ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2022 - Week 5

It's fine but gotta be honest I've lost faith lol. Don't think I can roll with Lincolnton anymore this year, except when they play west Caldwell 🤣. I wonder if that's the game @Maiden Creek has West Caldwell winning 🤣🤣
I surely understand that, amd... As for me, I don't and will not ever pick against the Wolves or lose faith in them. That's something I could never do, it's a matter of the heart. I do hate to lose but I'm as proud of them, now, as I was the last time they won a football title.

We've had bad years since 2017 but I know just as sure as I'm typing this message they will right things and be a formidable opponent, again.
I congratulate you and the Maiden fans on your success but I also heed the words of a once renowned man who said "All glory is fleeting".

Rest of the teams this year, I’m tellling ya, don’t sleep on East Burke. Unfortunately they got 3 key players hurt and out for season this year.

My Observation:
EB could move the ball but hard to guard a WR like they got. Huge difference maker not to mention Maiden gave their man time to throw. Big shout out to that Maiden line. Glad y’all got a taste of KJ Byrd. Boy is an athlete, watch him on the track this spring. I didn’t get there til 2nd quarter so I missed the first scores before EB turned it on. I had so many classmates to holler at over there that I didn’t put much time into commenting on the game. Maiden will make some noise in the playoffs but I’d be iffy bout em at 3rd round and beyond but will
Enjoy the progress they may make. I’d be tickled pink if my boys get past 2nd round. We going to the dance this year mark it down.
Most of y'all's damage came from the outside runs we had trouble containing but that is where Alec Hall would come in if he wasn't hurt once he gets back that should help fix that problem

East Burke is an improved team but they can't defend the deep ball to save their life. They need to practice that bc Wesson can throw not good as Thompson but can air it out

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Who would have ever thought that maiden and West Lincoln would become a rival game. Honestly kind of feels like over the last several years that this has become maidens biggest rival game even over bandys and Newton

Glad to see West Lincoln doing something. They used to be years ago close to what Highland Tech is every year. I say close cause nobody has been that bad to my whole recollection, not even Madison or some of the worse North Wilkes teams.

Josh Moore, East Burke RB of 3 or 4 years ago, was good and fun to watch. The word that come down the pipe was he was up for being one of the best RBs in Burke co history and doing better than what BJ Emmons did LOL in stats and whatnot but problem was, he sat those stats playing against Highland Tech. Not taking anything from the boy, he was good but uhhhh no he wasn’t no BJ Emmons by no means. Just saying all that to show what teams do with HT and how West Lincoln was once one of those teams. Just sayin’

Reactions: Maiden Creek
East Burke is an improved team but they can't defend the deep ball to save their life. They need to practice that bc Wesson can throw not good as Thompson but can air it out
There aren’t many HS teams(anywhere around here) that can defend the pass, especially the deep ball! Even the Shelby’s, Reidsville’s, KM’s and any others I’ve missed struggle with it. They actually get to practice against it and still struggle when they play a team that can pass. Best thing to do in my opinion is bring as much pressure as possible every play, most QB’s will have a hard time throwing if there pressured.

I may have missed it here, but too lazy to look back... Was listening to the KTC broadcasting show after the games and they mentioned that Bunker Hill had an intentional grounding call while in endzone but the refs didnt give Lincolnton the safety? Is this true?

Deer above is right... Its hard for most teams to defend the pass at this level.. We were so good last season because what he also said, we had immediate pressure as soon as the ball was snapped and teams didnt have time to throw it... This year we've not been able to get as much pressure and have given up some big plays...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT