ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2022 - Week 2

Thank you BFR, now give me just a minute to get the mud out of my eye ;)...OK. There we go. Actually, yes, North is down some but they looked better than we did, tonight, and I say "tonight" in hopes we don't continue to play like we did. As far as the game, North probably got the best of us on the line in that they had the ball what seemed to be so much longer than we did.
This must have been penalty night for Lincolnton. I'm talking about personal fouls and personal fouls.
The Wolves play angry which is good but there is a thin line between that and getting penalized. I'd guess this being another county school caused us to cross it too many times.

I'll try not to get started on local politics, here, but North was created mostly from Lincolnton and East Lincoln people and their school district comes nearly to the Lincolnton city limits. This turns up the heat a little... North had us down 17-7 in the fourth quarter then Lincolnton scored and scored again on an interception with about two minutes. It had to have been a painful game for North to lose. I feel like they got a little tired in the last quarter.

About North having speed, I think it came into play on the defensive side. We had trouble with the corners trying to turn upfield and on wideout passing and running. They were also in our backfield too much. A win is a win and I'm so glad we pulled it out.

Postscript: This is just my thinking, but if our school district lines were completely drawn without political influence (which I doubt is possible) I just wonder if any North Lincoln student/players would be coming home.
I would have been drawn into the North Lincoln district if NL had existed when I was in school. Just to put it in perspective I went to Asbury Elementary School. Go Rockets!

You are correct.
The Wolves picked off a pass to save the win. They had driven the field from the 15 yard line with around 9 minutes to go and scored on a run play with 2:10 left. North got the ball on the 18 yard line and on 2nd. down, they threw the interception. All the Wolves had to do was take a knee to preserve the win.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Don't really understand why Raheem misher is playing def end. I would think he would be at safety being 6'5 and being able to cover the field in few steps with his stride. And then put culliver and Gibbs at the corners

Don't really understand why Raheem misher is playing def end. I would think he would be at safety being 6'5 and being able to cover the field in few steps with his stride. And then put culliver and Gibbs at the corners
I would think it's his speed that prevents him from being a secondary player...I believe his length is better served in containment as an end. I think the coaches have him right...

I would have been drawn into the North Lincoln district if NL had existed when I was in school. Just to put it in perspective I went to Asbury Elementary School. Go Rockets!
LHSfaninVA, I'm glad you stayed a wolf. Speaking of Asbury I have a plastic drinking mug from the school. Some kids, there, gave it to me a long time ago. The letters and rocket have faded but I wondered if you recognized the colors.
From around the 1970's back, there was Battleground, S.Ray Lowder and Asbury. All three had good football teams. It was 7th and 8th graders.
Back in the 60's some of the Asbury players looked like my father in size. One of my teachers said that was because some of them were in their thirties and forties...Disclaimer: Not you, 23Wolf, being from that side of town I know you must have went there, too. Also, 23Wolf it is good to hear from you. I saw you at the game and you looked well.:)

Looks like it isn't going to take my photo. I'll keep trying.

Last edited:
I would think it's his speed that prevents him from being a secondary player...I believe his length is better served in containment as an end. I think the coaches have him right...
I get where the length helps there but when I look at him he just looks so scrawny to be playing on the line LOL. But I'm not the coach and just an opinion.

All I know is that @Maiden Creek is chomping at the bit to see the outcome of Burns and Watauga in a few weeks. He loves comparing scores...my early prediction is that Burns wins by a few scores (like we should have)...the difference? Burns airs it out early and often...backs em up and then pounds it up the middle....but just my humble guess

• Haha
I feel like a big difference in the offense so far this year also is #8 has been MIA so far. He such a sure handed reciever. Hopefully we can get syncing up against st Stephens. Even if it's lopsided I almost wonder if u keep guys in to get them syncing and connecting personally on the field

I feel like a big difference in the offense so far this year also is #8 has been MIA so far. He such a sure handed reciever. Hopefully we can get syncing up against st Stephens. Even if it's lopsided I almost wonder if u keep guys in to get them syncing and connecting personally on the field
We definitely need to show that any of our receivers can catch the ball...because they can. We just have to do it. Free Chris up ..or If he stays double teamed...then hit the free man. Make them pay either way. Let them pick their poison.

Underthrown pass over middle. INT
I have to admit….I walked over to the Watauga side to get a head start on the trip home just before Watauga’s winning score. There was this little Watauga boy… maybe 7 or 8…that ran from one end of the stadium to the other end… in front of the Watauga stands….jubilantly yelling…WE BEAT MAIDEN! WE BEAT MAIDEN! WE BEAT MAIDEN! It was the cutest thing.

I thought…Oh God!… there’s still a minute and a half to go….and Culliver is over there… Don’t do it!😂😂

This cute young ‘Un will hate us for the rest of his life… like everybody else!😂

I’m getting soft….happy as all get out …for that boy. ❤️

Culliver was clear… and free too… if our QB threw it deeper and let him adjust to it…..

Whew!….Have mercy!😉

Last edited:
All I know is that @Maiden Creek is chomping at the bit to see the outcome of Burns and Watauga in a few weeks. He loves comparing scores...my early prediction is that Burns wins by a few scores (like we should have)...the difference? Burns airs it out early and often...backs em up and then pounds it up the middle....but just my humble guess
You got that right!

I’m watching Mitchell too…there’s some good posters over there… you just never know…when a mountaineer….is gonna show his arse!😂😂😂

Ole Burns threw the ball 158 times😂 against Watauga last year…I’ll take Watauga…just to keep it interesting. Grizz.

Reactions: GrizzlyDevil
I get where the length helps there but when I look at him he just looks so scrawny to be playing on the line LOL. But I'm not the coach and just an opinion.
He is tough as willer branch!😂😂😂

I was amazed at how effectively he could rebound in basketball last season….as a freshman no less. He cleaned the boards!…plays like his wing span is about 18 feet.😂

Reactions: GrizzlyDevil
I just read Jaylen Patterson had 514 yds passing I remember when he was getting recruited like crazy then he followed Simmons to west Caldwell and it went quit. I hope the young man still gets a division 2 or 3 offer the talents there but absolutely no supporting cast.

Flyrod…I have always wondered…who is your team?….no need to answer that though…I kinda like it that way😉…just wanted you to know.

Here’s some fun stuff….

Through 2 games…there’s 4 CVAC teams in the top 25 west…for points allowed….all teams in the top 25 have played 2 games…except Pine Lake Prep with 1.

……btw…..Bandys is 26th…come on! Trojans.😉

West Lincoln
Bunker Hill
Maiden
East Burke

Flyrod…I have always wondered…who is your team?….no need to answer that though…I kinda like it that way😉…just wanted you to know.

Here’s some fun stuff….

Through 2 games…there’s 4 CVAC teams in the top 25 west…for points allowed….all teams in the top 25 have played 2 games…except Pine Lake Prep with 1.

……btw…..Bandys is 26th…come on! Trojans.😉

West Lincoln
Bunker Hill
Maiden
East Burke
I am still trying to decide for this year. 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT