ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs James Kenan Nov 9th

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Potential a ECC champion could be crowned Friday night at Darkhorse stadium(Senior Night) both teams coming off of bad loses both will be looking to get back in the win column and build some momentum going into the postseason.....For Clinton doubt many outside of Sampson County thought we would be in this position....New Coaching staff new system etc etc 6-2 currently a chance to improve to 7-2 and win a conf championship(With a WRH win over ED) thats pretty good for Coach Johnson & company in their first season....

With any complacency and over confidence surely gone now should hope to see the usual Clinton team we have watched all season.....if Jalen is unable to go Wallace,Boogie,Evans others will need to step up not sure if Donte returns this week or in the postseason if he does that will help bolster that secondary( not sure if i would play him on offense)

Ultimately think this game will come down to Clinton's defense being able to stop/contain JKs passing

Reactions: StallionSWO
And it seems like JK’s #4 is out for the rest of the season(Hope he gets well soon). Looking at the stats, he was Avent's top receiver. #1 has the second most yards. Avent has nearly 1,500 yards passing which is either tops in the league or close to it. The Horses are going to have to show more of their 'bend but don't break' defense, because Avent appears to be most effective when he's throwing on the run. Secondary must stick to their man and not bite when he scrambles, as a few of the videos show. I don't care if he throws for 500 yards, the Horses have to win this game if they want any chance at the conference crown.

I’m not really concerned with JK winning or losing all I care about is if the team shows up ready to play. The boys should still be embarrassed for their effort last Thursday.

Reactions: Otis4411
And it seems like JK’s #4 is out for the rest of the season(Hope he gets well soon). Looking at the stats, he was Avent's top receiver. #1 has the second most yards. Avent has nearly 1,500 yards passing which is either tops in the league or close to it. The Horses are going to have to show more of their 'bend but don't break' defense, because Avent appears to be most effective when he's throwing on the run. Secondary must stick to their man and not bite when he scrambles, as a few of the videos show. I don't care if he throws for 500 yards, the Horses have to win this game if they want any chance at the conference crown.

Before the season started i actually asked some Scotland posters about Coach Johnson and they said he had a great defensive scheme for front 7 but his scheme in the secondary was questionable and i have kinda seen it.....im sure the injuries and stuff hurt but im just not sure what coversges we be in......Wallace game RB would be open in thr flats and TE open over middle or on corner route EVERY TIME......not sure if it was man or zone or both but guys shouldnt be running that wide open on obvious passing down even if you bite on the run........i hope all that gets corrected

Before the season started i actually asked some Scotland posters about Coach Johnson and they said he had a great defensive scheme for front 7 but his scheme in the secondary was questionable and i have kinda seen it.....im sure the injuries and stuff hurt but im just not sure what coversges we be in......Wallace game RB would be open in thr flats and TE open over middle or on corner route EVERY TIME......not sure if it was man or zone or both but guys shouldnt be running that wide open on obvious passing down even if you bite on the run........i hope all that gets corrected
Yes, it seems that the staff needs to spend more time on secondary defense. Last year was flipped, we had great pass defense, run defense was more sketchy.

If Clinton wins and WRH wins Clinton wins conference by tiebreak. No Co-Champions. At least that is my understanding of it, correct me if I’m wrong.
No, you're correct. There are several different scenarios, such as Clinton and ED winning, then there will be co-champs. But let's just kill that scenario by the Horses and Bulldogs winning Friday LOL!

No, you're correct. There are several different scenarios, such as Clinton and ED winning, then there will be co-champs. But let's just kill that scenario by the Horses and Bulldogs winning Friday LOL!

No if ED wins and we win...ED is champion cause they beat us

As far as i understand it there will be no co champs.....ED wins Clinton wins ED Champ.....Clinton wins WRH wins...Clinton champ....Jk wins ED wins.....JK champ.....WRH wins JK wins....WRH Champ

As far as i understand it there will be no co champs.....ED wins Clinton wins ED Champ.....Clinton wins WRH wins...Clinton champ....Jk wins ED wins.....JK champ.....WRH wins JK wins....WRH Champ
Basically, we'll be wearing half Gold and half Orange shirts Friday LOL!

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Us fans can focus on that but these teams just need to go out and play the game.....for Clinton even if ED wins and we dont get the conference crown every win counts for seeding especially for us already handicapped with a 9 game schedule.....you hope for a win and a ED loss atleast guranteed one home playoff game as we would probably be the lowest seeded conf champ.....lose Friday gas up the buses cause we going be doing some traveling

Yea at this point sure a conference championship would be nice but desire and effort are all I care about seeing. JK better play with a chip on shoulder because no doubts Clinton will. Poor secondary play may not matter if y’alls pass rush is there

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
Hoping for some healthy returning players for Clinton.

Seriously we have yet to play with a "Full Deck" all season not since the jamboree......not just talking about any body i mean we been without 2 way starters all year.....would love to see how we look with all the keys guys on the field at the same time for once

Seriously we have yet to play with a "Full Deck" all season not since the jamboree......not just talking about any body i mean we been without 2 way starters all year.....would love to see how we look with all the keys guys on the field at the same time for once

Yea but everybody is in that situation now. We’ve been lucky up to this point not to have lost any more than we have.

We will miss Jalen #4 more on the defensive side of the ball than offensive. I just don’t see how Avent will be able to do his damage on Clinton. If Kaba spy’s on him all night that will make him one dimensional and take away his ability to run. Avent does his best when scrambling and throwing and unless the team comes with a different attitude Avent will be running for his life.

We will miss Jalen #4 more on the defensive side of the ball than offensive. I just don’t see how Avent will be able to do his damage on Clinton. If Kaba spy’s on him all night that will make him one dimensional and take away his ability to run. Avent does his best when scrambling and throwing and unless the team comes with a different attitude Avent will be running for his life.
Well, I do know that we can't afford to play Kaba both ways if they expect him to have the energy to chase Avent around. But you also have to worry about the other LB Javah Cruse, who, in my opinion is a mirror image of Kaba, but 2 inches shorter.

Well, I do know that we can't afford to play Kaba both ways if they expect him to have the energy to chase Avent around. But you also have to worry about the other LB Javah Cruse, who, in my opinion is a mirror image of Kaba, but 2 inches shorter.

Yes Cruse doesnt get enough credit he is a all conf linebacker led the team in tackles last year while also playing on the offensive line aswell...great player great kid he will play at the next level

Reactions: dogs79
Clinton defense will be looking to redeem itself...a very uncharacteristic and lackluster effort the other night....alot of missed tackles thats samething we really havent done alot of this season and that big talented dline getting knocked off the ball.....look for the defense especially the front 7 to get after it Friday night

Our secondary can’t get sucked in when Avent starts scrambling!! DB’s: watch Avent’s eyes, and don’t let those receivers get behind you! I’d rather have them make short passes than to have him scramble around and chuck the ball up.

Its hard for DBs to stick with WRs once the QB starts scrambling....its no longer a route you can guess or anticipate its total improvising at that point when WRs break off their routes to get open....best thing we can do is contain that QB pressure him to make a bad throw into coverage

Looks like the ECC games this Friday night will decide the seeding and brackets of far eastern 2A. To many combinations to keep track of. My Stallions will probably be a 4 seed or maybe 3 if EB, SC and Kinston games have the right outcome for us. In any case there will be a lot of big 1st and 2nd round games. Good luck to all.

Good luck clinton, IMO shut down avert and should have this game won. Man have them dc tiger boys really went into hiding fast!!!!

Reactions: 1True-Fan
Y’all probably don’t have to play him both ways. Where does he play on offense?

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
I'm pulling for JK in this one but I just don't see Jk beating Clinton without #4. It would have been tough enough with him but without him I don't think it's going to happen. #4 was their best player on defense and was their biggest weapon on offense other than the QB. Avent already has so much of this team on his shoulders without #4 I think it's just to much. I do like watching Avent play though. He is a player and can make something out of nothing if you give him just a little time. Pray #4 gets better soon, I think he is also a really good basketball player.

Reactions: DuplinCountyTiger
I think we are going to try and put the ball in the hands of #3 90% of the time. Not 100% sure but he may be lining up at WR to try and replace #4.

Clinton 808 adm number definitely 2A as stated earlier.....the number 808 has some significance to some kids in Clinton especially the ones that live uptown....everyone knows about 808 Barden Street....maybe our lucky number lol

Does anyone have an idea as to what kind of seeding the ECC teams are looking at. Would a 1st place conference finish get a #4 seed and a last place get a #14?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT