ADVERTISEMENT

Andrews @ Mitchell

Honestly mitchell defense last year was lot better. Your backers last year could stop up the middle. Also last year secondary could tackle better.
Mitchell's defense was awesome last year. In my opinion the two best guys were the two interior alignment. They could not be moved. They were big and strong. I only saw them play against Mount airy but they shut that down up the middle. Mount airy still was able to run outside. But they could not run up the middle. Linebackers are always good but nobody's blocking them. Those two guys in the twos and threes were the ones that were the best.

Mitchell's defense was awesome last year. In my opinion the two best guys were the two interior alignment. They could not be moved. They were big and strong. I only saw them play against Mount airy but they shut that down up the middle. Mount airy still was able to run outside. But they could not run up the middle. Linebackers are always good but nobody's blocking them. Those two guys in the twos and threes were the ones that were the best.
Yep

Reactions: roughtrader4444
While I agree there is problems with the D this year I don't if it's as much as the linebackers or secondary as they're getting beat at the line scrimmage.

Last years was stellar led us to Chapel Hill Riddles never went
Wasn't saying last year's was good but yeah Riddle like every other coach before last year didn't take us to the championship but like I said while he had some great defenses he never had enough offense to go deep but some of the lowest scoring games you would see. The first year they started playing the championships at chapel Hill I sat with Swain fans watching Heath Schuler win the game and they told me the toughest game he said he played that year with the hardest hitting defense was Mitchell. Remember to we were still 2A and the conference was tuff you had teams like Owen who then was always in the mix.

Last year was best defense Mitchell ever fielded
I’d agree with the teams I’ve watched over the years, carters junior and senior years were both some of the best defensive groups I’d seen mitchell field. Had a lot of old heritage fans tell me Joe’s junior and senior years were the best back to back years of defense heritage had as well which got us to chapel hill also. We just ran into a buzz saw lol

Reactions: Purple1995
I’d agree with the teams I’ve watched over the years, carters junior and senior years were both some of the best defensive groups I’d seen mitchell field. Had a lot of old heritage fans tell me Joe’s junior and senior years were the best back to back years of defense heritage had as well which got us to chapel hill also. We just ran into a buzz saw lol
Spot on

Reactions: 97Cougar
Here's a question if and doubt they did but if 4 quit who are they? There's 43 players if it was 4 players who were mad because they weren't getting to play then does that really change anything? Other than having 39 players and Mitchell just got beat by a team with only 28.
I tell ya one thing I see more boys getting to play in games than when I played 100 years ago back then we didn't have players coming out for a breather like I see today especially how I see lineman rotating which I think is smart in my time you ether started or you didn't play except maybe special teams especially the lineman they went both ways and I know for a fact that there were lineman who could have rotated in once in while.

Here's a question if and doubt they did but if 4 quit who are they? There's 43 players if it was 4 players who were mad because they weren't getting to play then does that really change anything? Other than having 39 players and Mitchell just got beat by a team with only 28.
I tell ya one thing I see more boys getting to play in games than when I played 100 years ago back then we didn't have players coming out for a breather like I see today especially how I see lineman rotating which I think is smart in my time you ether started or you didn't play except maybe special teams especially the lineman they went both ways and I know for a fact that there were lineman who could have rotated in once in while.
I doubt anyone quit. Kids show emotion after a though hard fought game. There may have been a kid threw his helmet there may have been kids acting mad raising Cain after that game. Some adults will run with that and make it something it wasn’t in a lot of cases. My son grabbed a teammate by the face mask and cussed him up one side and down the other at the game he lost at Mitchell his senior year for not being on the field when y’all blocked that punt in the first half. Could have made more out of that than there was but it’s kids showing emotion who are competitive and want to win. I’d say that’s all it was. Just my opinion.

I imagine some strong emotions spewed out and someone made a mountain out of a molehill. No idea what happened and don’t care as its an internal issue. Teammates will fight each other and say stupid things to coaches all the time. All who played football knows this happens.

I suspect emotions got the best of them and that why I said if true Pitman would smooth it over this week after a cooling of period of the weekend. I think there is 1 kid that would be upset about his role and how he is used. The rest of the kids idk

Right again you usually are ole buddy

All joking aside I want you guys to all pray for two former Mountaineers a father and son going thru a terrible time kid is sick I think most of the Mitchell folks already know who I'm talking about dad and grandpa are legends in our county not only on the football field but elsewhere one serves our country proudly and diligently small child is sick please remember these guys in your prayers I'm distant related and love them all pray that the lord will intervene and maybe bring healing

All joking aside I want you guys to all pray for two former Mountaineers a father and son going thru a terrible time kid is sick I think most of the Mitchell folks already know who I'm talking about dad and grandpa are legends in our county not only on the football field but elsewhere one serves our country proudly and diligently small child is sick please remember these guys in your prayers I'm distant related and love them all pray that the lord will intervene and maybe bring healing
Praying

Reactions: Purple1995
Look I live nowhere near Mitchell County but I do know people in the know. Those Mitchell insiders know I’m right on these things for the most part. The ole telephone game gets started and some details get fuzzy but the core is still there. Anyway I have heard of another pretty big deal but I’m gonna just sit on it because it’s not worth it and y’all just gonna doubt me anyway. If you know though you know. For someone who lives far away I will put my source up against y’all’s living on the doorstep lol

Look I live nowhere near Mitchell County but I do know people in the know. Those Mitchell insiders know I’m right on these things for the most part. The ole telephone game gets started and some details get fuzzy but the core is still there. Anyway I have heard of another pretty big deal but I’m gonna just sit on it because it’s not worth it and y’all just gonna doubt me anyway. If you know though you know. For someone who lives far away I will put my source up against y’all’s living on the doorstep lol
Come on! Give us the scoop lol

Reactions: buzzcoach

Absolutely, will send this request through our families church prayer chain for that family.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT