ADVERTISEMENT

Week 2 WHC Predictions

Titanman27

Sep 4, 2019
Avery @ Watauga

Avery had a good win week 1 but faces a big challenge this week with an always-tough Watauga team.

Watauga 41
Avery 13

Patton @ Draughn

Not much to say about this one. Patton is one of the worst teams in the state.

Draughn 56
Patton 6

Hayesville @ Madison

Madison may have another rough season. This could be closer than last week though.

Hayesville 21
Madison 14

McDowell @ Mitchell

Mitchell is too strong for the Titans.

Mitchell 29
McDowell 14

Mountain Heritage @ Erwin

Heritage has a very tough nonconference schedule that should help when conference play arrives.

Erwin 27
Mountain Heritage 20

North Buncombe @ Owen

North Buncombe is improved and Owen looks to finish near the bottom of the conference.

North Buncombe 28
Owen 22

Rosman @ North Henderson

This game will not be close

North Henderson 41
Rosman 7

Watauga by 30
Draughn by 40
Hayesville by 18
Mitchell by 14
Erwin by 8
North Buncombe by 14
North Hendo by 42

Reactions: Purple1995
What happened at Patton, they had pretty good consistent teams about 8 years back?

Watauga
Draughn
Hayesville
Mitchell
Erwin
N. Buncombe
N. Henderson

Pioneers by 20
Wildcats by 48
Yellowjackets
Mounties by 1
Warriors by 1
Warponies by 1
Knights by 40

Watauga
Draughn
Hayesville
Mitchell ( going with heart they'll have to play better offensively ( better play calling less predictable and no turn overs) plus less penalties than last week I believe McDowell a better team that CL was)
Erwin ( not sure about this one though low scoring they beat a usually good Daniel Boone)
N. Buncombe
N. Henderson

Watauga- closer than folks expect.
Draughn- running clock
Haysville- 2+ scores
Mitchell- by 2 but must will not be surprised with a McDowell win.
Heritage- by 14
NB- Owen prove me wrong
N Hendo- well just because

Go Mountaineers

Maybe I missed all the talk bout Draughn in other posts I usually stick to the 2A pages but did they lose to a soild 3A program in Hunter Huss?

Reactions: Purple1995
Maybe I missed all the talk bout Draughn in other posts I usually stick to the 2A pages but did they lose to a soild 3A program in Hunter Huss?
Million dollar question. Hunter Huss combined record in the last 3 seasons is
5-19. But who knows in the first game if they've turned it around. Just looking at their sessions on MaxPreps starting '04 they've had 4 winng seasons
( 10-4 , 8-5, 13-1, 9-3 ) 2016-17 - 2019-20.
2004-05 thru 2015-16 was very stellar.

Million dollar question. Hunter Huss combined record in the last 3 seasons is
5-19. But who knows in the first game if they've turned it around. Just looking at their sessions on MaxPreps starting '04 they've had 4 winng seasons
( 10-4 , 8-5, 13-1, 9-3 ) 2016-17 - 2019-20.
2004-05 thru 2015-16 was very stellar.

I know Draughn must really be missing Rector on that line. He was a difference maker and a big body. We’re did he end up going?

Draughn brings back a lot of people but they musta lost a few real good ones too. Hoping they make just as much noise this year in the playoffs. Goes to show there’s a huge difference in 1A and 3A

I know Draughn must really be missing Rector on that line. He was a difference maker and a big body. We’re did he end up going?

Draughn brings back a lot of people but they musta lost a few real good ones too. Hoping they make just as much noise this year in the playoffs. Goes to show there’s a huge difference in 1A and 3A
1a Murphy beat 3a Franklin 41-14 week one it was 41-0 at one point, Tarboro beat 3a and former power Rocky Mount 42-0 week one Mitchell beat 3a Erwin last year 42-19 and Mitchell lost big to Draughn twice, Id say at very least it depends on the team lol

Draughn got down 30 early then played really well the 2nd half. But lost 37-21. They will bounce back this week. They have some big boys on the line and the QB wasn’t pressured much last week. Once they find their stride and get conditioned they should make another deep run. I expect a really great game both sides vs Mitchell next month. Also the new receiver they got didn’t play last week sothat was a huge weapon at WR and DB that wasn’t available.

Reactions: Burkeforreal
Watauga by 21

Draughn by 14

Hayesville in a nail bitter

Mcdowell in a tight one Mountaineers are down

Mountain Herritage in a close one

North Buncombe by 14

North Henderson by however many they want

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Draughn got down 30 early then played really well the 2nd half. But lost 37-21. They will bounce back this week. They have some big boys on the line and the QB wasn’t pressured much last week. Once they find their stride and get conditioned they should make another deep run. I expect a really great game both sides vs Mitchell next month. Also the new receiver they got didn’t play last week sothat was a huge weapon at WR and DB that wasn’t available.
By really great game vs Mitchell, if you mean over by half time. I agree. Really great group of guys in Ledger this year and they play their guts out, but as mentioned above they are down. Can’t hang with Draughn. Shucks I am not sure they will hang with McDowell. But you can believe I will be there in purple. Nw back to this week.

Go Mountaineers

PATTON (0-1) @ DRAUGHN (0-1)

The Wildcats had a shocking loss last week at Huss. They will have their home opener this week against Patton. Patton is coming off a whopping of their own at the hands of E. Burke. Look for the wildcats to take some anger out on Patton and use this game to get back on track.
PICK: DRAUGHN by 28

HAYSEVILLE (1-0) @ MADISON (0-1)

The Patriots are coming off a lopsided loss at former conference foe Polk County. They head back home to take on Haysville in their home opener. The Jellowjackets are coming off a lopsided road win against Town County GA. I'm going with the yellow jackets in this one.
PICK: HAYSEVILLE by 20

MCDOWELL (0-1) @ MITCHELL (1-0)

The young mountaineers went down to Charlotte and shocked Charlotte Latin. They now return home with a little more confidence and respect and take on a familiar 4A in McDowell. The Titans unraveled at the end of last week's game against RS Central, being up by 8 late, just to lose in OT. They make the short trip up the mountain to take on the mountaineers. The mountaineers have had McDowell number of late. I think this one could be closer than people might think if McDowell protects the football and holds it together for 4 quarters. PICK: MITCHELL by 10

M. HERITAGE (0-1) @ ERWIN (1-0)

The young cougars come up just short last week on the road against Chase. They have a talented young team and I look for them to continue to get better as the season goes on. Also they have a kicker, I can't remember the last time we talked about the kicking game in Burnsville? Erwin is coming off a close game of their own. A defensive battle low scoring road win against Daniel Boone Tenn. I see the cougars getting on the winning side of things soon, but until then they will cut their teeth on a tough non conference schedule.
PICK: ERWIN by 10

N. BUNCOMBE (1-0) @ OWEN (0-1)

The warhorses fell to Enka last week on the road, in their season opener. They now hope for different results to their home opener against N. Buncombe. The Black Hawks won their home opener high scoring affair against E. Hendo. The warhorses have struggled since the departure of long time head coach Kenny Ford. I hope they can right the ship, but I gotta go with the Black Hawks in this one.
PICK: N. BUMCOMBE by 14

ROSMAN (0-1) @ N. HENDO (1-0)

The tigers were shut out last week at the hands of Andrew's. This week they return home to take on N. Hendo. The Knights took care of business week 1 with a home win over former conference foe Hendersonville and look to add to that this week.
PICK: N. HENDO by 35

AVERY (1-0) @ WATAUGA (1-0)

The Vikings won their home opener against Cherryville. I believe they have found the right head coach and coach Farmer has got Avery going in the right direction. The Vikings have a talented qb, a hoss to tote the rock, and a couple of good WRs. They have size on both sides of the line and love to hit. Watauga snuck out a close one in their home opener against TC Roberson. I'm glad to see this rilvarly game back on the schedule. Watauga is our 3rd biggest rilvarly. With that being said Watauga is always a big challenge. They have alot more numbers than we do and most the time they have talent, are well coached, and always bring their "A" game. I think the Vikings can keep it close if they limit their mistakes. Protect the football, keep penalties to a minimum. My head says one thing and my heart says another. I will go with my heart. Here's to hopeful and wishful thinking.
PICK: AVERY by 1

Last edited:
Watauga 35-14
Draughn 40-14
Hayesville 35-21
Mitchell 26-14
Heritage 21-14
North Buncombe 31-21
North Hendo 28-7

Hayesville should roll Heritage wins Mitchell rolls and I say Owen with the upset Watauga by 28 Draughn by 16

Watauga by 21

Draughn by 14

Hayesville in a nail bitter

Mcdowell in a tight one Mountaineers are down

Mountain Herritage in a close one

North Buncombe by 14

North Henderson by however many they want
I love it when people think it’s a rebuilding year

What happened at Patton, they had pretty good consistent teams about 8 years back?

Watauga
Draughn
Hayesville
Mitchell
Erwin
N. Buncombe
N. Henderson
Patton had Joe Eakin playing QB and Coach Eanes. Eakin got a minor injury in the first game of his Senior season, but medical tests revealed a condition that ended his playing days. Not long after that Eanes moved somewhere a few counties east to be closer to his aging parents. The Panthers have been trying to rebuild ever since.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT