ADVERTISEMENT

#30 AL Brown at #3 Mooresville

MHSBigBlue06

Jun 19, 2022
Just gonna post this now because I don’t see any scenario where this match up doesn’t change.

Just played these guys a couple weeks ago, and played like poo. Now that we both have our big rivalry games in the rear view… let’s see how this one goes. As we found out… STOP HERRON. lol. If that man gets into open space it is a wrap. But also have to stay on the WRs outside… because ALB has 3 all conference caliber WRs and I would argue the best QB (top 2 for sure) in the league in CJ Gray.

I wouldn’t expect us to do anything different from what we normally do offensively… run run run. We are who we are in that regard.

Hopefully this time ALB brings a much larger crowd to spice up the environment

Not saying we’re going to win at all but I’d rather play y’all then most of the other top seeds….. I expect about the same outcome as a couple of weeks ago. I would expect more fan to show up surely.

Dangerous seed for Mooresville. I'd be a little weary about playing the Wonders a second time. I remember the 1994 playoffs, T.W. Andrews was the #1 team in NC and riding an 11-game winning streak and 23 of their last 25 and Kannapolis shocked them 14-0.

That 1994 K-town squad was a lot like this year, not very strong, lost a lot of close games, but showed up when it got cold out side.

we were talking at the bell game last night. slowly but surly Mooresville is starting to become a big rival… Concord just doesn’t show up anymore in the stands or on the field. It’s honestly sad

Dangerous seed for Mooresville. I'd be a little weary about playing the Wonders a second time. I remember the 1994 playoffs, T.W. Andrews was the #1 team in NC and riding an 11-game winning streak and 23 of their last 25 and Kannapolis shocked them 14-0.

That 1994 K-town squad was a lot like this year, not very strong, lost a lot of close games, but showed up when it got cold out side.
Yeah it’s the first thing many I’ve talked to said. On top of possible other rematches down the line… we aren’t too thrilled lol. If we play our game and focus… I think we win. I still contest on paper ALB has the second best offense in our conference on paper with the weapons they have… and I think you could make the argument it might be the best collection of offensive talent. If their defense plays at the intensity they did the last time we played… they have a real chance to end our season. Yes they gave up big plays, but I don’t recall many, if any, times that MVL was able to really sustain a long drive.

Reactions: 84k
Tbh right now I think I’m 50/50. I feel like our execution these last 3 weeks, especially on the offensive side… has not be sharp at all. I’m hoping now that we’re beyond the LKN game that we refocus and start executing at the level we were before.

I genuinely think this could be a low scoring game… 21-14 kinda stuff, but this will be a one score game either way I think

I feel like ALB will be the trendy upset pick in round one… because their roster is much better than their record and they’re playing well the second half of the year

Reactions: 84k
I believe ALB will be more prepared. Could see more of defensive battle this go around. How is the injury report. Any injuries of players or mostly healthy for each team.

I agree I think Mooresville will be fine
Everything is going right for Mooresville this year. Mooresville will move on to play MT Tabor or Davie County.
With all due respect - Coming as a Blue Devil Fan We haven’t been to 3rd round since 2011 - So our playoff success has Been non existent so I want to believe we will do well but history has shown we haven’t came to play in playoffs in past years but This is the year we could make noise but Have to play well

With all due respect - Coming as a Blue Devil Fan We haven’t been to 3rd round since 2011 - So our playoff success has Been non existent so I want to believe we will do well but history has shown we haven’t came to play in playoffs in past years but This is the year we could make noise but Have to play well
Totally understandable. Cautiously optimistic.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
I think if Mooresville ends up winning and Davie wins it might be tough because Davie will want revenge from losing to Mooresville earlier in the season.
Mooresville will want revenge for even allowing that to be competitive at the end. It wasn’t close until we got ourselves in a bind by subbing too early. Something that has almost bit us a couple times this year

Reactions: Deacsfan
Well if nothing else our two Facebook pages are bringing back the excitement of the rivalry in the fan bases. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so much back and forth between these two 😂😂

I see CP has Butler at 4 and Mooresville at 5 in the 4A ranks. Let just say they meet up 3rd rd. It will be very interesting. But 1st Mooresville has to take care of business for the 1st 2 rds.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Speaking of what is a mascot for AL Brown is. What’s a Wonder. Years ago for some reason or another I always thought the mascot was a Jenny holding a magical wand with stars around it. So if they ever decide to have a mascot. This would be it. Lol

Last edited:
Simmons has Mooresville by 36.
Realistically… we suck when the cold weather arrives. This has historically been the case (at least the last 10 years). With how cold it’s going to be, I fully expect this game to be close.

I believe ALB will be more prepared. Could see more of defensive battle this go around. How is the injury report. Any injuries of players or mostly healthy for each team.
Just like I thought it would be. More of a defensive battle. With low scoring

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT