ADVERTISEMENT

Crest vs Shelby at Shelby

golden one

Oct 24, 2001
Will the open week hurt Shelby ? I don't like open weeks especially right before playing against good teams and more so a county rivalry game . Shelby was on a roll the first 2 weeks and hope the layoff won't disrupt their timing. Crest will be hungry to get the Burns loss off of their minds but I'm picking Shelby in this one .

Worst Crest team ive watched in a while.
Things i noticed Fri at Burns.
Crest moved the ball on short screen passes only to try to go back to running something Burns was stopping.
Also when Burns got pressure on Fuller he seemed disrupted....making mistakes.
I see Shelbys D line giving Fuller problems from the edges..
I'm also curious to see how Crest DB's can handle Shelby receivers..
Bess is playing like a veteran Qb and we will have our Fuller back at rb this week after being out since Jambo.
Im thinking 35- 14...35-17 Shelby win

Last edited:
Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Just like last week, you never really know what you'll see in the county rivalry games.. But I fully expect Shelby to win this one..

42-14 Golden Lions

Shelby-42
Crest-7
Leo you are pretty dang good at predicting games so imma go with you on this one ......crust offense is very very predictable....BUT ....if this 1 A coach is worth a crap they will mix it up more.

Last edited:
Reactions: leo1999
The Crest coach hasn't shown he can coach yet. The verdict is still out, I don't expect isn't going well. Coming from 1a to 3a there is a big different.

1987 is the year I will always go by. Shelby should have won by 50 but they lost. 2014 Creat was going to destroy the Lions and it was 13 to 0 Shelby going to the fourth. It’s why you play the game.

The Crest coach hasn't shown he can coach yet. The verdict is still out, I don't expect isn't going well. Coming from 1a to 3a there is a big different.
Can’t argue with this statement Coach E has no killer instinct at all Crest goes up 7-0 and he shuts his Coaching down smh

Can’t argue with this statement Coach E has no killer instinct at all Crest goes up 7-0 and he shuts his Coaching down smh
Yes Crest stuff I hate to pile on but he seriously runs 3 plays.....hes way smarter than me which ain't saying much but I can understand the frustration from a fans stand point ....anyway tells the fells at the horse manure club to sign him to a lifetime contract. us Burns fans thinks hes awesome .

Yes Crest stuff I hate to pile on but he seriously runs 3 plays.....hes way smarter than me which ain't saying much but I can understand the frustration from a fans stand point ....anyway tells the fells at the horse manure club to sign him to a lifetime contract. us Burns fans thinks hes awesome .
He ain’t going anywhere lol

This is gonna be a hard long game to watch for Crest fans. Best of luck to the Charger boys. Just do the best you can not to get injured. I got a feeling trying to find a place to park and sit on the visitor side won’t be as bad as years past so that’s a plus!

I’m soo glad we have a off week this Friday so I can go see this years shelby team. I’m really excited to see the lions in action to see what all this excitement is about :)

He ain’t going anywhere lol

Ok serious question, why do you think that? If he doesn't produce, I can't imagine he'll last too long, especially at Crest...

But I must say, it did seem Crest got very conservative after getting up 7-0 and never could recover when they got down

Last edited:
Ok serious question, why do you think that? If he doesn't produce, I can't imagine he'll last too long, especially at Crest...

But I must say, it did seem Crest got very conservative after getting up 7-0 and never could recover when they got down
The last Coach would still be there if he hadn’t put his hands on a kid

Crest needs a good offensive coordinator. HC doesn't always have to run offense or defense himself.

I had to work and didn't get to go matter of fact I haven't seen a game this year, but was the same 3 plays he ran the entre KM game last year?

I had to work and didn't get to go matter of fact I haven't seen a game this year, but was the same 3 plays he ran the entre KM game last year?
Yep, and O Line got whooped all nite! Eddins is the O Line Coach also he gotta step it up

Yep, and O Line got whooped all nite! Eddins is the O Line Coach also he gotta step it up
Yes and the same 3 that put 60 on us last year in a half .....all jokes aside Crest is coming off having some of the best teams ever in cc.....maybe just a dip in talent....throw in very conservative play calling and that does not help .

The game against Burns doesn’t necessarily have any implications of what will happen Friday night. This is the worst crest team I have seen in years if not ever and I think it’s a combination of two things, least talent I’ve ever seen from them and a coach who can’t do anything different to adapt to the players he has to get the most out of them. Shelby could easily walk away with this one by 3-4 TD’s but on the same hand it’s crest Shelby and when it’s always supposed to be a lopsided game there seems to be an upset. I don’t think I’ll go that far but I don’t think it’ll be a blow out. Shelby by 14 but I believe it’ll be a lot like the burns game where you feel like it should be a lot worse.

The game against Burns doesn’t necessarily have any implications of what will happen Friday night. This is the worst crest team I have seen in years if not ever and I think it’s a combination of two things, least talent I’ve ever seen from them and a coach who can’t do anything different to adapt to the players he has to get the most out of them. Shelby could easily walk away with this one by 3-4 TD’s but on the same hand it’s crest Shelby and when it’s always supposed to be a lopsided game there seems to be an upset. I don’t think I’ll go that far but I don’t think it’ll be a blow out. Shelby by 14 but I believe it’ll be a lot like the burns game where you feel like it should be a lot worse.
I’m not letting Shelby off that easy. Rivalry aside it’s still football. Sometimes we use that rivalry word as excuse to play like crap. Shelby has hyped themselves up to be the best team in the state. The comments have been made too much after that AC Reynolds win. Crest is banged up bad! If Shelby doesn’t destroy this Crest team the fans need to calm down. No reason why they can’t if they are what they say they are.

I can agree with most of that. I just think end of the day, anything can happen when Shelby and crest play. In 2011 crest was supposed to be drag Shelby up and down the field to no end and they could hardly move the ball, Shelby won at crest.

Reactions: Lion Attack
I’m not letting Shelby off that easy. Rivalry aside it’s still football. Sometimes we use that rivalry word as excuse to play like crap. Shelby has hyped themselves up to be the best team in the state. The comments have been made too much after that AC Reynolds win. Crest is banged up bad! If Shelby doesn’t destroy this Crest team the fans need to calm down. No reason why they can’t if they are what they say they are.
Typically a team banged up this early speaks to off season conditioning.....imo.....

Shelby has not hyped themselves up as the best team in the state.It's everybody else.We have not played a game in September yet and it is a long way to November.

Shelby has not hyped themselves up as the best team in the state.It's everybody else.We have not played a game in September yet and it is a long way to November.
I’m not speaking for the posters on here as much as the fan base as a whole. I want to see how the Creat secondary does against Shelby’s air raid offense. The Crest secondary is not bad at all.

I can agree with most of that. I just think end of the day, anything can happen when Shelby and crest play. In 2011 crest was supposed to be drag Shelby up and down the field to no end and they could hardly move the ball, Shelby won at crest.
Crest was healthy in that game compared to now.

Crest is also lacking confidence. Not just the players. The fans as well. When they take field Friday, if they don’t come out angry and hungry, Shelby will beat Crest as if they were Chase. Crest needs a spark. Or for someone to stand up and be a leader. Wouldn’t it be something if Crest becomes the new feeder school to Burns football lmao.

Crest is also lacking confidence. Not just the players. The fans as well. When they take field Friday, if they don’t come out angry and hungry, Shelby will beat Crest as if they were Chase. Crest needs a spark. Or for someone to stand up and be a leader. Wouldn’t it be something if Crest becomes the new feeder school to Burns football lmao.
Keep your coach, we think he is the guy for the job!

Crest was healthy in that game compared to now.

Yea, Bullard, Ledbetter, Cochran, Hopper, Patterson, Dane Rodgers, Qourtez Wright (sp) and company......WAYYYY different healthy than this years team if they was at full health. There isn’t one player on this years team at crest that would compare to them. I’m just trying to understand how you can even begin to try to make this a valid argument bud

Keep your coach, we think he is the guy for the job!
Hey MP are you the poster formerly know as dabombdropper ....love the new name way more. Bombs are gone and Maddog bites are more in style these days .

Last edited:

From what I’m hearing, Crest lost starting and backup RG and starting LT to injuries and the backups just do not have the skills in an offense that requires them to move quickly. Really showed in the 2nd half.
Tough having a loaded Shelby next on the schedule with all the injuries. Sometimes you have to do the best you can with what you have.

Reactions: Maddog Pride
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT