ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville Attempts Their First Unified State Championship

Wish you would shut the hell up about that running clock shit. Shelby over Reidsville, 49-3 , in 2013 should have been a “running clock”. Really didn’t score but 7 last season. Shyheim scored that last td in garbage time, Shelby already celebrating. Humble yourselves!
Lol y’all crack me up. I got to get to bed

Wish you would shut the hell up about that running clock shit. Shelby over Reidsville, 49-3 , in 2013 should have been a “running clock”. Really didn’t score but 7 last season. Shyheim scored that last td in garbage time, Shelby already celebrating. Humble yourselves!
You know I am not talking to you. I don't want you to think I am talking to anyone but one person. I am glad you put that 49-3 up there. It helps my argument. I am talking to one of your Cleveland County Associates. I guess he's in the club. No matter what, look after him. He represents Shelby's program. Resident Historian. That SRCC
happened this year. That 49-3 happened 9 years ago. We want to talk about this year and so does Burns. If the shoe was on the other foot..... well it was until 10/28 and then 11/10. And the big mac daddy 12/02. Might have one to go.

There it is !! How polite ! Well let's see... Burns really didn't score but 7 last Friday on Reidsville after I think about it, and they put 42-0 on Big Shelby ! That last TD by Burns was in " garbage time "as you say. Wow ! Too bad y'all didn't get them Rams by the horns again this year bro! Consider yourselves lucky....again....I know you can't fathom the thought of Reidsville putting up a score on y'all like Burns did but everyone knows.. so that 49-3 chest beating nugget is still safe with Big Shelby! Every team has bad years at some point, but I don't recall Reidsville ever starting some stupid thread like this one afterward.... At least we got beat by the eventual champs that year. I've already acknowledged that 49-3 score on here this year actually. That's then, this is now . Y'all had 80+ posts on the Reidsville/ Burns thread..some real good ones too I might add ! Y'all lick those wounds LA. I'm sure Big Shelby will be back to the big show, but I don't see y'all catchin' up anytime soon, so take a step back, talk that smack, cause the cream always rises to the top, y'all surely know that... 2022 might just make #23 for the Rams ! We'll see, I like our chances, but we ain't playin y'all that's for sure ! In a short while , I'll be gone from here, win or lose and won't be back most likely til sometime around next November. Y'all need to get yourselves a plaque with that 49-3 score on it to add to the trophy case ( if you haven't already ) or maybe some t-shirts that say Big Shelby 49 Reidsville 3 or Big Shelby 4 wins Reidsville 1.... Maybe we'll have some made that say.. Burns 42 Shelby 0 Reidsville 32 Burns 14 with Shut The ---- Up on the back. If we win Saturday, maybe we can print some that say 2022 State Unified Champions ! If we were to print some, which we obviously won't, you could give me your mailing address and I'd be happy to send you and Shelby Lion one. Declawed and defanged in the 2nd round by Burns... We dominated them ! Just kittens this year man ! " Humble yourselves" Go Rams !!

You're right bro. But I think we would have laid a blowout in the covid year and this season as well.

Reactions: ramit02
You're right bro. But I think we would have laid a blowout in the covid year and this season as well.
I don’t think so, but that’s your opinion, and you’re entitled to it. Those weren’t bad Shelby teams, in my opinion, just two teams with disciplinary problems. Kick Flippen and let’s say JD off the team, and see how much that deflates your team’s psyche. Shelby matches up with the Rams well, no matter what. That’s been proven.

You likely would have won, but blowouts? I would have had to be shown that. I watched the ‘21 finals. Great team, but not to the point you all it make it to be. Heritage was running that ball effectively on y’all, got away from their game plan trying to pass, and ultimately got “out athleted”

This argument is lame, though. We can both play the “could have game”. You could have played Shelby in 2015, but Lincolnton spared you from getting blown out. 1998, Tarboro saved you. Conveniently, posters from both sides are guilty of changing the narrative to fit their agendas.

Last edited:
Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
There it is !! How polite ! Well let's see... Burns really didn't score but 7 last Friday on Reidsville after I think about it, and they put 42-0 on Big Shelby ! That last TD by Burns was in " garbage time "as you say. Wow ! Too bad y'all didn't get them Rams by the horns again this year bro! Consider yourselves lucky....again....I know you can't fathom the thought of Reidsville putting up a score on y'all like Burns did but everyone knows.. so that 49-3 chest beating nugget is still safe with Big Shelby! Every team has bad years at some point, but I don't recall Reidsville ever starting some stupid thread like this one afterward.... At least we got beat by the eventual champs that year. I've already acknowledged that 49-3 score on here this year actually. That's then, this is now . Y'all had 80+ posts on the Reidsville/ Burns thread..some real good ones too I might add ! Y'all lick those wounds LA. I'm sure Big Shelby will be back to the big show, but I don't see y'all catchin' up anytime soon, so take a step back, talk that smack, cause the cream always rises to the top, y'all surely know that... 2022 might just make #23 for the Rams ! We'll see, I like our chances, but we ain't playin y'all that's for sure ! In a short while , I'll be gone from here, win or lose and won't be back most likely til sometime around next November. Y'all need to get yourselves a plaque with that 49-3 score on it to add to the trophy case ( if you haven't already ) or maybe some t-shirts that say Big Shelby 49 Reidsville 3 or Big Shelby 4 wins Reidsville 1.... Maybe we'll have some made that say.. Burns 42 Shelby 0 Reidsville 32 Burns 14 with Shut The ---- Up on the back. If we win Saturday, maybe we can print some that say 2022 State Unified Champions ! If we were to print some, which we obviously won't, you could give me your mailing address and I'd be happy to send you and Shelby Lion one. Declawed and defanged in the 2nd round by Burns... We dominated them ! Just kittens this year man ! " Humble yourselves" Go Rams !!
Never gave a damn about Reidsville having more titles, Shelby has its share. Y’all used the actions of one poster to overkill with the shots at our program. Hoey even mentioned telling the East about Shelby. Tell them what? Most of the major players have played Shelby, and recognizes Shelby as the blue blood program that it is. There’s nothing that he can so call tell the East that can take away from Shelby’s success.

Playing for a state championship this week, yet, you guys are steady bumping this thread more. I have y’all winning big, but if for some strange reasoning you don’t, don’t show back up on here.

Should be playing it smoothly like Stan apparently is. Waiting for no. 23 to be officially won, before chest beating.

Last edited:
We did not start this thread. We can not deny history, 9 years ago or one month ago. We can't say "if you won't mention that 49-3 score we won't mention that 2022 Running Clock. Both happened.

Never gave a damn about Reidsville having more titles, Shelby has its share. Y’all used the actions of one poster to overkill with the shots at our program. Hoey even mentioned telling the East about Shelby. Tell them what? Most of them have played Shelby, and recognizes Shelby as the blue blood program that it is. There’s nothing that he can so call tell the East that that can take away from Shelby’s success.

Playing for a state championship this week, yet, you guys are steady bumping this thread more. I have y’all winning big, but if for some strange reasoning you don’t, don’t show back up on here.

Should be playing it smoothly like Stan apparently is. Waiting for no. 23 to be officially won, before chest beating.
Guess you didn't read my post that close LA. I said win or lose I would be gone shortly after the game Saturday, meaning probably the next week , count on it... I don't make predictions, because " you" of all people know how that goes. I did say I like our chances. I like them a lot actually bro. It's all good though... Keep telling yourselves those ships don't matter.. Most of CC guys were drooling on themselves, thinking Burns was gonna handle us .. Lol !! " . You seem like a good guy sometimes, Shelby Lion is my favorite tho, but y'all get ruffled when someone takes a dig at Shelby, but it's fine when the shoes's on the other foot. Answer this question please and then I'm done with this thread... What do you really think about this thread being started by one of your own ? A simple answer will suffice. Classy or classless ?
Hope we can meet sometime LA, I'll shake your hand. I know Shelby won a ship or two when you're son played. My son was on Reidsville's 2002 championship team. Great teams from both schools ! Everyone loves and defends their own . It's natural. I'll finish by saying, good luck next year........ ........you know I don't really mean it.....Go Rams ! I'm done here

Whoa
Let’s get this right I don’t get feathers ruffled for people talking smack about Shelby I actually get a kick out of it … I’ll call it like I see it and if wrong I’ll say I’m wrong and giggle because I know whomever im talking smack too can’t wait to throw it back in my face lol.. that’s the beauty and fun of these message boards in my opinion and for me .

To the question about the starter of this thread classless or classy if anyone has been here any amount of time they know what I think about some of their topics ! We don’t agree on a posting style but I’ve always said those three support the football team as good as anyone , I just don’t agree with them here on the boards

Reactions: Lion Attack
BUT (yeah a thought hit me after I posted )

When ram02’mentions Shelby fans get their feathers ruffled for getting talked at I’ll just say this

Ain’t that what is happening on this thread ? 2nd to none threw a little shade and y’all have went slap off ! I mean just completely losing it! If that ain’t feathers ruffled I don’t know what is! I imagine them three sitting back in their recliners like “ ladies and gentlemen , we got em”

I don’t even think of bringing up how bad it was last year when we beat the rams talked some smack and all the sudden this was the worst reidsville team in years ! We can’t block or tackle etc etc etc “ yet another example of ruffled feathers …and yet another example of not being able to say We were better than you … I get it we’re all like that on occasion

At the end of the day y’all got the bragging rights you beat the team that flat out gave us the running clock , good for you but focus on East Duplin and not us pulling your proverbial chains

Love
Shelby Lion

I don’t think so, but that’s your opinion, and you’re entitled to it. Those weren’t bad Shelby teams, in my opinion, just two teams with disciplinary problems. Kick Flippen and let’s say JD off the team, and see how much that deflates your team’s psyche. Shelby matches up with the Rams well, no matter what. That’s been proven.

You likely would have won, but blowouts? I would have had to be shown that. I watched the ‘21 finals. Great team, but not to the point you all it make it to be. Heritage was running that ball effectively on y’all, got away from their game plan trying to pass, and ultimately got “out athleted”

This argument is lame, though. We can both play the “could have game”. You could have played Shelby in 2015, but Lincolnton spared you from getting blown out. 1998, Tarboro saved you. Conveniently, posters from both sides are guilty of changing the narrative to fit their agendas.

I can go with that. We would have gotten massacred in 2015, but we had a bad string of season ending injuries. Either way the 2015 team wouldn't have beaten Lincolnton or Shelby that year.

I thought that Heritage game could've been worse than what it was. I'm glad you mentioned Jd, I feel like he's another guy that doesn't get mentioned as much as he should.

3d-render-of-a-cartoon-santa-eating-popcorn-at-3d-movie-PYMD9A.jpg

Guess you didn't read my post that close LA. I said win or lose I would be gone shortly after the game Saturday, meaning probably the next week , count on it... I don't make predictions, because " you" of all people know how that goes. I did say I like our chances. I like them a lot actually bro. It's all good though... Keep telling yourselves those ships don't matter.. Most of CC guys were drooling on themselves, thinking Burns was gonna handle us .. Lol !! " . You seem like a good guy sometimes, Shelby Lion is my favorite tho, but y'all get ruffled when someone takes a dig at Shelby, but it's fine when the shoes's on the other foot. Answer this question please and then I'm done with this thread... What do you really think about this thread being started by one of your own ? A simple answer will suffice. Classy or classless ?
Hope we can meet sometime LA, I'll shake your hand. I know Shelby won a ship or two when you're son played. My son was on Reidsville's 2002 championship team. Great teams from both schools ! Everyone loves and defends their own . It's natural. I'll finish by saying, good luck next year........ ........you know I don't really mean it.....Go Rams ! I'm done here
All I will say is, and I had plenty to say, I didn’t like the thread being started at all, hence me not saying anything till yesterday. I was reluctant to even click on this thread, because I foreseen what would follow. Plus, this was such a humbling year, I don’t know how anyone from Shelby can say anything.

Last edited:
I can go with that. We would have gotten massacred in 2015, but we had a bad string of season ending injuries. Either way the 2015 team wouldn't have beaten Lincolnton or Shelby that year.

I thought that Heritage game could've been worse than what it was. I'm glad you mentioned Jd, I feel like he's another guy that doesn't get mentioned as much as he should.
No.2 is a very good player, with good size at that position, should at least get some D2 offers at Safety. I like him a lot as a player.

That's why you are my favorite SL. Heck I might even have a t-shirt made up just for you. Lol ! You don't know me, but you have been pointed out to me at a game.. That facial hair makes you look kinda like a Ram, well maybe closer to a billy goat ! Seriously man, we all have posters that post some shabby stuff sometimes, even me...I get caught up sometimes and take the bait, but I will say this, both teams are very fortunate to have the success we both have been blessed to have. Came to y'all 's place last year and will tell you that your facility is top tier. Wait a minute 🤔..... was it you that said y'all were Reidsville's daddions ? Hope to meet in person someday SL

Didn't read your post LA til after I responded to SL. Might have to have a shirt made for you too ! Lol ! As you say two storied bloodline programs.... Gotta be some mud slinging sometimes. We're all guilty 🤣 appreciate what you just said.

Reactions: Lion Attack
Something I think Reidsville and Shelby can agree on .....Choke on that popcorn 🍿 Chopper 🤣

Never gave a damn about Reidsville having more titles, Shelby has its share. Y’all used the actions of one poster to overkill with the shots at our program. Hoey even mentioned telling the East about Shelby. Tell them what? Most of them have played Shelby, and recognizes Shelby as the blue blood program that it is. There’s nothing that he can so call tell the East that that can take away from Shelby’s success.

Several of us are waiting patiently. Nothing is guaranteed. I’ve found that out the hard way many times

Using MaxPreps final ratings for each year, this is what we have found so far in determining the "unified" champion in the entire 2A classification. Only years Shelby or Reidsville won titles.

YEAR 2A 2AA FINAL RATING UNIFIED

2021 Shelby S
2020 Reidsville Salisbury R=49.5 S=39.7 R
2019 Reidsville Shelby R=37.6 S=48.1 S
2018 Reidsville Shelby R=37.3 S=36.3 R
2016 Reidsville Shelby R=45.9 S=51.4 S
2015 Shelby Monroe S=47.4 M=48.3 M
2014 Shelby E Linc S=40.1 EL=47.4 EL
2013 Shelby JW Andrews S=36.4 A=43.0 A
2009 Tarboro Reidsville T=42.0 R=49.1 R
2008 Newton-Conover Reidsville NC=41.5 R=40.7 NC
2007 Lincolnton Reidsville L=NA R=40.0 R
2006 Cummings Shelby C=40.1 S=39.0 C
2005 Clinton Shelby C=NA S=33.4 S
2003 SWO Reidsville Ranking not available ?
2002 Cummings Reidsville Ranking not available R (def C)

Interesting that both programs have 9 Titles in the last 20 years, but only 4 or 5 that show a higher rating than the other subclass.
We will never know the winners of a matchup, but several ratings are razor thin in difference.
Shelby won 3 unified titles before 2000.
We have already examined Shelby's 1972 AP win, and the 1963 Reidsville title considering inter-Association play.
There are several more Titles for both programs back through the ages that can be studied.

Never gave a damn about Reidsville having more titles, Shelby has its share. Y’all used the actions of one poster to overkill with the shots at our program. Hoey even mentioned telling the East about Shelby. Tell them what? Most of the major players have played Shelby, and recognizes Shelby as the blue blood program that it is. There’s nothing that he can so call tell the East that can take away from Shelby’s success.

I never said I was going to put anything about Shelby on the other thread. Shelby is not mentioned in the paragraph which is already prepared. I don't know whether to post it or not. It is somewhat humorous. I respect many of Reidsville's longstanding rivals. You included. I, however, do not wish you or Shelby to be long standing. We wish to deliver the knockout punch every year.

Now about your compadre, if he will answer the question I have presented to him, I will present a response and I believe this issue can be put to bed.

Sometime Lion Attack (not to give him too much credit) will say something that means even more than he intended. Here is an example.

"There’s nothing that he can so call tell the East that can take away from Shelby’s success. "

Reidsville and Shelby supporters should look at that and know it is true. The success of both programs can't be lessened by what any of us say about the other. The record is the record, nothing more and nothing less. 2ndtoeveryone is trying to do both. Make more of Shelby and less of Reidsville. Tick, tick, tick. Had to do that.

Using MaxPreps final ratings for each year, this is what we have found so far in determining the "unified" champion in the entire 2A classification. Only years Shelby or Reidsville won titles.

YEAR 2A 2AA FINAL RATING UNIFIED

2021 Shelby S
2020 Reidsville Salisbury R=49.5 S=39.7 R
2019 Reidsville Shelby R=37.6 S=48.1 S
2018 Reidsville Shelby R=37.3 S=36.3 R
2016 Reidsville Shelby R=45.9 S=51.4 S
2015 Shelby Monroe S=47.4 M=48.3 M
2014 Shelby E Linc S=40.1 EL=47.4 EL
2013 Shelby JW Andrews S=36.4 A=43.0 A
2009 Tarboro Reidsville T=42.0 R=49.1 R
2008 Newton-Conover Reidsville NC=41.5 R=40.7 NC
2007 Lincolnton Reidsville L=NA R=40.0 R
2006 Cummings Shelby C=40.1 S=39.0 C
2005 Clinton Shelby C=NA S=33.4 S
2003 SWO Reidsville Ranking not available ?
2002 Cummings Reidsville Ranking not available R (def C)

Interesting that both programs have 9 Titles in the last 20 years, but only 4 or 5 that show a higher rating than the other subclass.
We will never know the winners of a matchup, but several ratings are razor thin in difference.
Shelby won 3 unified titles before 2000.
We have already examined Shelby's 1972 AP win, and the 1963 Reidsville title considering inter-Association play.
There are several more Titles for both programs back through the ages that can be studied.
Give me your definition of a Unified State Championship. I should think you would enjoy trading wits with me.
Unless you are afraid. You have already said a lot.

Give me your definition of a Unified State Championship. I should think you would enjoy trading wits with me.
Unless you are afraid. You have already said a lot.
Your schtick is no longer working. I know what you are doing. Not fooled anymore.

So who starts a thread like this to throw shade on a team playing for a state championship, because they just steam rolled the team that put a running clock on their team ! Y'all must be proud of him and his son . Shelby's finest right there bro. You haven't said one word about this thread until now.... But it's all good, sorry I rubbed you the wrong way...All the brag about 4-1... All the talk about unified champs. Question, do y'all really think if we'd played every year , the series would get that lopsided ? If your answer is yes, then I understand how y'all think. But that bs is all y'all got to thump your chest about. If you dish it, you should be able to take it
“So who starts a thread like this to throw shade on a team playing for a state championship?”

Because it’s the truth. That’s why.

Why does the truth bother you so much? Why do you refer to us as classless?
Is it because of the timing?
You would prefer we wait until after Saturday’s game to make the point? Or better yet, never make it?
Or is it such minutia that it doesn’t deserve mentioning?
Is it because it comes from a Shelby poster that disturbs you?

Do you dispute it is the truth?

Last edited:
“So who starts a thread like this to throw shade on a team playing for a state championship?”

You would prefer we wait until after Saturday’s game to make the point? Or better yet, never make it?

Did you ever post that definition? You have NO point to make. I dispute it.

Does Shelby have a trophy case? Where is it? Can you see it? If you make an argument then surely you can defend it? But you will not, why? You know why. You will not continue to do what you are doing. I wish we could argue this out by presenting the evidence for and against and your claim. I know that is NOT what this is about. You know what is happening here and I know also. I will cut and paste your argument, and present it and see if you will approve it as your argument. Then I will answer it. In any case people will see how puerile you are.

So who starts a thread like this to throw shade on a team playing for a state championship, because they just steam rolled the team that put a running clock on their team ! Y'all must be proud of him and his son . Shelby's finest right there bro. You haven't said one word about this thread until now.... But it's all good, sorry I rubbed you the wrong way...All the brag about 4-1... All the talk about unified champs. Question, do y'all really think if we'd played every year , the series would get that lopsided ? If your answer is yes, then I understand how y'all think. But that bs is all y'all got to thump your chest about. If you dish it, you should be able to take it
What team put a running clock on Shelby. I haven't heard about that?

Did you ever post that definition? You have NO point to make. I dispute it.
We know you are an adolescent, but we thought you knew how to read.
Here is the definition.

Reidsville High School goes for its first ever unified state title next Saturday. Despite their naming of themselves as the “Capitol (sic)” of North Carolina high school football, Reidsville has never won a Championship title where they participated in a playoff that included ALL similar size (classification) NC public high school programs. All their Championships came during the period of the rival WNCHSAA existence (1929-1976) or during the subdivision of classes (2002-2020). Reidsville did not appear in a Championship game from 1971 through 2001, 31 consecutive years.
In the period of one winner per classification and after the 1977 merger of the NCHSAA with the WNCHSAA, Robbinsville led the state with 7 Championship titles and Richmond Senior won 6.

The overall leader in NC Championship Titles since the merger in 1977 is Shelby with 12.

The purpose of this thread, despite comments that will follow, is not to diminish the accomplishments of the Reidsville program and its 22 recognized titles. They won all they could win. It is to clarify that the entirety of those championship runs included the avoidance of up to 42 of some of the top programs smack in the middle of the state. Or by avoiding 50% of the other similar class programs during subdivided playoffs.

Reidsville finally has an opportunity to win a unified Championship Title, and it will be their first attempt.

I did not refer to Shelby as classless sir, I referred to you as classless....Some of your own said it without actually saying it. (Most probably think it ) You started a deliberate thread to either, downplay Reidsville's accomplishments, or distract from Shelby's pitiful season, or both. I can't confirm or deny whether it is true because I'm not interested in spending the energy to find out.. You're so full of yourself, you missed the whole point . What difference does it really make ? I do know what the NCHSAA record books say. Hating Reidsville must be exhausting man !! .....
Shelby / Winston Salem Children's Home WNCHSAA Co - Champs 1947 ....... Whoopeeee
I bet you had to eat lunch by yourself in school

I did not refer to Shelby as classless sir, I referred to you as classless....Some of your own said it without actually saying it. (Most probably think it ) You started a deliberate thread to either, downplay Reidsville's accomplishments, or distract from Shelby's pitiful season, or both. I can't confirm or deny whether it is true because I'm not interested in spending the energy to find out.. You're so full of yourself, you missed the whole point . What difference does it really make ? I do know what the NCHSAA record books say. Hating Reidsville must be exhausting man !! .....
Shelby / Winston Salem Children's Home WNCHSAA Co - Champs 1947 ....... Whoopeeee
I bet you had to eat lunch by yourself in school
Wow. Such vitriol. Feel better now.?
We have gone at it with you before.
Hard to forget such a clever handle as “ramit”.
How long did it take you to think that one up?
And we guess that the 02 either refers to your graduating class or…..could it be…you played on the 02 championship team?
Isn’t that the team that stopped the 31 consecutive year slide with not even a championship appearance?
That absence would be what we Shelby folks would consider “pitiful”. But that’s never happened to us.
No, it was just a single challenging season with seniors possessing two rings already and two teammates making the Shrine Bowl this year. Y’all ever done that? Not the first time for the Golden Lions.
But before we go any further, our posts here represent the collective contemplations of several in our group. By referring to “me” as classless, you offend up to 56 individuals. We don’t always agree, but we do share a disdain for a community that would go and name themselves the “capitol (sic) of NC high school football”. If you are looking for a tangible reason for starting this thread, that’s it.
It is a bogus claim and the 31 consecutive recent year gap plus the lack of a single unified title proves it ( which is true despite your lack of effort to study). And we are aware that there are those in your own group of Reidsville faithful that prefer that the self proclamation had never transpired.
We have been through this before with your crowd. We don’t “hate” Reidsville. We have praised your accomplishments.
But you are not the”capitol (sic)” of anything.
Quit promoting that BS and we will calm down.
And when you bring up the “titles” thing again, another reminder that Princeton holds the record for College Football titles, and like Reidsville, the bulk of which occurred before the modern age, integration, and face masks.
Is Princeton the “capital (correct spelling, capitol refers to a building) of College Football.
Not hardly.
As far as the NCHSAA record books, we and others have exposed significant mistakes and omissions in their reports. Plus there is an admitted bias to their records.
We will ignore the cheap personal shot at the end.
You would be stunned with what “we” represent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT