ADVERTISEMENT

Mooresville at Hickory Ridge

MHSBigBlue06

Jun 19, 2022
The Game that many have had circled for a while now… Mooresville makes the trip down to Harrisburg to take on Hickory Ridge.

Records are a bit deceiving if you look at them… HR has played a gauntlet of a schedule… i wouldn’t say we played a cup cake schedule but it definitely does not compare to theirs.

Both teams come in still with their struggles. HR still looking to get the defense to be more consistent… and Mooresville doing the same, but on the other side of the ball.

I think you could genuinely call this a 50/50 game… but I still lean HR here. At home for them, they have more play makers on offense, if they get themselves into a shootout, I think it favors HR. Now of the Mooresville defense can assert itself, and they are very good on that side of the ball, and turn this into the slow, smash mouth pace of play Mooresville wants… then it could go the other way. I just don’t think either team will be able to stop one other consistently, and in a shoot out I favor HR.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Right now HR defense isn’t very good. Kannapolis moved the ball on them all night..

Side note… went to the Selma Burke vs Mooresville middle football game tonight…. Both undefeated and both feeder programs into MHS… man apparently the entire city had the same idea. I’ve never seen that big of a crowd before for any middle school football game

The way Mooresville is growing and the talent coming up I can see Mooresville eventually being with these top tier teams in 4A. Time will tell.

Side note… went to the Selma Burke vs Mooresville middle football game tonight…. Both undefeated and both feeder programs into MHS… man apparently the entire city had the same idea. I’ve never seen that big of a crowd before for any middle school football game
I read where there was estimated of 6,000+ fans at this game. Very impressive for a middle school game.

Last edited:
I seen pictures of the game on Facebook now I can’t find them. Did they change their Facebook page. What was the name of it.

I seen pictures of the game on Facebook now I can’t find them. Did they change their Facebook page. What was the name of it.
No. I run that Facebook page… it got put in Facebook jail for some dumb reason (I still have no clue why) lol. If you look up Zayflix on Facebook, he shared my post of the picture from my personal page.

I read where there was estimated of 6,000+ fans at this game. Very impressive for a middle school game.
I could believe that. The line to get it 45 minutes before kickoff wrapped around the build out towards the main road. They delayed kickoff by like 20 minutes to get as many people into the stadium before it started as they could

Reactions: 84k and Vik-Val 86
No. I run that Facebook page… it got put in Facebook jail for some dumb reason (I still have no clue why) lol. If you look up Zayflix on Facebook, he shared my post of the picture from my personal page.
Ok. I had a feeling you ran that page.

Reactions: MHSBigBlue06
26?! Wtf lol. There ain’t NO WAY. 😂😂😂

I lean HR but whoever wins, won’t be by more than 10.

Like I’m not shocked we are favored…. It’s the 26 that got me. It would imply one of 2 things…. Either our offense is scoring 50+ (and we won’t, we aren’t built to light up a scoreboard like that)… or our defense holds them to under 10… which I’m not sure is likely either.

Mooresville came from behind to win 35-33 (might’ve been 34-33, couldn’t really hear the announcer).

We trailed 27-10 I think it was in the 3Q. We stay undefeated with the win, HR takes their first loss

Mooresville came from behind to win 35-33 (might’ve been 34-33, couldn’t really hear the announcer).

We trailed 27-10 I think it was in the 3Q. We stay undefeated with the win, HR takes their first loss
34-33 from what I seen.

Reactions: MHSBigBlue06
Who won the MS game? Selma Burke or Mooresville? LOL. MS sports are big now. Went to a CMS game on Tuesday and it was jam packed. With the CMS playoff MS games are getting more attendance and hype.

Watching the game on NFHS now…HR defense would have trouble stopping a nosebleed. All of the points they have given up hasn’t been a fluke - they are that bad on defense.

Freakin 4th quarter gave me damn anxiety. Like play damn football and stop trying to punk the other team.

Hats off to HR for never quitting. Frankly they deserved to win just based on the fourth qtr. A shame be the score won’t show how dominant Mooresville was for 3. It was like 42-7 after 3

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT