ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton at Kinston-Round 2

Clinton by 10 ,if they can defend the pass better they will win by 30

Besides one really good play made by the 6'3 WR Clinton DBs did a much better job than the previous week.....i would attack Kinston's spread the same way we played JK the last two weeks

Reactions: 1SWO1
And look for the condition of the field to play a part....i understand it was alot of rain last week that field doesnt look to good based off the videos i watched from the AG game the 65 TD pass that tued the game the AG defender was right there but looks like he slipped and fell wife open WR nothing too impressive......main RB doesnt look overly fast on the highlights i saw looks like he runs hard kinda hard to bring down but nothing like the speed of the backs from Wallace,East Duplin etc.......gonna have to make some tackles in space...i hope we continue to be aggressive sending #84,57,and 3 at the QB

And look for the condition of the field to play a part....i understand it qas alot of rain last week that field doesnt look to good based off the videos i watched from the AG game.......main RB doesnt look overly fast on the highlights i saw looks like he runs hard kinda hard to bring down but nothing like the speed of the backs from Wallace,East Duplin etc.......gonna have to make some tackles in space...i hope we continue to be aggressive sending #84,57,and 3 at the QB

When Cruz blitzes for Clinton he is head hunting, if he doesn’t get to QB, then Kaba is waiting on him.

When Cruz blitzes for Clinton he is head hunting, if he doesn’t get to QB, then Kaba is waiting on him.

Yall been calling Sophmore Westerbeek's name alot lately too.....seems like #3,57,84,11 names get called all night and cant forget how well 88 and 58 have played

Haven't had any rain in a few days so hopefully the field will be dried out by Friday. Looks like the Horses will be facing another athletic QB, so either Kaba or Cruse will have to spy him. I also agree that their back appears slower than the backs the boys have faced during the season. Like I said before, looking at their videos, I don't think we'll have any trouble running on Kinston's D, but we'll have to keep up the pass defense, which has improved in the past couple of weeks.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Haven't had any rain in a few days so hopefully the field will be dried out by Friday. Looks like the Horses will be facing another athletic QB, so either Kaba or Cruse will have to spy him. I also agree that their back appears slower than the backs the boys have faced during the season. Like I said before, looking at their videos, I don't think we'll have any trouble running on Kinston's D, but we'll have to keep up the pass defense, which has improved in the past couple of weeks.

North and south all day the power run will be there.....heavy dose of Knowledge and Ralph(lol) once they start biting hard in the middle hit em with the sweeps

#16 has really emerged and gaining confidence by the week....not the biggest guy but his speed is definitely a asset good change of pace guy....and showed he can catch the ball

North and south all day the power run will be there.....heavy dose of Knowledge and Ralph(lol) once they start biting hard in the middle hit em with the sweeps
Reminiscent of Coach Lewis....pound and pound inside and when they start to stack the box, hit the edges or hit them with a pass. Even if Jalen is used sparingly, if Kinston is tired by the 3rd and 4th quarters, they won't want to mess with 260lbs LOL!

Highschoolot.com has Clinton winning due to their tougher schedule even though Kinston knows how to win close games. Hint: Clinton needs to put it in them!

Highschoolot.com has Clinton winning due to their tougher schedule even though Kinston knows how to win close games. Hint: Clinton needs to put it in them!

I was thinking the same thing yes they haven't played the toughest schedule but they been in some battles so they know how to win close games.....last week showed they had no quit scoring 13 unanswered to win in OT.......if Clinton's gonna win we need to come right out early in punch em in the mouth get a good lead.......let Kinston hang around and i might be talking on the bball forums Saturday

Goal for this week...1-0....i see alot of teams fans overlooking opponents tonight talking bout games that haven't even happened yet......that football bounces funny sometimes....only takes one bad night and your playing basketball

One good omen so far....writer from 910 preps(FayObserver) has picked us to lose 20-16.......lol lets just say she aint no Earl Vaughn

Lol i listened to the podcast a couple times...absolutely no clue
NCPreps has us winning by 9. Like you said the other day, we're gonna have to go out and hit them dead in the mouth from the gate...make this game unquestionable as to who is gonna win. With the number of close games that Kinston has won, obviously they have no quit and know how to win. We will have to have some sustained drives and score points(touchdowns preferably). Gonna have to keep their offense off the field as long as possible.

NCPreps has us winning by 9. Like you said the other day, we're gonna have to go out and hit them dead in the mouth from the gate...make this game unquestionable as to who is gonna win. With the number of close games that Kinston has won, obviously they have no quit and know how to win. We will have to have some sustained drives and score points(touchdowns preferably). Gonna have to keep their offense off the field as long as possible.

Agreed on all....they are undefeated for a reason SOS aside gotta respect any team thats 11-0.....bottomline in a game like this the team with the fewest mistakes usually win.... penalties and turnovers will tell the tell when its all said in done.......if we have a night like that night in Beulaville it will be a long bus ride back to Clinton

Agreed on all....they are undefeated for a reason SOS aside gotta respect any team thats 11-0.....bottomline in a game like this the team with the fewest mistakes usually win.... penalties and turnovers will tell the tell when its all said in done.......if we have a night like that night in Beulaville it will be a long bus ride back to Clinton
Yes, we definitely will have to be much more discipled than the ED game. We can't afford the silly penalties(holding, blocking in the back, false start) tonight. If Jalen can go tonight, even sparingly, that would make a world of difference and would make our Jet Sweep even more effective by softening up the middle.

Hyped myself up for the game watching some old Clinton highlights....off subject but man i truly believe the late Herbert Dixon was just the all around best player to ever put on the Clinton black and gold.....i know we have had alot...Willie Parker,Jerris McPhail,Nick Cooper,Ryheem Skinner,Fuzzy Lee,Leonard Henry etc etc the list goes on.....but man 2 Shot was just a different animal such a competitor dont think there will ever be another like him......he would of made it to the NFL im sure of it.....RIP

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
Hyped myself up for the game watching some old Clinton highlights....off subject but man i truly believe the late Herbert Dixon was just the all around best player to ever put on the Clinton black and gold.....i know we have had alot...Willie Parker,Jerris McPhail,Nick Cooper,Ryheem Skinner,Fuzzy Lee,Leonard Henry etc etc the list goes on.....but man 2 Shot was just a different animal such a competitor dont think there will ever be another like him......he would of made it to the NFL im sure of it.....RIP
He was like L.C. "Wheedy" Stevens in that they were that rare player that could totally take over a game. And they were both excellent basketball players as well.

Almost game time! Clinton, just don't shoot yourselves in the foot tonight, and you should defeat this team!

Big runs by Jalen and Knowledge helped out by a offsides penalty....Clinton offense driving heading towards the redzone at the Kinston 30

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT