ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville Attempts Their First Unified State Championship

Let's cut the crap. You want to debate something. I know a lot. I read these post over and over. There is much to be learned from reading post over and over. I am no fool. I think 2nd thinks he is smart. He may be but so am I. 2nd posted one sentence. On the surface it appears quite innocuous. But it rang a bell with me. I kept thinking of that sentence. What did it mean. I have rolled it in my mind for four days. Now I know.
We were going to post this morning that we would pause until post game on any more discussion here and allow you guys to enjoy your build up for tomorrow’s game.
We don’t want to be accused of being the Grinch that stole your Christmas on the eve of your first unified classification Championship Title Game appearance.

And we will pause.

But we must respond first to the above quote.

No heads will explode here.
We are currently tied with 9 Titles each this century.
We both have 2 additional Title Game appearances this century, also.
But Shelby leads with 12 Titles since the WNCHSAA-NCHSAA merger in 1977 that put all public high schools under one governing body.
That is the most significant and meaningful date.
We also have 2 more Title Game appearances in that period.

Shelby leads in unified Titles 4-0.
And Shelby leads head to head play 4-1.
Reidsville leads in all-time titles 22-19, but we will catch you and you know it.
That is why “you” feel so threatened.
Shelby leads in all-time Title Game appearances and also leads by far in the most consistent, sustained, winning success.
All-time in wins, period.

Enough on that.

We would wish you luck on getting the win tomorrow, but we don’t.
We hope you lose.

Crest is our biggest local and regular season rival. Best regular season rivalry in the State with numerous State Championships on both sides over decades.
Very difficult to ever pull for them.

Reidsville is our biggest rival on a statewide level.
Best post season rivalry in the State, with THE MOST STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS EVER ON BOTH SIDES.
We will never pull for you.

We will pray for an injury free game for everyone, as we want all these kids to come out serious injury free.
So, we are done, at least until post game.

Be safe traveling.
Not to mention 6-1 record on running clocks this season. 6-1 are you kidding me.

So Reidsville is up 3 on Shelby. If Shelby wins one this year we would be up 2. I don't think Shelby can win one this year because of the SRCC (Shelby Running Clock Conudrum). The conumdrum is "How could that happen?
So you are going to catch us. Not right away.
Happy Holidays from The Football Capital of North Carolina.

In bold so you will know I love the first amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America!!!

Don't like it, come up with your own slogan. Maybe we will rent you ours. It's about time we got some rent for something.

Who needs any more proof that Reidsville would not have the most titles if they had played ALL similar size public schools since 1930?
They have been able to duck some of the best programs during that period.

capitol(sic) of nothing

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
Who needs any more proof that Reidsville would not have the most titles if they had played ALL similar size public schools since 1930?
They have been able to duck some of the best programs during that period.

capitol(sic) of nothing
Get out of the 2nd round more than once in 3 years then come talk. What a chump and loser

Hilarious how you Reidsville guys now brag about how many threads just got started “hating” on you.
It’s not a compliment.
It’s because of stuff like this. Proclaiming yourselves as the “capitol (sic)” of NC football.
Posting like this clown on this thread as if you had already won it.
Bunch of you guys running your mouth.
Mule saw it coming. He knows you gotta play hungry and humble, like you always have something to prove.
Reidsville better be careful next year. Easy to screw it up when “everyone expects you back”.
That is what happened to Shelby this year.
We admit and learn from our mistakes.
With all due respect to an excellent Burns team this year, we also know it is another example of Shelby stopping themselves.
A healthy (flu) and full strength (2 impact players kicked off) SPIRITED Shelby team probably does not lose twice in the same season to Burns, or anyone else. Never happened before in recent memory.

Reidsville did not stop themselves today.
No, they got beat by a better team, hungry and humble.
Congrats to ED.

Hilarious how you Reidsville guys now brag about how many threads just got started “hating” on you.
It’s not a compliment.
It’s because of stuff like this. Proclaiming yourselves as the “capitol (sic)” of NC football.
Mule saw it coming. He knows you gotta play hungry and humble, like you always have something to prove.
Reidsville better be careful next year. Easy to screw it up when “everyone expects you back”.
With all due respect to an excellent Burns team this year, we also know it is another example of Shelby stopping themselves.
A healthy (flu) and full strength (2 impact players kicked off) SPIRITED Shelby team probably does not lose twice in the same season to Burns, or anyone else. Never happened before in recent memory.

Congrats to ED.
We got beat. We don't make excuses like the Shell of a team did a few weeks ago. So many excuses you had to start a whole thread. How long since you played a game. Is that clock still running?

It’s not a compliment.

Congrats to ED.
Y'all got beat by a better team too. TWICE

We got beat. We don't make excuses like the Shell of a team did a few weeks ago. So many excuses you had to start a whole thread. How long since you played a game. Is that clock still running?
Shittin’ me! To hear y’all tell it, whenever you actually lose, you really didn’t lose. It’s always exaggerated injuries, refs, or you beat yourselves. And, screw a running clock! No one remembers second place, either.

Reactions: dogs79
Well it took you long enough to show back up. Did you have a nice long cry?

Dictionary definition;
hoey
silly or worthless talk, writing, ideas, etc.; nonsense; bunk: That's a lot of hoey and you know it!

Y'all got beat by a better team too. TWICE
Admitted.
Burns was better than us both games.
But that was not the same Shelby team running on all cylinders that crushed East Gaston just the week before.
We still may have lost. Congrats to Burns.
And we were pulling for them to win it all.

2nd round or state championship....what difference does it make if you don't bring home the big one? We both accomplished the same this year....not winning it all (slow
@HoeyMan76 your attention was so much on Shelby throughout the week, you didn’t give East Duplin any respect whatsoever, and they kicked your asses, despite trying their best to give you guys the game.
All due respect I think we literally gave them a TD because we didn’t know the rules on the FG lol

All due respect I think we literally gave them a TD because we didn’t know the rules on the FG lol
It was a great heads up play by the ED player. Looking at the replay, and for a split second, I was thinking, “WTH”. But, as Beamer stated in another thread, that was indeed a live ball, only dead on extra point attempts. That was a huge play! I’m rubbing that L in on you guys, but the Rams return a lot next season, some serious talent and firepower. You’ll definitely be in the mix, no worries.

Last edited:
It was a great heads up play by the ED player. Looking at the replay, and for a split second, I was thinking, “WTH”. But, as Beamer stated in another thread, that was indeed a live ball, only dead on extra point attempts. That was a huge play! I’m rubbing that L in on you guys, but the Rams return a lot, next session, some serious talent and firepower. You’ll definitely be in the mix, no worries.
Yea it was a heads up play no doubt. We all in crowd knew it was live ball. Just unfortunate no rams player knew it. Neal could have scored himself. I don’t say much about coaching because I know the work they put in and how great they are. But at some point this season I would hope they went over that scenario. Even though it seems obvious everyone knows the rules. But brain farts happen to the best of them. Rams played hard. Kept fighting when everything was going against them. But you know way it goes. Sometimes ya fight too hard and even worse things happen

I was first to say that mental mistakes would cost us this game in mid 3 rd quarter. Sucks because win or lose this is last game of year. Am excited to watch some Rams bball now though. But then 12 hour shifts will limit that as well
It's called mental lapse

Reactions: Chopper747
NCHSAA CHAMPIONS 2022
So it turns out 2 teams with dominant running games take home titles defeating teams with more balanced offenses.
Then 2 teams with balanced offenses take home titles defeating teams with dominant running games.
2 from the East. Running
2 from the West. Balanced.
Here’s a thought.
In 2021, Shelby from the West, with a balanced offense, defeated Wallace Rose Hill with a dominant running game.
We have come to understand the rivalry between WRH and East Duplin, and the similar offenses they run.
We also understand Reidsville executes a balanced attack.
So what happened today vs last year?
Shelby just outscored WRH.
WRH got their yards and points. Against a stout Shelby defense with D1 talent.
But Shelby’s quick strike offense was never stopped either.
ED kept the ball and limited Reidsville possessions. Then Reidsville failed to score each time they did have the ball.
That’s how they won. Same with New Bern-Grimsley.
Opposite with Mt Airy over Tarboro and East Lincoln over Northern Nash. They scored early and often.
So what should determine what offense you run?
Easy enough to just say it depends on your personnel, but you can’t change up every other year or so.
We submit that a properly executing balanced offense will defeat a dominating running offense most of the time. That is also, we feel, why the majority of college and pro teams run balanced offenses.
Like today in 2A. Two good teams battling it out. Running teams have a lot more plays where everything has to be perfect execution. No penalties to overcome, no fumbles, no negative yard plays, have to score consistently on long drives that eat up clock, etc.
Reidsville makes one good defensive play and completes several key passes and ends up with 7-7 half.
Second half, ED got 5 key breaks, some earned, kept the ball and won the game.
But Reidsville was still in it until the end with quick strikes.
Last year, Shelby limited mistakes and scored over 50 points. But WRH still got over 30.
Defense wins championships was the motto.
Still applies lots of times.
But offenses win them, also. Even over a dominant defense.

Well it took you long enough to show back up. Did you have a nice long cry?

Dictionary definition;
hoey
silly or worthless talk, writing, ideas, 2nd to none,, etc.; nonsense; bunk: That's a lot of hoey and you know it!
You don't know what Hoey means to me. It is not an adjective. It is a noun. I know what it means, you don't. I don't cry, not about sports, only one time in my life have I cried about a sport. It was in a State Tournament, and I lost. I know what every player feels when they lose. I also know what it means to win. I win more in life maybe because of what happened that caused me to cry. I don't back down. One thing I know is we are just fans. That is all. Just little peon fans. spouting opinions. Kids read these posts. They are the ones that take all of this to heart. Maybe when we fill out these replies, we should be more concerned about all, and I mean ALL of these fine young men that give their hearts to their schools programs. When we say they are losers, or they failed we should remember who we are talking about. We, you me and all the others, blab about records, talk about weaknesses, mental errors or lapses. You are talking about a young man or woman. We should be more concerned about what may happen to them in their futures than what happened in a game in which we get so charged. You are just fun to toy with. That's all. Hate to tell you I will continue to do so.

This Reply From Reidsville- The Football Capital of North Carolina (so called deservedly or not, probably because of the the state record 22 State Championship titles won by the school, Thanks to 2nd to None for this: THE MOST STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS EVER ON BOTH SIDES. I May wish to amend or, add to, or clarify, but certainly not subtract from, this record after some additional research which I am undertaking. Wonder What that would be? Stay tuned. Hint: I have talked about reading these post over and over again. I love it when 2nd and Dynasty go long on these threads. It makes me think. Think Unified, a title that doesn't exist in NCHSAA records. You know if I found a record that benefited Shelby I would keep it to myself.
Well get ready 2nd and thank you so very much for all the BRAGGADOCIO. I may keep this under my hat until next season. Might show a leopards (or close relative his spots) The 56 will never figure it out.

You don't know what Hoey means to me. It is not an adjective. It is a noun. I know what it means, you don't. I don't cry, not about sports, only one time in my life have I cried about a sport. It was in a State Tournament, and I lost. I know what every player feels when they lose. I also know what it means to win. I win more in life maybe because of what happened that caused me to cry. I don't back down. One thing I know is we are just fans. That is all. Just little peon fans. spouting opinions. Kids read these posts. They are the ones that take all of this to heart. Maybe when we fill out these replies, we should be more concerned about all, and I mean ALL of these fine young men that give their hearts to their schools programs. When we say they are losers, or they failed we should remember who we are talking about. We, you me and all the others, blab about records, talk about weaknesses, mental errors or lapses. You are talking about a young man or woman. We should be more concerned about what may happen to them in their futures than what happened in a game in which we get so charged. You are just fun to toy with. That's all. Hate to tell you I will continue to do so.

This Reply From Reidsville- The Football Capital of North Carolina (so called deservedly or not, probably because of the the state record 22 State Championship titles won by the school, Thanks to 2nd to None for this: THE MOST STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS EVER ON BOTH SIDES. I May wish to amend or, add to, or clarify, but certainly not subtract from, this record after some additional research which I am undertaking. Wonder What that would be? Stay tuned. Hint: I have talked about reading these post over and over again. I love it when 2nd and Dynasty go long on these threads. It makes me think. Think Unified, a title that doesn't exist in NCHSAA records. You know if I found a record that benefited Shelby I would keep it to myself.
Well get ready 2nd and thank you so very much for all the BRAGGADOCIO. I may keep this under my hat until next season. Might show a leopards (or close relative his spots) The 56 will never figure it out.
I have decided to release this immediatly after 2nd to none presents it first, multi paragraph, long winded release, about the great Shelby Through Years Football Update. This after the first game of the season. That release, by 2nd will happen as sure the sun shines.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK

North Carolina had a Governor named Clyde Hoey (1877-1954).

Shittin’ me! To hear y’all tell it, whenever you actually lose, you really didn’t lose. It’s always exaggerated injuries, refs, or you beat yourselves. And, screw a running clock! No one remembers second place, either.
Here you some excuses just a few lines up.
From 2nd to the Most Arrogant:

You ain't heard me make and excuse for any loss, mine or anyone else's. WE GOT BEAT. Big deal life goes on.
Was that quote from 2nd an excuse yes no? Probably don't mean squat it is an, out, in the event of unlikely outcome. Answer the question, yes or no, and I will sleep better tonight knowing about Mr. Lion Attack. That quote is on this page. I didn't make up, it was his words. I will wait for your reply

with all due respect i think we literally gave you a TD by fumbling on the 3 yard line. if our man had went down and protected the ball its likely we're up 14-0 at that point. still, either team could have won it. it was a hard fought game by two very good teams. in a game like that the difference between victory and defeat is very slim.

Reactions: dallashornet
He was. And he was born in Shelby.
North Carolina had a Governor named Clyde Hoey (1877-1954).
Yes, he was.
And we are sure your research showed something else…which you are reluctant to share.

From attached link;

Shelby was home to several political leaders in the first half of the 20th century--a group of powerful men that became known as the "Shelby Dynasty." These men wielded power through the local, State and Federal governments. The most notable men of Shelby's political leadership were brothers James and Edwin Yates Webb, O. Max Gardner and Clyde R. Hoey.

Yes, Gardner and Hoey were governors.
But we don’t think they posted on NCPreps.
And now you know who Gardner Webb is named after, also.

“Shelby Dynasty”

How about that?
We can’t make this stuff up. Haha

Last edited:
Reidsville High School goes for its first ever unified state title next Saturday. Despite their naming of themselves as the “Capitol (sic)” of North Carolina high school football, Reidsville has never won a Championship title where they participated in a playoff that included ALL similar size (classification) NC public high school programs. All their Championships came during the period of the rival WNCHSAA existence (1929-1976) or during the subdivision of classes (2002-2020). Reidsville did not appear in a Championship game from 1971 through 2001, 31 consecutive years.
In the period of one winner per classification and after the 1977 merger of the NCHSAA with the WNCHSAA, Robbinsville led the state with 7 Championship titles and Richmond Senior won 6.

The overall leader in NC Championship Titles since the merger in 1977 is Shelby with 12.
Wnchsaa had no teams that would've been 1a so 1a was the same in 72 as 78. Those titles should count going by your reasoning.

Yes, he was.
And we are sure your research showed something else…which you are reluctant to share.

From attached link;

Shelby was home to several political leaders in the first half of the 20th century--a group of powerful men that became known as the "Shelby Dynasty." These men wielded power through the local, State and Federal governments. The most notable men of Shelby's political leadership were brothers James and Edwin Yates Webb, O. Max Gardner and Clyde R. Hoey.

“Shelby Dynasty”

How about that?

Once again, [B]Get Your Foot Out ...ing another couple of subjects to talk about.

And a UNC alum.
State fans have complained for years about UNC's far reaching influence in politics, journalism, college athletics, etc. Who would've guessed it's actually been the SHELBY DYNASTY behind this secret, all-powerful cohort the entire time!

Yes, he was.

From attached link;

“Shelby Dynasty”

How about that?

Gosh that's awesome. Two Governors. How about that. Cleveland County comes up short again. Rockingham County has the most Governors of any county in the state. We have had five. " Rockingham County Dynasty". You're right, I did not make that up. What was that about anyway. Keep digging that hole. As for my little research, this for those who did not see my reply to,
your post, don't want to be misquoted:

This Reply From Reidsville- The Football Capital of North Carolina (so called deservedly or not, probably because of the state record 22 State Championship titles won by the school, Thanks to 2nd to None for this:” THE MOST STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS EVER ON BOTH SIDES”. I May wish to amend or, add to, or clarify, but certainly not subtract from, this record after some additional research which I am undertaking. Wonder What that would be? Stay tuned. Hint: I love it when 2nd and Dynasty go long on these threads. Think Unified, a title that doesn't exist in NCHSAA records. You know if I found a record that benefited Shelby I would keep it to myself.
Well get ready 2nd and thank you so very much for all the BRAGGADOCIO. I may keep this under my hat until next season. Might show a leopard (or close relative his spots). The 56 will never figure it out.

You, The 56, will not figure it out. But I guarantee you I will post it, gladly. And I mean Gladly. You are about records aren't you. You were the impetus for the discovery. I will be holding it until next season. I will post it every time you folks post anything about UNIFIED titles or about a DYNASTY. You had better find a couple of other subjects to boast about.

I have decided to release this immediately after 2nd to none presents its preseason, multi paragraph, long winded release, about the great Shelby Through the Years Football Update. That release, by 2nd will happen as sure as the sun shines. I will present my findings after the first game of the season

That's All Folks, no more on that.

Wnchsaa had no teams that would've been 1a so 1a was the same in 72 as 78. Those titles should count going by your reasoning.
Albemarle and Thomasville come to mind.
Huge 1A presence over time.
Hickory was a big school. Mooresville, too.
Probably 4A.
Baby boomers ballooned in 60s and 70s.
ADM was vastly different than today.
No way to know what program would have been placed where if Associations merged earlier.
Conference set ups, travel, local rivalries… all would have affected classifications from 1929 until 1976.

• Wow
Reactions: BK13T-$
Albemarle and Thomasville come to mind.
Huge 1A presence over time.
Hickory was a big school. Mooresville, too.
Probably 4A.
Baby boomers ballooned in 60s and 70s.
ADM was vastly different than today.
No way to know what program would have been placed where if Associations merged earlier.
Conference set ups, travel, local rivalries… all would have affected classifications from 1929 until 1976.
Thomasville was historically about 750 students. The year after Shelby beat us for the WNCHSAA title, we changed from the junior high to middle school concept and added ninth grade. Over 1,000 at that point. 1A size came much later and we’ve bounced back and forth between 1A and 2A since then.

Tville and Lexington were the big schools in the 60s and 70s. Lexington was even 4A with RJ Reynolds at one point. They won the WNCHSAA the year after dropping down. Then the 80s came and the county schools became bigger than the city schools for some reason... hint hint nudge nudge wink wink...

Reactions: ocdavis31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT