ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2022 - Week 2

So we must be going for it.

We do. Pass caught out of bounds 25 yds down field. Turnover.

Watauga ball on the 50

Barn burner of a game. Congrats to Lincolnton for pulling it off. Down year for North I guess. Oh I see Lincolnton comes to our house this year. You boys are in for a treat. Game wise and tons of room to sit.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I see Watauga surprising a lot of people this year. A well oiled machine and very well coached. I’d say they beat a high ranking 2A team tonight. Conference in the bag for Watauga looking like. Don’t see Freedom doing anything against them like they used to. Freedom possibly take 2nd in that conference

Final what a dog fight Freedom 33 East Burke 20 to many TO at the wrong time for East Burke. They played tough our day will come a physical game for sure bad blood looks on several plays!! pick 6 and a TO on the 1-yard line ready to score hurt big time!!!

Yeah I was plenty disappointed. Way too many mistakes at the wrong time. But hey, I hope Freedom whoops the dog poo out of eveybody they play rest of season just to make EB look good. Got a feeling they won’t and they will get crushed by Watauga. Everyone else in conf don’t look or sound challenging. Maybe AC. EB is gonna look fine rest of season outside of Maiden game. I can see playoffs this year. Might barley get in but I see playoffs

We were worn down in the 4th. Caught up with us. Plus I think we tried to play it too safe ...played not to lose...

We'll be just fine though. Clean up giving big plays up. And throw more.
2 evenly matched teams out there tonight won in the last minute…. Was a good game to watch if you were just a fan of football as it’s a tough one for anybody to lose… I do question some decisions in 2nd half by Maiden staff but I can see both teams winning their conference and having a deep run on the playoffs…

P.S. Can’t wait to see Culliver in a different shade of blue next 3-4 years!!!!

We shot ourselves in the foot too much on both sides of the ball. We need to get someone stepping up opposite of Culliver. Defense needs to sure up the middle run game.

Barn burner of a game. Congrats to Lincolnton for pulling it off. Down year for North I guess. Oh I see Lincolnton comes to our house this year. You boys are in for a treat. Game wise and tons of room to sit.
Thank you BFR, now give me just a minute to get the mud out of my eye ;)...OK. There we go. Actually, yes, North is down some but they looked better than we did, tonight, and I say "tonight" in hopes we don't continue to play like we did. As far as the game, North probably got the best of us on the line in that they had the ball what seemed to be so much longer than we did.
This must have been penalty night for Lincolnton. I'm talking about personal fouls and personal fouls.
The Wolves play angry which is good but there is a thin line between that and getting penalized. I'd guess this being another county school caused us to cross it too many times.

I'll try not to get started on local politics, here, but North was created mostly from Lincolnton and East Lincoln people and their school district comes nearly to the Lincolnton city limits. This turns up the heat a little... North had us down 17-7 in the fourth quarter then Lincolnton scored and scored again on an interception with about two minutes. It had to have been a painful game for North to lose. I feel like they got a little tired in the last quarter.

About North having speed, I think it came into play on the defensive side. We had trouble with the corners trying to turn upfield and on wideout passing and running. They were also in our backfield too much. A win is a win and I'm so glad we pulled it out.

Postscript: This is just my thinking, but if our school district lines were completely drawn without political influence (which I doubt is possible) I just wonder if any North Lincoln student/players would be coming home.

Thank you BFR, now give me just a minute to get the mud out of my eye ;)...OK. There we go. Actually, yes, North is down some but they looked better than we did, tonight, and I say "tonight" in hopes we don't continue to play like we did. As far as the game, North probably got the best of us on the line in that they had the ball what seemed to be so much longer than we did.
This must have been penalty night for Lincolnton. I'm talking about personal fouls and personal fouls.
The Wolves play angry which is good but there is a thin line between that and getting penalized. I'd guess this being another county school caused us to cross it too many times.

I'll try not to get started on local politics, here, but North was created mostly from Lincolnton and East Lincoln people and their school district comes nearly to the Lincolnton city limits. This turns up the heat a little... North had us down 17-7 in the fourth quarter then Lincolnton scored and scored again on an interception with about two minutes. It had to have been a painful game for North to lose. I feel like they got a little tired in the last quarter.

About North having speed, I think it came into play on the defensive side. We had trouble with the corners trying to turn upfield and on wideout passing and running. They were also in our backfield too much. A win is a win and I'm so glad we pulled it out.

Postscript: This is just my thinking, but if our school district lines were completely drawn without political influence (which I doubt is possible) I just wonder if any North Lincoln student/players would be coming home.

Man we got 5 pages out of this one. Credit me and Grizz for commentating our games were a player didn’t burp or fart without you hearing about it ha ha. That’s what took up the page space.
Well Lincolnton didn’t give up that’s a good thing. I can’t wait for y’all to roll into East Burke. Home of the largest high school football visitors side this side of the Mississippi. The last time it was ever filled was 2007 Indy EB playoff game.

Hey at least you guys didn’t just about score and fumble on the 1. And fumble again at the 4 or 5 right before half and other team get a defensive score with just a few sec left.

Other than those 2 things and allowing a pick 6, they played a heck of a game. They carry that spirit and momentum into conference, all y’all will have your hands full.

BFR, we fumbled inside their 10 . Hope I can make the EB game. Never been there and I hear it's a fine stadium. The Cavs owe us one from last year and they'll be wanting to pay up. And you and Grizz did well.

Has Thompson not attempted a keeper all season ? he has legs in the Ashe County games I seen of them last season
I haven't seen him attempt one all year I've only seen him leave the pocket once or twice. I hope this is kind of him and the coach feeling each other out to see what they can do with each other. Even Ethan Rhodes took off occasionally. Not quarterback sneaking at 6'5 quarterback on 3rd and one just dumbfounds me

I haven't seen him attempt one all year I've only seen him leave the pocket once or twice. I hope this is kind of him and the coach feeling each other out to see what they can do with each other. Even Ethan Rhodes took off occasionally. Not quarterback sneaking at 6'5 quarterback on 3rd and one just dumbfounds me
To me last night seems that Thompson has “happy” feet when the DL can get some pressure on him… if he can fix that little issue and possible use his legs a little bit when needed he has the other tools including strong arm and height to be a good one… As I said earlier Maiden will be fine this year outside of any more major injuries..#3 in the walking boot looked to be a ball player when you just see him on the field

To me last night seems that Thompson has “happy” feet when the DL can get some pressure on him… if he can fix that little issue and possible use his legs a little bit when needed he has the other tools including strong arm and height to be a good one… As I said earlier Maiden will be fine this year outside of any more major injuries..#3 in the walking boot looked to be a ball player when you just see him on the field
Walking boot is Hall.

#3 is our best defensive player...or darn near...D1 prospect...definitely a bat out out of hell. He was sorely missed last night.

And Thompson will be fine...he settled in the 2nd half and played really well other than the last pick, he does seem to be antsy some. But Watauga use to beat em up at his old school i believe...might of been some bad history in them dancing cleats. We got to find a way to break his butterflies early and get him and Chris vibin in the 1st Q and not the 3rd

the team played an excellent 3 quarters. I've slept on it and I'm not upset we lost, though it was a very winnable game, in my honest opinion we should have won that game by at least two scores. Defense shut them down for 3 and half quarters and our offense wasn't clicking like it should all game...it only came in spurts.

Im really impressed at Stover#11 defensive play. He's an animal....he was in rec league when I coached him....glad to see he kept that attitude.

Culliver stepped it up on defense and proved he's not afraid to lay the hit.

Tip of the cap to Coach Habich and the Watauga team…they are much better than last year…for sure. Overall…the game was very entertaining to watch.

Couple things…

Their QB was very good at selling on reads and misdirection…he was quick too.

Watauga’s overall size is humongous!😂 They Huge!😉 tough, scrappy, chippy, and wanted our arses in every way!😂 I knew that was coming!

Watauga ran every trick play in the book…and were very good at it too. I’ve never seen anyone fake a kick off like they did 😂
Do what? They all took off running including the kicker and stopped on the dime…at the point of the kick…then went back to line up…then kick it….or another guy would kick it…while the others loiter around…it was crazy. None of the attempts were successful though…but it was fun to watch. Daggum Carnival ball!
😂😂😂
Hook and ladders! Tempo changes…like the conversion they made….heck…Maiden wasn’t even lined up…Watauga walked in…none of us in the stands even saw the play!😂… it was like…what just happened?
Did the same thing on their score in the 4th to cut the deficit to 3….40 yard run and nobody was over there to stop them.
Those tempo changes were sneaky as all get out….you could tell….they’ve practiced those tricky plays….over and over and over again….prolly practicing them this morning too.
It was sump’em to behold.

Tip of the cap to Coach Habich and the Watauga team…they are much better than last year…for sure. Overall…the game was very entertaining to watch.

Couple things…

Their QB was very good at selling on reads and misdirection…he was quick too.

Watauga’s overall size is humongous!😂 They Huge!😉 tough, scrappy, chippy, and wanted our arses in every way!😂 I knew that was coming!

Watauga ran every trick play in the book…and were very good at it too. I’ve never seen anyone fake a kick off like they did 😂
Do what? They all took off running including the kicker and stopped on the dime…at the point of the kick…then went back to line up…then kick it….or another guy would kick it…while the others loiter around…it was crazy. None of the attempts were successful though…but it was fun to watch. Daggum Carnival ball!
😂😂😂
Hook and ladders! Tempo changes…like the conversion they made….heck…Maiden wasn’t even lined up…Watauga walked in…none of us in the stands even saw the play!😂… it was like…what just happened?
Did the same thing on their score in the 4th to cut the deficit to 3….40 yard run and nobody was over there to stop them.
Those tempo changes were sneaky as all get out….you could tell….they’ve practiced those tricky plays….over and over and over again….prolly practicing them this morning too.
It was sump’em to behold.
Perfect summary...Carnival ball! That's it....been practicing all summer...congratulations to them

Perfect summary...Carnival ball! That's it....been practicing all summer...congratulations to them
I will say…that I felt like our defense was on the field forever!…Watauga kept giving us a short field….and then when they got the ball…they were good at sustaining drives…and converting 4th downs….like the winning TD…on a 4th and 10. That’s good stuff! right there.

Gotta give Watauga credit…they held on til the end. Their defense was very good.

I know there is no such thing as a good loss…but I hope our boys learned something last night…and uses this as fuel to get better….and to remember how it feels…when the going gets tough and tight.

Go! Boom Devils!❤️

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT