ADVERTISEMENT

WHC Week 1

Titanman27

Sep 4, 2019
Cherryville @ Avery

Avery has one of the best QBs in the conference and could put up points this season. Can they stop anybody? Cherryville beat them easily last season but I think this year it will be a close game.

Avery 34
Cherryville 33

Draughn @ Huss

Huss was really strong a few years back but has fallen off. Draughn should be similar to last season with many players returning. This could be a close game but Draughn pulls away late.

Draughn 41
Huss 27

Madison @ Polk County

Madison may struggle to win a game this season. Polk lost a lot too but should win pretty easily

Polk 27
Madison 8

Mitchell @ Charlotte Latin

Long bus ride for the mountaineers down to Charlotte in week 1. Mitchell will play hard and are well coached but Latin should have the advantage up front.

Charlotte Latin 28
Mitchell 14

Chase @ Mountain Heritage

Chase has been good recently and beat the snot of out MH but lost a lot of players. Heritage should be improved but struggled in their scrimmage vs Swain.

Chase 28
Heritage 22

Owen @ Enka

Enka may not have the wins to show for it but have improved some in the last year or 2. This is a game both teams will feel like they should win. I like the home team in another close game

Enka 27
Owen 21

Rosman @ Andrews

Rosman may snatch a win this season but it won't be week 1.

Andrews 35
Rosman 7

I wont make any picks this week cause im sure i dont know enough to make a smart guess lol

Last edited:
Think it will be a tough week for WHC:

Cherryville- - Avery has a slight chance but not enough
Draughn-Big
Polk-2+ scores
Latin-2+scores
Chase- Would not be surprised to see a Heritage win here
Owen- close
Andrews-by a whole bunch

Go Mountaineers

Avery's qb isn't hurt. There was a WR that got a concusion last week in a scrimmage. He will go through concusion protocol later this week. Of everything goes okay, he could play Friday.
That’s good to hear. Someone that helps told me he got dinged up in practice and a parent that has a kid on the team told me he got dinged up in practice to.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
The qb Avery had last year moved positions from what I was told and was the one who is hurt, supposed to have an MRI on the 17th.
Guess I should of been more clear. He was at RB in practice when he got dinged up. Didn’t want to say to much.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
First week who the heck knows but I'll just take wild guess....

Avery( just because their home)
Druaghn (heard they had a good player transfer I believe last year's RB someone can correct me if wrong. But even so they still have the QB)
Polk ( because Madison is Madison)
Mitchell ( just going with my heart plus Latin was 5-5 last year and never been real strong in FB. I believe people have already written off Mitchell this year , I've written them off before after graduating a good QB and other players and they just reloaded but this maybe the year they don't just have to wait and see)
Chase ( though if you can go by MH JV last year they may turn things around this year but Chase is usually good)
Enka ( at home, not sure if ether will improve this year)
Andrews ( not sure if Andrews will the be the power they've been I don't know how many they lost and it's hard for a school their size to just reload but who knows but in any case Rosman is Rosman)

Avery in a tight one at home over Cherryville

Draughn by a lot. They will be very good again this year.

Polk by a lot. Madison is bad.

Latin pulls away from Mitchell late beats them by two scores.

Herritage over Chase in a tight one. I think we are back this year.

Enka over Owen in a close one.

Andrew’s big over Rosman

Druaghn (heard they had a good player transfer I believe last year's RB someone can correct me if wrong. But even so they still have the QB
Doesn’t mean anything but the RB is still listed on Maxpreps roster and his social media page is still a Draughn uniform and team picture. Now understand, I may not be seeing current social media as I can bar turn on a computer. I have also heard he transferred so I don’t know

Go Mountaineers

Avery( just because their home)
Druaghn (heard they had a good player transfer I believe last year's RB someone can correct me if wrong. But even so they still have the QB)
Polk ( because Madison is Madison)
Mitchell ( just going with my heart plus Latin was 5-5 last year and never been real strong in FB. I believe people have already written off Mitchell this year , I've written them off before after graduating a good QB and other players and they just reloaded but this maybe the year they don't just have to wait and see)
Chase ( though if you can go by MH JV last year they may turn things around this year but Chase is usually good)
Enka ( at home, not sure if ether will improve this year)
Andrews ( not sure if Andrews will the be the power they've been I don't know how many they lost and it's hard for a school their size to just reload but who knows but in any case Rosman is Rosman)

Draughn got a really good WR over the summer. Still have both RBs and QB who’s put size on over summer. Listed as 6’7 200 compared to 180 last fall.

Draughn got a really good WR over the summer. Still have both RBs and QB who’s put size on over summer. Listed as 6’7 200 compared to 180 last fall.
He needed to put on weight and will need to some more before college. I was told that though just a JR that he's already committed to Appalachian State.
As far as the RB #5 the same guy who told me transfered said again tonight that he did but I told him that he is listed on this years roster. Does look like they graduated some lineman from last year.

Reactions: bigtimeEastNC
He needed to put on weight and will need to some more before college. I was told that though just a JR that he's already committed to Appalachian State.
As far as the RB #5 the same guy who told me transfered said again tonight that he did but I told him that he is listed on this years roster. Does look like they graduated some lineman from last year.
I just watched them scrimmage south caldwell last week in a game they won 21-14. #5 and #6 are both back at RB and both looked really fast. They have a kid who was not on the roster last year at WR that has speed and good hands. With going to a 1 RB set they easily gave 4 legit WRs if u put #5 or #6 in slot. South did a good job containing the run but they couldn’t stop the passing. Also in limited action the QB picked up a ton of yards rushing while throwing 3 TDs. As the season goes on their line should improve but they still have 3-4 Big kids led by 50 , 55 and 66 .

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Mountaineer
I really don’t know what Owen has. I watched the scrimmage against TJC and we looked impressive but it was TJC. Anyway I’m not gonna pick anyone else’s scores and frankly Owen just needs to worry about Owen and with that said I don’t think Enka will stop our O. Hopefully we can stop theirs at least one time more than they can. I think it will be Owen 42-14. Bold prediction but we will see if it happens. Hopefully Owen and everyone else stays healthy. Go WHC!

Mitchell by 7 Heritage by 7 but wouldn’t surprise me if Heritage didn’t win by more, people saying it’s a rebuilding year for Mitchell keep saying it last time it was a rebuilding year(2021) you know how it turned out I think right now Heritage is the clear favorite if they hold up to win the WHC can’t wait to see Draughn Academy roll into Ledger Lol

Mitchell by 7 Heritage by 7 but wouldn’t surprise me if Heritage didn’t win by more, people saying it’s a rebuilding year for Mitchell keep saying it last time it was a rebuilding year(2021) you know how it turned out I think right now Heritage is the clear favorite if they hold up to win the WHC can’t wait to see Draughn Academy roll into Ledger Lol
Just noticed Simmons pick Mitchell to lose by 20 and MH to lose by 21.

Mitchell shooting themselves in the foot.
Got the ball first and was making yardage but fumbled on their 44 then held them 3 & out but got a pf roughing the kicker on the punt then a roughing the QB.

Reactions: Purple1995
I’ll tell you this bout this group last Mile slagle Team they will knock the piss out of you can’t wait till next week I don’t know how good Mcdowell is this year I just know they’re in trouble Lol

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT