ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton @ ED

TD Pass2

Nov 25, 2016
Let’s go ahead and get this started because this is a highly anticipated game. An old ECC rivalry here. Clinton has ALWAYS seemed to have our number in the playoffs, but I think this year will be different.

ED by 10. Let’s go Panthers!

Predictions are more than welcomed!

Reactions: UNC91
Obviously we know we have our hands full with what ED does offensively strong methodical ball control. Talk about total different spectrums HC was all flash and dash now we have to defend ground and pound atleast it calls for a simpler game plan. Win the line of scrimmage make tackles can we do it? We shall see. ED will look to limit our possessions on offense. If we can establish our passing game and steal a couple possessions winning isn’t impossible. I like our chances.

ED will pound on the ground and occasionally slip a TE or HB out for a pass. QB waggles, lots of power big boy football.

Clinton will look to score and do it a bunch. Key for Clinton, score every time you touch it because ED may only let you get it 4-5 times maybe.

Hate I’ll miss this one. Last time BH rolled the dice and went for two, only stop we got and won. Will it come down to that again, who knows, but I’m backing my guys.

35-28 CHS! Go horses.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
The few conversations I have had with Coach Johnson in person he always mentioned how good of a Coach Battle Holley is so tremendous amount of respect for what he does think the focus for us this week has to be winning at the point of attack on both sides of the ball and execution on defense…gotta win the early downs against a offense like this force them into the 3rd and longs then when you get those get off the freaking field tonight many times we had HC in favorable down and distance and gave up big plays can’t happen next week………yes offense has to score cause like 04 said ED ain’t giving you many opportunities with that type of offense

I think the biggest part of winning for Clinton is capitalizing on all possessions. Our offense is gonna drain the clock like they have all season and play “stout” defense. The Panthers rely on the other team making a mistake and taking advantage of that mistake. Do I think we are a powerhouse like some schools? No. Do I think we put 11 young men on the field that play fundamental football? Heck yes! And that’s what keeps us in the game/wins us the game. Coach Holley does a heck of a job week in and week out as far as preparation and I will stand by that! Go Panthers!

Reactions: dogs79
They do what they do. I saw them vs Clinton in 7 on 7 they ran like one spread play, threw a pick and then next series went under center and ran Wing-T in 7 on 7.

They know if down late it’s trouble but if they stay within a possession of anyone they gonna pound you into the ground to score.

Battle is a great coach, his plan was effective vs WRH, and I know he will have a plan to slow us down to. It’s gonna be a fun game of cat n mouse or in this case Panther n Horse

Reactions: Otis4411 and dogs79
Yeah a 8 min drive will kill any momentum the opposing offense has or think they have…..it’s the perfect offense if your up late in a game with 9-8 mins left…..why it’s important defense for us wins on early downs gotta get them in like a 3rd 8 or more maybe force a pass or something but gotta get them out of their comfort zone…..

Historically speaking ….Clinton is East Duplin’s boogeyman. They’ve ended plenty of really good teams from Beulaville’s season.

I have no clue , but I guess the advantage goes to the home team. ED by 3.

Last edited:
Yeah a 8 min drive will kill any momentum the opposing offense has or think they have…..it’s the perfect offense if your up late in a game with 9-8 mins left…..why it’s important defense for us wins on early downs gotta get them in like a 3rd 8 or more maybe force a pass or something but gotta get them out of their comfort zone…..
ED is excellent at converting 3rd down and 4th when needed

If JK wasn't coming to Whiteville, I would go to that game because i know it will be worth the money. I will go with ED because Brian is their helping Battle. I think maybe 21 to 14. Does that sound about right?

If JK wasn't coming to Whiteville, I would go to that game because i know it will be worth the money. I will go with ED because Brian is their helping Battle. I think maybe 21 to 14. Does that sound about right?
I think you're in the neighborhood.

They do what they do. I saw them vs Clinton in 7 on 7 they ran like one spread play, threw a pick and then next series went under center and ran Wing-T in 7 on 7.

They know if down late it’s trouble but if they stay within a possession of anyone they gonna pound you into the ground to score.

Battle is a great coach, his plan was effective vs WRH, and I know he will have a plan to slow us down to. It’s gonna be a fun game of cat n mouse or in this case Panther n Horse

East Duplin can throw it if they have to. They're not dropping back like the Tampa Bay Bucs or anything, but if the down calls for it, they have some effective plays.

This game is gonna be a battle. It always is.

Forecast is calling for 40% chance of rain Friday. Clinton may not be able to air it out as much if it's raining during the game. But we have a ground game as well. Say what you will, but I think these teams always had great respect for one another.

42- 28 ED. Clinton's offense is as good as any but can't make up enough from what their defense is going to give up.

Yes, seems like coach Johnson can't get outta his own way. Clinton fall behind quick and early
Coach Johnson is a hell of a coach. If I’m not mistaken he is 2-1 vs East Duplin since he has been coach at Clinton. That 1 loss was the only conference loss Clinton had in 3 years under his regime. Now, say what you want about the horses, but that damn man can coach, and the horses will be ready. They may not win, but it’ll be because we just got beat by a better team, NOT because we were our coached. Just my two cents, which doesn’t mean much, either way, Go Horses!

Thing I respect the most about a team like East Duplin is you know exactly what they are bout to do it’s no secret trap,iso,buck sweep,dive,counter,double iso,wham bam thank you ma’am…straight smash mouth 3 yards and a cloud of dust football question is can you stop it. I honestly feel better bout our defense playing in tight then when we have to play teams that spread us out and make us play in open space. Kinston had success passing the ball vs ED i think we will too. If defense can make stops and get off the field I think we have a good chance to shock some folks Friday night.

I been extremely critical of the defense at times this year in bigger games I still forget that at one point this last Friday we had 3 freshmen and 4 sophomores out there starting most of them that was their first taste of playoff football……they are going to continue to get better last week i would hope some confidence was gained last week defense stepped up when they had to ….having 3 starters back on that side of the ball this week should help aswell

ED will pound on the ground and occasionally slip a TE or HB out for a pass. QB waggles, lots of power big boy football.

Clinton will look to score and do it a bunch. Key for Clinton, score every time you touch it because ED may only let you get it 4-5 times maybe.

Hate I’ll miss this one. Last time BH rolled the dice and went for two, only stop we got and won. Will it come down to that again, who knows, but I’m backing my guys.

35-28 CHS! Go horses.
If you only get ball 4or 5 times for whole game chances are you lose. I like Clinton in this game very close.

Thing I respect the most about a team like East Duplin is you know exactly what they are bout to do it’s no secret trap,iso,buck sweep,dive,counter,double iso,wham bam thank you ma’am…straight smash mouth 3 yards and a cloud of dust football question is can you stop it. I honestly feel better bout our defense playing in tight then when we have to play teams that spread us out and make us play in open space. Kinston had success passing the ball vs ED i think we will too. If defense can make stops and get off the field I think we have a good chance to shock some folks Friday night.
Post is spot-on. ED is gonna line them up and pound it over and over until you do something to stop it. They will try to catch the defense off guard by sneaking the TE out for a quick pass. ED will not shoot themselves in the foot with silly penalties either. Both teams very well coached for sure. Haven’t seen Clinton play so just going by your analysis of the team and taking a guess that ED wins a fairly close one, 28-22

East Duplin defense is solid and the offense is going to score often. 31 to 20 East Duplin.

Reactions: dogs79
Clinton’s offense continues to be efficient and defense does just enough….Horses escape with a 24-21 victory

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT