• Newton-Conover

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West Caldwell?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West Lincoln

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone know how Maiden QB will look this year.
Lol that's top secret 🤣 just know he's a athlete with size.. the closest comparison I can think of in recent memory is maybe Matt Johnson. If anyone can think of a better comparison feel free to chime in. We got a sophomore QB that is very similar to Ethan Rhodes from 2 years ago

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Lol that's top secret 🤣 just know he's a athlete with size.. the closest comparison I can think of in recent memory is maybe Matt Johnson. If anyone can think of a better comparison feel free to chime in. We got a sophomore QB that is very similar to Ethan Rhodes from 2 years ago
I also heard that new QB from Newton Conover reminds people of Kylar Murray. I haven’t seen him play yet.

I was surprised that you picked him as the best QB in the conference this fall…I guess I know why now.

Heard he is quick as a cat and can sling it 50 yards.

Why ain’t the Red Devils being talked up?

Last edited:
Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I also heard that new QB from Newton Conover reminds people of Kylar Murray. I haven’t seen him play yet.

I was surprised that you picked him as the best QB in the conference this fall…I guess I know why now.

Heard he is quick as a cat and sling it 50 yards.

I'll tell u tonight after I spy on them

Reactions: Maiden Creek

Heard he is quick as a cat and sling it 50 yards.

Cause they can never get the mental and team part of the equation to ever work. Kids just don't like each other usually

The Hill has a talented crop of juniors that will be fine after the seniors graduate this year. No real drought for the bears, but I am good if u want to sleep on them. Please do.
I love a challenge. I mighta said drought cause I heard comment after comment bout JVs sucking for the Hill and be losing a lot after this year. If you say they got some solid Jrs then you know more than I do so I’ll just take your word for it .

EB will have a drought after this year and bigger one to come cause JVs didn’t do anything last year and I’ve not heard anything good bout the middle school, lost every game I think and star player running for his life every play with no cast around him. But kids do grow and hit the weight room so you never know how it all might turn out in the future but as of now it’s bleak.

Glimmers of hope after this mass exodus in Spring 24’
Jr RB Buff: mean, tough, small, but thick strong and fast. Faster than his daddy and I ran track with his daddy.
FR: QB/RB Rees: Fast, really fast. Coulda beat half the competition in CVAC in the 100M as an 8th grader. If he trains, packs on muscle and is motivated watch out.
Soph: Some MLB that is a tackling machine that should be better than Luke Wilson by his senior year.
Anything else add to it EB fans that may be reading this. These guys will be 1st team All Conf at some point but they will need players around them

Last edited:
BFR, West Caldwell lost out to Shelby in the 1987 semi-finals by a score of 16-13. Shelby's C. Gwaltney kicked a fifty yard field goal (in the rain) late in the game for the win. Shelby would go on to beat Burlington Williams 19-0 for the title. West Caldwell was big, tough, fast and mean (in a football way) that year.

*Here are some highlights from that Shelby-West Caldwell game. The acuity of the film isn't so good but If you fast forward to around the 28:45 mark and let it play a few seconds you'll see the field goal. I couldn't believe a high school player could kick a fifty yard field goal until I saw it. I was there.

I’ll watch.
Appreciate that buddy

2017-2018? That must have been a really special season with tMBD playing into January. Was 2016 a three way tie for first place? I know Maiden beat Lincolnton. Did West Caldwell beat Maiden that year or another team Maiden in '16?
Maiden lost to East Lincoln too.

Lincolnton 6-1
West Caldwell 6-1
East Lincoln 5-2
Maiden 5-2

Sooo…Maiden actually finished 4th.

Reactions: GrizzlyDevil
Raheem and tae look good today catching the ball for maiden. All the running backs ran with power and hit the holes correctly today. Stover at quarterback today looked like he could be Very dangerous. The guys in the trenches did their job. Being early if I had to describe this team I will compare them to a New England Patriots team where if everybody just does their job we will win.

Raheem and tae look good today catching the ball for maiden. All the running backs ran with power and hit the holes correctly today. Stover at quarterback today looked like he could be Very dangerous. The guys in the trenches did their job. Being early if I had to describe this team I will compare them to a New England Patriots team where if everybody just does their job we will win.
Stover is pretty quick and runs with power. I think he might just be a breath of fresh air compared to the tall gun slingers. A lot like Matt Johnson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT