ADVERTISEMENT

WHC Week 1

Owen down 25-14. Starting rb went down last play first half after being stopped at Enkas 5 trying to go up. 19-14 at the time

I was wrong about Enka not stopping us. Both of our scores were defensive TDS. we have been beat up front all night

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
For those who follow 3A Football this Hunter Huss team has a lot of speed and the QB can make plays with his legs. Draughn looked better in the 2nd Qtr once they settled down. This game will open eyes and force them to play ball next week vs Patton.

Never have recovered from injury in 1st half. Idk if we are bad or Enka is good

For those who follow 3A Football this Hunter Huss team has a lot of speed and the QB can make plays with his legs. Draughn looked better in the 2nd Qtr once they settled down. This game will open eyes and force them to play ball next week vs Patton.
Mitchell has put running clock on a lot of area 3 and 4 a teams last several years which is why we are in Charlotte tonight this is not last years team

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Mitchell has put running clock on a lot of area 3 and 4 a teams last several years which is why we are in Charlotte tonight this is not last years team
Yeah I figured that Erwin got tired of getting beat by a small 1A
Sounds like in this game their young and and young players mistakes because talent wise I believe they're better than Charlotte Latin just keep shooting themselves in the foot with penalties.

Reactions: Purple1995
I will say our kids didn’t quit. Last year when faced with adversity they would lay down. They didn’t do that. 37-14 Enka. Hopefully we get healthy and rebound next week

Reactions: Purple1995
Listening to it on the radio MH didn't quit missed a field goal at the end but they said it was a bad angle. Just the fact that MH has a kicking game this year sounds like they have a really good kicker who puts in the end zone on kickoffs which is usually the weapon Mitchell has.
But against a usually good 2A Chase I believe MH will be tough in the WHC this year.

Listening to it on the radio MH didn't quit missed a field goal at the end but they said it was a bad angle. Just the fact that MH has a kicking game this year sounds like they have a really good kicker who puts in the end zone on kickoffs which is usually the weapon Mitchell has.
But against a usually good 2A Chase I believe MH will be tough in the WHC this year.
Not having a sign of a kicker over Last several years has been a massive problem for Heritage with kickoffs being where its been such a big disadvantage. I would bet on average other team starts drives at about 40 yards line maybe worse Tonight kicker put both kickoffs,that I seen in end zone for touch back ,he also hit a 34 yard fg, that he had to hurry to keep from it being blocked to put heritage up 10 to 7 .

Mountain Heritage should be fine this year as they played a good game tonight. The Cougs are a young team and will improve.

Mitchell had a good win so they are not to sleep on. Draughn lost to a decent 3A team and Avery beats Cherryville. The rest of the conference will hopefully improve.

Cherryville @ Avery

Avery has one of the best QBs in the conference and could put up points this season. Can they stop anybody? Cherryville beat them easily last season but I think this year it will be a close game.

Avery 34
Cherryville 33

Draughn @ Huss

Huss was really strong a few years back but has fallen off. Draughn should be similar to last season with many players returning. This could be a close game but Draughn pulls away late.

Draughn 41
Huss 27

Madison @ Polk County

Madison may struggle to win a game this season. Polk lost a lot too but should win pretty easily

Polk 27
Madison 8

Mitchell @ Charlotte Latin

Long bus ride for the mountaineers down to Charlotte in week 1. Mitchell will play hard and are well coached but Latin should have the advantage up front.

Charlotte Latin 28
Mitchell 14

Chase @ Mountain Heritage

Chase has been good recently and beat the snot of out MH but lost a lot of players. Heritage should be improved but struggled in their scrimmage vs Swain.

Chase 28
Heritage 22

Owen @ Enka

Enka may not have the wins to show for it but have improved some in the last year or 2. This is a game both teams will feel like they should win. I like the home team in another close game

Enka 27
Owen 21

Rosman @ Andrews

Rosman may snatch a win this season but it won't be week 1.

Andrews 35
Rosman 7
You did ok picking except Mitchell why in the world would you think a private school from Charlotte would beat Mountain Grit? I only know of one time Mitchell has ever lost to a private school and that was Thomas Jefferson what you think about hosting your titans at Ledger? Thoughts?

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Mountain Heritage should be fine this year as they played a good game tonight. The Cougs are a young team and will improve.

Mitchell had a good win so they are not to sleep on. Draughn lost to a decent 3A team and Avery beats Cherryville. The rest of the conference will hopefully improve.
I think the Heritage Mitchell game at EL Briggs decides it gonna be a barnburner

Mitchell got out number right now and until that changes we not winning nothing .
It’ll be a barn burner WHC championship will be at EL Briggs when u host Mitchell Draugn is old news I think like our team from last year coming apart from the inside

You did ok picking except Mitchell why in the world would you think a private school from Charlotte would beat Mountain Grit? I only know of one time Mitchell has ever lost to a private school and that was Thomas Jefferson what you think about hosting your titans at Ledger? Thoughts?
Guess I bought into the hype. It could be close for a while but it all depends if McDowell can get over that shocking loss. It's the type of loss that can derail your whole season. They did almost everything better, had more yards, time of possession, up 8 with less than 2 minutes to go inside the opponent 5 yard line then fumble for the 2nd time in a row in the red zone. It's hard to intentionally lose the way McDowell did.

McDowell did some nice things. They have trouble with speed on the edges. The lines are pretty solid. Not much up the middle for RS all night. Mostly option pitches outside. McDowell can pass the ball pretty well and has 1 good WR. The QB is ok but not consistent. They didn't run the ball well until late and they were wearing them out. I feel bad for our sophomore RB. He fumbled 2 times in the 4th quarter where he could have scored each time.

He shouldn't even be on the field much yet but since our former starter is at Asheville scoring 4 TD last night, we have to make due. Maybe I'm different but I think it's weak to quit on your team and move to greener pastures. It's hard enough to win at McDowell much less when your best players transfer. With Ellis I think McDowell would win 5 to 7 games without him 2 to 4.

Guess I bought into the hype. It could be close for a while but it all depends if McDowell can get over that shocking loss. It's the type of loss that can derail your whole season. They did almost everything better, had more yards, time of possession, up 8 with less than 2 minutes to go inside the opponent 5 yard line then fumble for the 2nd time in a row in the red zone. It's hard to intentionally lose the way McDowell did.

McDowell did some nice things. They have trouble with speed on the edges. The lines are pretty solid. Not much up the middle for RS all night. Mostly option pitches outside. McDowell can pass the ball pretty well and has 1 good WR. The QB is ok but not consistent. They didn't run the ball well until late and they were wearing them out. I feel bad for our sophomore RB. He fumbled 2 times in the 4th quarter where he could have scored each time.

He shouldn't even be on the field much yet but since our former starter is at Asheville scoring 4 TD last night, we have to make do. Maybe I'm different but I think it's weak to quit on your team and move to greener pastures. It's hard enough to win at McDowell much less when your best players transfer. With Ellis I think McDowell would win 5 to 7 games without him 2 to 4.
I agree I hate Ellis left I thought he was a beast last year and honestly thought you guys would beat us by 3 scores this year, now I hate to say it I think Mitchell 35 McDowell 14 I may be totally off but that’s my pick

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT