ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton at Kinston-Round 2

Big pass play down to the Clinton 37......look for Kinston to go to the ground start and kill this clock

Well not exactly dead need to score and a 2 point conv but as we all know our offense is not built for this type of situation.....3:26 left.....ball hasnt bounced our way all night....we need something now

Evans down to the 24 2:20 left....wallace to the outside down to the 4 yard line 1st and goal....2:01

We need to move faster 2nd and goal....1:20 left.....incomplete pass.....3rd and goal from the 4 1:09 left......2 down 4 yards thats all we need and then you need your best offensive play call for the 2 point conv

And the story of our season false start kills the TD.....now its 4th and goal from the 6 so you basically have to pass

But I will give the team this, they really overachieved this year, especially when the conference was supposed to be only a two-team race between ED and Wallace. On to basketball season, maybe the guys coming off the football team can provide them a boost since they're 0-1.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Why not call a timeout and get your guys settled before the attempt we got the false start on....smh idk but that one hurts

Reactions: 1SWO1
To Senior Football players not the story book ending we all wanted but no reason to hang your head great season great career at Clinton thank you for all your hardwork and dedication to the program its impact goes alot further than the final score on that score board thank you again it was a absolute pleasure to watch this team grow this year. Thank you to the parents for allowing these young men to play a sport we all love.thank you coaches for the time and effort you put in with these players......underclassmen next season starts now....Handle business in the classroom!!!!.....ill say it again handle your business in the classroom STAY ELIGIBLE!!!!!!.....weightroom,weightroom,weightroom, conditioning....one more time for the 2018 season #GoHorses

To Senior Football players not the story book ending we all wanted but no reason to hang your head great season great career at Clinton thank you for all your hardwork and dedication to the program its impact goes alot further than the final score on that score board thank you again it was a absolute pleasure to watch this team grow this year. Thank you to the parents for allowing these young men to play a sport we all love.thank you coaches for the time and effort you put in with these players......underclassmen next season starts now....Handle business in the classroom!!!!.....ill say it again handle your business in the classroom STAY ELIGIBLE!!!!!!.....weightroom,weightroom,weightroom, conditioning....one more time for the 2018 season #GoHorses
That's alright horses,we'll carry the ECC

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
Well, it was one of the most undisciplined DarkHorses football performances I've ever seen and we still remained in the game. There was simply no way to win the game with that many mental mistakes. Take nothing away from Kinston, I have to give them credit, they were better and more physical than I expected. Its hard to judge the talent of a team based on who they play, They can't help who they play mostly. Kinston is the type of team if you overlook them and make some bobo's, you're in trouble. This game was very much like our game with East Duplin. The Horses started the game with the ball only to commit 3 successive false starts and its 1st and 25. The game went that way. A lack of discipline which is disappointing because under different circumstances I believe they should have won the game. My advice to Northeastern is to establish your game quickly. Do not let them hang around. My advise to Kinston, Pray! You will be playing a team that will not make the same mistakes the DarkHorses made, and a team that will take advantage of your mistakes quickly. Good luck to both teams and good luck to SWO & WRH.

Well not many positives to reflect on after a season ending loss but.....looking to the future....we return 6 on defense 7 on offense hopefully Camron,Jahiem,Ja'Melle all are eligible to return next season first 2 were grades Ja'Melle i believe got hurt late last season and i think thats what kept him out this year all 3 difference makers believe me and if they dont oh well the show moves on like it did this year...JV has a couple guys coming up that should help feel some voids good size kids just inexperienced think you will see alot of sophomores on varsity next year.....and it will be interesting to see what type of impact Coach Johnson and staff can have with a full offseason to work with....maybe even searching the halls and getting some kids to play that havent before hoping we snag a bball player or 2 lol.....well good season fellas 8-3 a conf championship not bad for year 1 of the Johnson era.....giod luck to everyone still playing...signing off

Reactions: dogs79
Ballgame congrats to Kinston......this one hurts im telling you.....FALSE START....story of this game

Sounded real simuluar to the way we lost to Kinston. Moved the ball on them all game and made mistake after mistake inside the 20. Time after time. Guess we have to give them credit for not making the mistakes.

Well, it was one of the most undisciplined DarkHorses football performances I've ever seen and we still remained in the game. There was simply no way to win the game with that many mental mistakes. Take nothing away from Kinston, I have to give them credit, they were better and more physical than I expected. Its hard to judge the talent of a team based on who they play, They can't help who they play mostly. Kinston is the type of team if you overlook them and make some bobo's, you're in trouble. This game was very much like our game with East Duplin. The Horses started the game with the ball only to commit 3 successive false starts and its 1st and 25. The game went that way. A lack of discipline which is disappointing because under different circumstances I believe they should have won the game. My advice to Northeastern is to establish your game quickly. Do not let them hang around. My advise to Kinston, Pray! You will be playing a team that will not make the same mistakes the DarkHorses made, and a team that will take advantage of your mistakes quickly. Good luck to both teams and good luck to SWO & WRH.

We'llbe ok this week, our guy behind the mic will be back lol. He missed last night's game due to a death in the family. I'm not sure what the word is to describe it but our stadium and the gameday atmosphere wasn't the same and I believe the players felt it. I even noticed our coach jumpin around and dancing with our players trying to get them fired up pregame. I felt like I was at a Gates County game. I figured Kinston would be better than everyone was stating up here, I mean they were 11-0. That tells me they handled their business all year and I expect nothing different in 6 days.

Reactions: dogs79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT