ADVERTISEMENT

WHC Week 5 Predictions

Titanman27

Sep 4, 2019
Avery @ Rosman

Avery is coming off of a big win over McDowell while Rosman has been more respectable this year. Should be a close game.

Avery 28
Rosman 21

Owen @ Draughn

After a tough loss to open the season, Draughn has looked like the best team in the WHC. Should be a blowout this week.

Draughn 48
Owen 13

Madison @ Mitchell

Not much to say here. Mitchell will roll.

Mitchell 42
Madison 6

Mountain Heritage- BYE

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Avery by 21 Mitchell running clock Draughn Running clock also on a side note looking like our JVs may go undefeated good job tonite boys

Noticed that Mitchell JV remains undefeated beating Mtn Heritage
28-12
Game could have went either way. Let’s just say there was an “interesting” call that could have made the game much closer. Heritage also dropped a 4th down pass in the end zone.
I felt both qb’s played outstanding. Vines also had another good game for Mitchell. Heritage won the LOS for much of the game. The Heritage qb can sling it for a freshman. If both groups stay healthy and together they should have some high level games the next few yrs.

Congratulations to the men in Purple.

Go Mountaineers

Game could have went either way. Let’s just say there was an “interesting” call that could have made the game much closer. Heritage also dropped a 4th down pass in the end zone.
I felt both qb’s played outstanding. Vines also had another good game for Mitchell. Heritage won the LOS for much of the game. The Heritage qb can sling it for a freshman. If both groups stay healthy and together they should have some high level games the next few yrs.

Congratulations to the men in Purple.

Go Mountaineers
I wish I had went I forgot they played MH last night.

After watching Allegheny tonight I am wondering about Mitchell. Because Allegheny was way overrated
Well I didn't go tonight but listening to tonight's game on the radio sounded a lot like the Allegheny game. Talent wise Mitchell should have beaten Allegheny worse but a lot of self-inflicted issues at least on offense the defense has seemed to show up every game but on offense fumbles , penalties etc and when they're D is playing in the box completely committed to stopping the inside run then STOP running up the middle they have fast runners who can get to the outside and throw some short passes especially if the LBs are playing up throw a little something behind them mix it up.
The QB seems pretty accurate on the short- medium stuff and has good receivers. But take what they give you.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
I didn’t really see anything that doesn’t go on in every game.

Go Mountaineers
Okay just wondering they got upset over one in particular in the booth you could even hear them talk about what they thought was a dirty hit when they didn't know the audience could hear them while the commercials were on.
Must have gotten some chippy with the refs going to both sidelines and talking to the coaches about it and Mitchell coach calling the time out according to them to talk to the team about it.

After watching Allegheny tonight I am wondering about Mitchell. Because Allegheny was way overrated
Mitchell while 5-0 isn’t the Mitchell team of the past. This years team definitely plays good together and I am enjoying watching them, a totally different t6pe team than the past several year. But they are not in my opinion going to compete with the top of the west. They tend to have several self induced errors at costly times.
But either way I am still a proud Mitchell fan. I think they could be a 3 loss team at best. Expect to lose to Draughn, the green team, and a playoff loss. They could drop another if not careful.
Again a 3 loss season would still be better than what most Mitchell fans expected this year, if they are honest.

Go Mountaineers

Mitchell while 5-0 isn’t the Mitchell team of the past. This years team definitely plays good together and I am enjoying watching them, a totally different t6pe team than the past several year. But they are not in my opinion going to compete with the top of the west. They tend to have several self induced errors at costly times.
But either way I am still a proud Mitchell fan. I think they could be a 3 loss team at best. Expect to lose to Draughn, the green team, and a playoff loss. They could drop another if not careful.
Again a 3 loss season would still be better than what most Mitchell fans expected this year, if they are honest.

Go Mountaineers
Well I believe they could make it close or even beat MH IF they stop with the self-inflicted wounds and mix it up the offense I believe this team can do more then just run up the middle. The D seems solid.
I didn't know what to expect this year off season I kept hearing how bad it was going to be but if it's does end up a 3 or 2 lost team I won't be surprised some how in the last few years when they graduate a bunch they seem to just reload I wasn't concerned about the QB he looked good last year when he played, biggest concern I had was the line but they're doing okay hate they lost the senior though for the team and for his sake.
But your right they could drop one they shouldn't if they don't cut down on the mistakes.

I believe Mitchell vs Heritage will probably be no more than a 3 point win either way Mitchell has our number right now , and we need a win vs Mitchell losing 3 strait makes Mitchell Mountie feel good ,but it sucks to be honest, but I pull for Mitchell in ever game except that one week .
After I graduated in "84" one of my best friends went to Mitchell we went to about ever game Mitchell played for at least 5 years . Heritage was terrible ,but my buddy from Mitchell pulled for us except that one week.
I can say this about Mitchell fans they know football and are good people, I love the time I lived in Mitchell countie ,but that one week of the year all that nice talk goes out the window . Also if it wasn't for our Coach who is from Mitchell countie, I guarantee we would be awefull still dont know why Mitchell passed on Joey Robinson when they should have hired him but it worked out for both teams Travis Pittman is one hell of a good coach.
last ten years counting this year Mitchell is 101 and 26 .
Heritage is 85 and 30 and what's crazy we have not been good since we dropped to 1a our record is 15 and 12, but I think next 3 years we will be very good and when realignment comes we could get lucky and not have to face Readsville in playoffs or The SMC conference. im thinking well either be 2a or 3a believe Mitchell will be 1a that's just my guess .

I believe Mitchell vs Heritage will probably be no more than a 3 point win either way Mitchell has our number right now , and we need a win vs Mitchell losing 3 strait makes Mitchell Mountie feel good ,but it sucks to be honest, but I pull for Mitchell in ever game except that one week .
After I graduated in "84" one of my best friends went to Mitchell we went to about ever game Mitchell played for at least 5 years . Heritage was terrible ,but my buddy from Mitchell pulled for us except that one week.
I can say this about Mitchell fans they know football and are good people, I love the time I lived in Mitchell countie ,but that one week of the year all that nice talk goes out the window . Also if it wasn't for our Coach who is from Mitchell countie, I guarantee we would be awefull still dont know why Mitchell passed on Joey Robinson when they should have hired him but it worked out for both teams Travis Pittman is one hell of a good coach.
last ten years counting this year Mitchell is 101 and 26 .
Heritage is 85 and 30 and what's crazy we have not been good since we dropped to 1a our record is 15 and 12, but I think next 3 years we will be very good and when realignment comes we could get lucky and not have to face Readsville in playoffs or The SMC conference. im thinking well either be 2a or 3a believe Mitchell will be 1a that's just my guess .
As I've mentioned before my family had a flower shop in Burnsville for 52 years always had a banner on the football field and I married a MH girl. Me and the woman who cut my hair back when I worked in the shop was going on with each other about the Mitchell -MH game coming up that week and my dad actually got on to me about it that Yancey county was where we made our living thing is he was a big football fan even was offered a football scholarship in VA in the early 50's after playing at Bowman but didn't want to offend his good customers.
That didn't stop me though lol.
It was dumb the first time they passed up Joey the second time I was told it was him wanting to much money but I don't know for sure. But like you say it's worked out. In a 7A divisions I guess Mitchell would go to 2A school. Enrollment has dropped so much that in 2025 there will be only 4 schools, two K-2 one 3-8 ( new school they're building in ledger) and the high school.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT