ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton at Kinston-Round 2

FOOTBALLFANTIC

Nov 16, 2001
The Horses travel to see the Vikings next Friday. Kinston is undefeated at 11-0, but has had several close games in conference play, and defeated conference foe Ayden-Grifton in overtime. Clinton rolled over James Kenan for the second time in as many weeks. What is everyone's thoughts on this game?

The Horses travel to see the Vikings next Friday. Kinston is undefeated at 11-0, but has had several close games in conference play, and defeated conference foe Ayden-Grifton in overtime. Clinton rolled over James Kenan for the second time in as many weeks. What is everyone's thoughts on this game?

Clinton will roll over Kinston!! Kinston barely beat North Lenoir 20-19 and North Lenoir went 0-11 this year!! Kinston has a Very very weak schedule! But hey it is the playoffs and anything can happen!

Reactions: 1SWO
Besides the schedule anyone have any idea what type offense they run....are they run based passed based or pretty balanced if its anything like their basketball program i expect them to be athletic....weak schedule regardless its the playoffs their at home and they undefeated we better bring it

And question is Donte done for the year? I thought i heard a couple weeks ago that he would be back late in the year/playoff time........if so that sucks was hoping he would be back to solidify the backend but man the emergence of #16 Simpson has been something....not alot of good came out that East Duplin gain but they saw something with that young man on both sides of the ball......not the biggest guy but fast very fast.....its that time of year everyone stepping up

Besides the schedule anyone have any idea what type offense they run....are they run based passed based or pretty balanced if its anything like their basketball program i expect them to be athletic....weak schedule regardless its the playoffs their at home and they undefeated we better bring it
Not sure what they do now but we played them several years ago and they were athletic and spread it out.

They don't show their stats on Maxpreps, but looking at the game recaps from their schedule, they've had a couple of balanced games, but it seems most of the games were one-sided with more passing yards than rushing. But at the same time, Greene Central had well over 300 yards rushing against them, so I don't think the Horses will have any trouble moving the ball against them.

Kinston beat an 0-11 team by one point. Hate going off scores, but Kinston looks super down this year. Some speed and athletics but no size and not alot of players dressed. Clinton by 30

Kinston beat an 0-11 team by one point. Hate going off scores, but Kinston looks super down this year. Some speed and athletics but no size and not alot of players dressed. Clinton by 30
Yeah, I saw in their last regular season game they only had 27 players dressed. As long as the Horses can limit the big plays and control the clock, they should win this game.

Yeah definitely need to pressure that QB same rules that applied the last 2 weeks apply this one.....i like to see our LBs continue to blitz....DBs will need to stick with their guys WRs based off video look athletic miss a tackle and its a big gain.....like JK they seem to live off the big plays.......like someone said above going against a good QB and athletic WRs the last couple weeks prepared us for this game

Reactions: PackHorses
Yeah definitely need to pressure that QB same rules that applied the last 2 weeks apply this one.....i like to see our LBs continue to blitz....DBs will need to stick with their guys WRs based off video look athletic miss a tackle and its a big gain.....like JK they seem to live off the big plays.......like someone said above going against a good QB and athletic WRs the last couple weeks prepared us for this game
As I said previously, looking at their defense we should be able to move the ball against them, so one of our best defenses would be to limit the number of possessions from their offense. If we get in the red zone we must come away with points, preferably six rather than three. The potentially next two teams will be slinging the ball around, so the coaches must get the team more prepared.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
I agree still wondering about Donte coming back especially if we make it past Kinston we seriously need all hands on deck if we make that trip to Elizabeth City

I hope we really show out and wake some people up Friday night. What better way to do it then against a undefeated conf champ on the road

I hope we really show out and wake some people up Friday night. What better way to do it then against a undefeated conf champ on the road
This wouldn't wake anybody up. The entire east is expecting y'all to stomp Kinston out like a cigarette butt. We'd actually have questions about the Darkhorses if you don't win by a million.

This wouldn't wake anybody up. The entire east is expecting y'all to stomp Kinston out like a cigarette butt. We'd actually have questions about the Darkhorses if you don't win by a million.

Most do but apparently some still have questions about us

Most do but apparently some still have questions about us
The scary thing about the Dark Horses is that we've not been playing full strength the entire year. If we ever get full strength the longer we stay in the playoffs, watch out! I did like Coach Johnson using Jalen Smith down in the red zone, using him in limited capacity. But he was extremely effective.

Reactions: DarkHorseFan66
The scary thing about the Dark Horses is that we've not been playing full strength the entire year. If we ever get full strength the longer we stay in the playoffs, watch out! I did like Coach Johnson using Jalen Smith down in the red zone, using him in limited capacity. But he was extremely effective.

Dont think we will ever quite get to 100% Sloan is done for the year and its looking like Donte not coming back this year either....but with everything thats happened for us to still be in the position we are in is big credit to Coach Johnson and staff also other guys stepping up

Hopefully with Coach Johnson and future teams there will be more kids participating so the teams can become deeper, possibly to the point we won't have as many players going both ways all the time, like South Columbus, or have the depth of Reidsville.

Hopefully with Coach Johnson and future teams there will be more kids participating so the teams can become deeper, possibly to the point we won't have as many players going both ways all the time, like South Columbus, or have the depth of Reidsville.

Hopefully he can talk some of them b ball players into playing football also thats been a issue in Clinton for last couple years too many "one" sport athletes.....back when i was in school everybody played everything wasnt no such thing as focusing on one sport.......imagine if Brian Williams or Brian Howard,Darrell Steele,Rock Wells, Nick Cooper, JT Cox,Jamar Hicks,Herbert Dixon etc etc only played basketball......just saying we could use some of those 6'2-6'4 guys on the football field as WRs and DBs evern the ones not that tall just more athletes on the field the more the merrier

Hopefully he can talk some of them b ball players into playing football also thats been a issue in Clinton for last couple years too many "one" sport athletes.....back when i was in school everybody played everything wasnt no such thing as focusing on one sport.......imagine if Brian Williams or Brian Howard,Darrell Steele,Rock Wells, Nick Cooper, JT Cox,Jamar Hicks,Herbert Dixon etc etc only played basketball......just saying we could use some of those 6'2-6'4 guys on the football field as WRs and DBs evern the ones not that tall just more athletes on the field the more the merrier
And the 'one sport' athletes in a smaller school like Clinton really hurts versus a larger school. When I was at Clinton, many of the football players, particularly the running backs, also ran track to help with their speed. And studies have shown that kids only concentrating on one sport can be detrimental to them due to overuse of certain muscles and tendons. Many of todays pro athletes like Pat Mahomes were multi-sport athletes in high school. Mahomes was actually such a great basketball player that he could have gotten a scholarship in that sport as well. If we can get at least a 45-50 man roster, that would greatly enhance our depth.

And the 'one sport' athletes in a smaller school like Clinton really hurts versus a larger school. When I was at Clinton, many of the football players, particularly the running backs, also ran track to help with their speed. And studies have shown that kids only concentrating on one sport can be detrimental to them due to overuse of certain muscles and tendons. Many of todays pro athletes like Pat Mahomes were multi-sport athletes in high school. Mahomes was actually such a great basketball player that he could have gotten a scholarship in that sport as well. If we can get at least a 45-50 man roster, that would greatly enhance our depth.

All true...would love for them to get Nick Smith out there next year i believe he played in middle school 6"4 freshman would make a nice target at WR.....next season the QB battle should be between Smith and King both have good arms we just need to find some WRs.....and i agree with the 45-50 man roster...hopefully we will get all thise guys who couldnt play this year back....Jahiem,Camron,Ja'Melle, etc etc.....i hate thinking about the woulda shoulda coulda but if we had those guys out here this year...man....i think we would be undefeated right now.....well hopefully they all return for there senior season next year....if so we gonna be FAST

All true...would love for them to get Nick Smith out there next year i believe he played in middle school 6"4 freshman would make a nice target at WR.....next season the QB battle should be between Smith and King both have good arms we just need to find some WRs.....and i agree with the 45-50 man roster...hopefully we will get all thise guys who couldnt play this year back....Jahiem,Camron,Ja'Melle, etc etc.....i hate thinking about the woulda shoulda coulda but if we had those guys out here this year...man....i think we would be undefeated right now.....well hopefully they all return for there senior season next year....if so we gonna be FAST
I see that Nick Smith is on the JV basketball roster this year. Yes, maybe he will consider playing next year, would be a great addition to the team at WR or QB. He would be the tallest QB since L.C. Stevens and Brian Williams. Hopefully those boys you mentioned could come back next year to replace some of the Seniors we'll be losing this year.

I see that Nick Smith is on the JV basketball roster this year. Yes, maybe he will consider playing next year, would be a great addition to the team at WR or QB. He would be the tallest QB since L.C. Stevens and Brian Williams. Hopefully those boys you mentioned could come back next year to replace some of the Seniors we'll be losing this year.

The Smith i was referring is Blake so it should be between him and King #7 for QB next year....now Nick Smith i would put at WR with that 6'4 frame.......i thought he was on varsity

Reactions: Wizard of the East
Clinton looked very solid last week. Made halftime adjustments well and played a complete ball game. Doing all the right things they should advance in this one and win by at least 14

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT