Weddington 31 Chambers 28

Charlotte Catholic 35 T.C. Roberson 17

Hough 40 Porter Ridge 18

Grimsley 48 Sun Valley 16

Mount Tabor 38 Mooresville 24

Butler 42 West Forsyth 14

East Forsyth 42 Independence 35

Mallard Creek 45 Watauga 17
If tabor wins, it’ll be a lower scoring game. Heck… I think it’ll be lower scoring either way tbh

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I always thought Honda had some type of computer rankings, back in the day
there used to be some numbers beside your picks seemingly computer generated.. owell
I think you're thinking of the ratings I used to do. They weren't computer generated. They were done manually. I didn't have the time to do those anymore. In addition I pay more attention to high school ball at the national level more than at the state level anymore. Plus in my humble opinion, with the easier moving of players from one school to another for "better opportunities" and open enrollment in some parts of the state, there's not as much drama as it used to be. These days, you know pretty much who the true, strong contenders are every season. Because of that free movement of players, the strong programs remain strong, the weak programs remain weak and the programs in the middle of the pack, remain in the middle of the pack.

Last edited:
Reactions: Veejay4
East Forsyth in 18 and 19 were in the 4A west and Grimsley was in the 4A West in 2020. In 2020, Durham Hillside actually played in the 4A West and lost to Grimsley in Round 2.

Reactions: Veejay4
The west has been dominant in 4a for a while now. However, it is a stretch to consider the East irrelevant. That is my point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT