ADVERTISEMENT

WNC next realignment

Again i have been told 2-3 different people they want no more the. 5-6 teams per
Here's one with as many 6 team conferences as I can manage I'm not doing 5 team conferences because Idk who in their right mind would want those, I really don't get the point it doesnt negate split conferences or anything else you get by not having a limit on how many teams you can have in a conference but if that's how it's gonna be that's how iIl do it lol

Big South 3a

Ashbrook
Crest
Forestview
Huss
Kings Mountain
South Point
Stuart Cramer

Conference A 1a/2a

Bishop McGuinness
Carver
Community School of Davidson
North Stokes
Pine Lake Prep
South Stokes
Winston-Salem Prep

CVC 2a

Bandys
Bunker Hill
Lincolnton
Maiden
Newton Conover
West Caldwell
West Lincoln

MAC 3a/4a

AC Reynolds
Asheville
Enka
Erwin
North Buncombe
TC Roberson

Mountain 6 3a

Franklin
North Henderson
Pisgah
Smoky Mountain
Tuscola
West Henderson

Mountain/Foothills 2a

Brevard
Chase
East Henderson (3a as of now)
East Rutherford
Hendersonville
R-S Central

MVC 1a/2a

Alleghany
Ashe (3a it's a stretch)
East Wilkes
North Wilkes
West Wilkes
Wilkes Central

NWC 3a/4a

Alexander Central
Freedom
Hibriten
Hickory (it's either here to make 7 or the WPC to make 8)
McDowell
South Caldwell
Watauga

NWFC 1a/2a

East Surry
Elkin
Forbrush
Mount Airy
North Surry
Starmount
Surry Central

SMC 1a

Andrews
Cherokee
Hayesville
Murphy
Robbinsville
Rosman (it's either here or the WHC, 7 teams either way)
Swain

SPC 1a

Bessemer City
Cherryville
Christ The King
Corvian Community (not sure on their numbers they are a 2nd year team)
Highland Tech
Mountain Island Charter
Thomas Jefferson

SWC 2a

Burns
Draughn
East Burke
East Gaston
North Gaston (3a, it's either here to make 7 or the Big South to make 8)
Patton
Shelby

WFC 3a

East Lincoln
Foard
North Iredell
North Lincoln
St. Stephens
Statesville
West Iredell

WHC 1a/2a

Avery
Madison
Mitchell
Mountain Heritage
Owen
Polk

Last edited:
The change to 7 will be really interesting if and when it ever takes place. Changes are hard to get used to at first and I see it as no difference come 2025 if I am still on here.

7 classifications is for sure going happen in 2,025.
How many sports will be seven is the only question.
Basketball will be seven.
Football will probably be seven but I could see 6 classes.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
The by law change says there has to be a class for every 64 schools….it didn’t say a class for every 64 football playing schools. So I think there has to be 7.

Correct. If there are not enough teams in a class to form a playoff bracket then they will combine with the next classification. Probably doesn’t affect football. But could other sports.

The by law change says there has to be a class for every 64 schools….it didn’t say a class for every 64 football playing schools. So I think there has to be 7.

Correct. If there are not enough teams in a class to form a playoff bracket then they will combine with the next classification. Probably doesn’t affect football. But could other sports.
It'll be close in football.
1a will have around 50% of schools with football teams. 32 teams, 16 east 16 west

Will be interesting for sure. Also, interested to see how the general assembly handles the bill dealing with charter school classification.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Will be interesting for sure. Also, interested to see how the general assembly handles the bill dealing with charter school classification.

I don't think they are moving them all up now but some will move up if they go by size of schools pulled from like mentioned.
That could push 1a from 405 up to 450/500

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I would go for a five team conferences. Home and Away conference games for eight games and pick up a couple of old rivals to fill up the schedule. Dang it will be like old times up here in these parts.

Agreed. NCHSAA woulda avoided a lot of headaches for decades if they had allowed that to be. While the odd # doesn't help in some ways it would allow a lot of matchups that would benefit schools more in the long run that couldn't happen otherwise. Win/win for everyone.

Knowing them I doubt they'd allow it though but it would be a nice try if they do.

Agreed. NCHSAA woulda avoided a lot of headaches for decades if they had allowed that to be. While the odd # doesn't help in some ways it would allow a lot of matchups that would benefit schools more in the long run that couldn't happen otherwise. Win/win for everyone.

Knowing them I doubt they'd allow it though but it would be a nice try if they do.
Talk about getting some good rivalry games, just think about beating a good team at home and then have to face em at their house in a few weeks! That's one reason the SMC has good fan bases. Heck, you can even pull this off with as little as three schools. The old SMC 2a had Murphy, Franklin and Swain for about 7 years. That was after Sylva-Webster consolidated with the Rebels and became Smoky Mountain high.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT