ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs James Kenan Nov 9th

But we know who the conf champs are tho lol....Congrats to Cory Johnson a conf championship in your first year as a head coach aint a bad start......i guess ole by the crazy fence was right....it was just a two team conf race lol congrats to Wallace aswell

I remember back when I played in the early 90's we were co-champs with Wallace, and we had no tie breakers then either.

Im guessing every conference has different rules....we didnt to share the conf title with EB in 2014....they had one loss we had one loss

Clinton received no credit for as far as being a co co champion....atleast i never heard anything about it
Sure they did. I thought that was best o line Clinton had in years. Ran in down my dogs throat in the pound . I still think y'all had a shot at beating Shelby if Skinner hadn't went down

Reactions: SWOstallion
I guess they forgot to tell you.

I mean its its normally announced.....the team is conf champs.....but i guess it was small potatoes that year since they won a regional championship and were state runner ups

Sure they did. I thought that was best o line Clinton had in years. Ran in down my dogs throat in the pound . I still think y'all had a shot at beating Shelby if Skinner hadn't went down

When i said credit i ment being recognized as co conf champs....but like i said in a earlier post....a conf championship was small potatoes that year

I mean its its normally announced.....the team is conf champs.....but i guess it was small potatoes that year since they won a regional championship and were state runner ups

Wallace had a good run in the playoffs as well.

Wallace had a good run in the playoffs as well.

All 3 did...EB got upset by Farmville that year....think we would of had to go back to Elizabethtown for the Eastern title that year....EB had those twin monster backs Farrell and Larrell Murchison they were really good

Reactions: dogs79
All 3 did...EB got upset by Farmville that year....think we would of had to go back to Elizabethtown for the Eastern title that year....EB had those twin monster backs Farrell and Larrell Murchison they were really good

Larrell is doing well at NC state.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Back to the game from tonight....JK is going to be a tough out for someone that QB is the real deal.....if #4 would of been out there this might have been a different outcome......multiple times Clinton would have him corralled in the backfield and somehow someway he would either break free or somehow get the pass off.....he was definitely a exciting player to watch and a headache for a opposing fan like myself lol

My take on the game. I'm glad the DarkHorse came out to play. I wasn't at last weeks game, listened to it but the DarkHorses were a different team tonight. They were the team that played WRH.
JK simply couldn't handle the DarkHorse rushing attack. Conversely, the Tigers could not run on the DarkHorses. However, James Kenan did have some success throwing the ball on the DarkHorses. I can't say that success was based on bad DarkHorse pass defense,( I think the Horses picked off two passes for TD's) but credit more so the JK QB Avent. He's the best I've seen in a while and has the uncanny ability to get free from grasp, or even throw while in the grasp, see the field and throw on the run. He did this very well.
Penalties, still far too many by the DarkHorses. an old coaching friend of mine once said penalties of aggression don't bother him too much within reason, but the mental penalties have got to stop. For example, late in the game, JK had the ball around the Darkhorse 15, 4th and 5. Yep, the Horses jumped and JK got it 1st and goal and scored. Also on several occasions, the Horses got called for roughing the passer. On two occasions I didn't understand the call as the JK QB was clearly in the defenders grasp while the QB still threw the ball. I just didn't see any roughing there. Our kicker Reid Taylor did a great job kicking including 2 field goals, one a 38 yarder. The DarkHorse physicality of play was impressive.
The playoffs should be fun!
Go DarkHorses!

Last edited:
Back to the game from tonight....JK is going to be a tough out for someone that QB is the real deal.....if #4 would of been out there this might have been a different outcome......multiple times Clinton would have him corralled in the backfield and somehow someway he would either break free or somehow get the pass off.....he was definitely a exciting player to watch and a headache for a opposing fan like myself lol
JK don't have a defense. Second rd tops!

The 2 ints didnt come from the secondary....one was a great play by sophomore LB Spencer Westerbeek ran back for a score....and the other a DT senior Jarius Thorpe off the deflection catches and the big boy rumbled stumbled and bumbled for a touchdown probably needed the oxygen tank the way he was moving......Thorpe actually almost got another later on...looked like both him and WR got to the ball at the exact sametime ref just called it a completion

Clinton is not co-champs, they won outright conference by beating Wallace. The nchsaa crowns Clinton as a better seed because they crown us as conference champions. If it helps people sleep at night thinking co-champs then that’s your mental fight. CHS 34 WRH 30. It’s not rocket science!!!

Reactions: SWOstallion
Clinton is not co-champs, they won outright conference by beating Wallace. The nchsaa crowns Clinton as a better seed because they crown us as conference champions. If it helps people sleep at night thinking co-champs then that’s your mental fight. CHS 34 WRH 30. It’s not rocket science!!!
The ECC as a conference does not do tie breakers, so Clinton and Wallace are Co-champs. However, the NCHSAA gives Clinton the higher seed because of it's head-to-head win over Wallace. If JK and ED had won last night, then JK would have been outright conference champions AND would have had a higher seed. While it is not rocket science, you got it wrong.

that's how I figured it but just going off the information I was told per the AD...ECC does not do tie breakers....so technically co champs but everyone knows who really won the ECC this year

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
You guys think Goldsboro will give NE all they can handle in round one. That back they got is serious

idk Goldsboro has some athletes but after what Wallace did to them and what Clinton could have/should have did to them NE should win that easily

Reactions: eaglez15
Like DH34 said, Goldsboro does have the athletes, but coaching is sketchy, so I think NE rolls in this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT