughts or want to add good games coming up soon go ahead and add.

Reactions: Chopper747
-I think we will know about Hough early .. Dutch Fork gonna be ready after losing state finals.
-MYers park - mallard creek is at memorial stadium I believe in the double header on august 18,, personally I think mallard creek starts the season 1-3 with that schedule .
-North meck beat mallard creek last year so that might be good game this year
- west cabarrus playing Catawba ridge is kinda interesting.
- Weddington v providence day will be good as well ,, I think providence day might have best offense in Charlotte
- Dudley playing Durham Hillside in week 3 . Their only loss last season was against hillside .
- I’m interested to see West Charlotte v Butler as well

Week 1 u get thursday night games, friday night games and Saturday night games

Thurs - Kickoff special at Memorial stadium
Friday - NCHSAA games (Mooresville hosting Davie Co)
Sat - Chambers vs Gibbons at Fort Mill District 3 stadium.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Probably will be the norm all year, due to shortage of officials.
Prob so …. But will see what happens - In my area we have a shortage but they do JV wed night n then Varsity Friday so usually football game usually don’t have any issue with officals I believe but basketball sometimes esp for Fr/JV games

-I think we will know about Hough early .. Dutch Fork gonna be ready after losing state finals.
-MYers park - mallard creek is at memorial stadium I believe in the double header on august 18,, personally I think mallard creek starts the season 1-3 with that schedule .
-North meck beat mallard creek last year so that might be good game this year
- west cabarrus playing Catawba ridge is kinda interesting.
- Weddington v providence day will be good as well ,, I think providence day might have best offense in Charlotte
- Dudley playing Durham Hillside in week 3 . Their only loss last season was against hillside .
- I’m interested to see West Charlotte v Butler as well
This Creek Team won’t take 3 L’s the entire season. If they do, someone will let me know with a quickness.

This Creek Team won’t take 3 L’s the entire season. If they do, someone will let me know with a quickness.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Mallard Creek has some losses but I expect them to make the West Finals at least if they remain relatively healthy.

Weddington vs. Providence Day
Catholic vs. Providence Day

These are back to back games for PD. Many in the Charlotte area feel Providence Day is the most talented and maybe best team in the entire Charlotte area this year. They are first in the Charlotte Observers pre-season sweet 16 ahead of teams like Chambers and Mallard Creek. These two games will show us how strong PD really are.

Weddington vs. Providence Day
Catholic vs. Providence Day

These are back to back games for PD. Many in the Charlotte area feel Providence Day is the most talented and maybe best team in the entire Charlotte area this year. They are first in the Charlotte Observers pre-season sweet 16 ahead of teams like Chambers and Mallard Creek. These two games will show us how strong PD really are.
Providence Day must think they are good. Historically, they have never gone big game hunting with their schedule unless they have talent and think they can win. Most years they have padded their OOC schedule with the Winfrow Technical Academies and Little Sisters of the Poor. The PD coaching staff has been given a bottomless resource bucket and has made use of it. They have also communicated big ambitions. Weddington and Catholic are two teams that historically know how to beat talent with a system. The best talent doesn't always translate to the best team. Just ask Myers Park who also has taken advantage of a bottomless resource bucket the past few years. PD will find out how good they really are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT