ADVERTISEMENT

Wallace @ East Duplin

My point by referencing those teams was to show rational posters or those that read these boards that Northeastern has not played more "patsies" than anyone else this year. Every team in the ECC with the exception of WRH, JK, ED and Kinston this year could be called that. Every team in the SAC with the exception of Clinton and St Paul can be called that. Each team in the NEC with the exception of Holmes, NE and Hertford can be called that. I mean come on.

Yes, its true that NE is 0-2 against WRH recently and 0-2 against ED though those games were over a decade ago but those games have no bearing on this season. Not sure if they have ever played JK but I do recall them beating SWO a few years ago. As someone else pointed out, NE defeated Clinton at Clinton in the eastern championship recently. Give credit where credit is due.

I see NE as a 3 or 4 seed so unless both the 1 and 2 seeds lose, the Eagles will have to travel at some point.
You just called out over half of the ECC 😂😂😂. You expect all of them to be winning teams. Please name me one 2A East conference with over half of their teams having winning records….besides the ECC of course. I’ll wait.

I’ll also say besides the conference Northeastern is in, because for once, they have a decent conference.

You just called out over half of the ECC 😂😂😂. You expect all of them to be winning teams. Please name me one 2A East conference with over half of their teams having winning records….besides the ECC of course. I’ll wait.

I’ll also say besides the conference Northeastern is in, because for once, they have a decent conference.
You too are missing the point. Of course all conferences are going to have bottom feeders. Northeastern doesnt play any more "patsies" than ED, WRH, Clinton, St Paul, Princeton or any other high school team in the state but yet they get called out on it.

Again, all I am doing is illustrating that it is not accurate to bash NE on their schedule this season. Is Rose a patsie? Hertford? Holmes? Rocky Mount?

The 2A/3A split conference Nash Central, Bunn and RR play in has 8 teams. 5 of those have winning records. The split 1A/2A league Whiteville and Trask play in has 6 teams. 4 of those have winning records. The 2A/3A split league with NE, Hertford and Holmes has 8 teams. 5 of those have winning records. I know you asked for 2A conferences but I threw in the split leagues since you did mention the conference NE is in. If you like I can check some of the western conferences if you would still like to wait. Let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
You too are missing the point. Of course all conferences are going to have bottom feeders. Northeastern doesnt play any more "patsies" than ED, WRH, Clinton, St Paul, Princeton or any other high school team in the state but yet they get called out on it.

Again, all I am doing is illustrating that it is not accurate to bash NE on their schedule this season. Is Rose a patsie? Hertford? Holmes? Rocky Mount?

The 2A/3A split conference Nash Central, Bunn and RR play in has 8 teams. 5 of those have winning records. The split 1A/2A league Whiteville and Trask play in has 6 teams. 4 of those have winning records. The 2A/3A split league with NE, Hertford and Holmes has 8 teams. 5 of those have winning records. I know you asked for 2A conferences but I threw in the split leagues since you did mention the conference NE is in. If you like I can check some of the western conferences if you would still like to wait. Let me know.
Very well stated and I’ll go further and add that we’ve played very tough ooc schedules the last few years against teams like Rose, Havelock,DH Conley, RM, and Va schools like top ranked Indian River. But I’m not going to comment further because playoffs start next week and all the talk will end if we just keep winning

I can’t speak for Friday Night, but in my personal opinion, we hear this story about the Northeastern World Beaters every year about this time. They historically play a soft conference schedule whether you agree or not. I have no problem with Dagoob or James, but Northeastern is usually overhyped and it shows in the playoffs. Is this the year that they change the narrative? Maybe so. I’ve went on record multiple times saying their conference this year is about as strong as it has been in MANY years.

Reactions: olddog77
I can’t speak for Friday Night, but in my personal opinion, we hear this story about the Northeastern World Beaters every year about this time. They historically play a soft conference schedule whether you agree or not. I have no problem with Dagoob or James, but Northeastern is usually overhyped and it shows in the playoffs. Is this the year that they change the narrative? Maybe so. I’ve went on record multiple times saying their conference this year is about as strong as it has been in MANY years.
I have no problem with your post but I just don’t get where it has shown in the playoffs recently. You can’t do much better than we’ve done. We been to two recent state championship and lost at Reidsville for the eastern championship. I would say that with the exception of wrh program we have been second to none in the east.

I have no problem with your post but I just don’t get where it has shown in the playoffs recently. You can’t do much better than we’ve done. We been to two recent state championship and lost at Reidsville for the eastern championship. I would say that with the exception of wrh program we have been second to none in the east.
Until proven different, I still say they are constantly overrated and "normally" play cupcakes that pad their schedule. So, if they're "ALL THAT" this year, we can place a friendly wager on them making it to state. James, Goob, Scribe???

Because unlike other programs, you boast as the best and can’t complete the mission. Can’t get over the hump. Such as the program I support (East Duplin) but you don’t see our posters beating our chest. Yes, we get a little worked up a bit over beating a top ranked rival, but nothing as lavish as to make comments such as “the East runs through E- City”. Your posters talk as if you have the hardware to back it up like Wallace, Clinton, Shelby, Reidsville, etc. But you don’t, plain and simple. It’s a year in and year out cycle.

Until proven different, I still say they are constantly overrated and "normally" play cupcakes that pad their schedule. So, if they're "ALL THAT" this year, we can place a friendly wager on them making it to state. James, Goob, Scribe???
Do you pay off, I know the guys at Reidsville don’t and that @dogs79 doesnt.

Because unlike other programs, you boast as the best and can’t complete the mission. Can’t get over the hump. Such as the program I support (East Duplin) but you don’t see our posters beating our chest. Yes, we get a little worked up a bit over beating a top ranked rival, but nothing as lavish as to make comments such as “the East runs through E- City”. Your posters talk as if you have the hardware to back it up like Wallace, Clinton, Shelby, Reidsville, etc. But you don’t, plain and simple. It’s a year in and year out cycle.
Fair Enough

Sorry, but I do not know enough about the strengths and weaknesses of NE to make a wager of any type. I will say that a teams advancement in the playoffs are a direct result of the matchups based on how the state seeds teams. Many of the teams that will be seeded in the 10-15 range are probably better teams than 3 or 4 of the conference champs seeded higher.

However, I do know enough about Eastern high school football to know that NE has played some very good non conference opponents this year and in years past. They, just like everyone else, cannot do anything about the conference they are placed in especially given their location.

Im far from a NE supporter, but I think some of the criticism they receive based on the supposed weak schedule is not warranted. In addition, their recent history shows they are one of the more successful 2A programs in the east. I will admit some of their posters are a little overboard in their praise, but that can be said for the majority of those that post on this site.

If you want to bash, then bash but bash with something that makes sense. Saying they play "pansies" year in and year out is simply not true but who am I to try and convince you or anyone else? Again, if those seeded higher than NE lose out come playoff time, then the road will go through EC. At worse they are going to get 2 and probably 3 games at home.

Reactions: WrhDog448
My point by referencing those teams was to show rational posters or those that read these boards that Northeastern has not played more "patsies" than anyone else this year. Every team in the ECC with the exception of WRH, JK, ED and Kinston this year could be called that. Every team in the SAC with the exception of Clinton and St Paul can be called that. Each team in the NEC with the exception of Holmes, NE and Hertford can be called that. I mean come on.

Yes, its true that NE is 0-2 against WRH recently and 0-2 against ED though those games were over a decade ago but those games have no bearing on this season. Not sure if they have ever played JK but I do recall them beating SWO a few years ago. As someone else pointed out, NE defeated Clinton at Clinton in the eastern championship recently. Give credit where credit is due.

I see NE as a 3 or 4 seed so unless both the 1 and 2 seeds lose, the Eagles will have to travel at some point.
They always living in the past......if one of us northeastern posters post something first thing they say y'all ain't never won anything.......but they won championships back in 1911 and so on that's why they can't focus on today and when one because they living in the past

Damn goob, I thought you and 79 were buddies. I'm surprised you called him out like that. Smh
It was just a joke honestly messing with John I had seen where someone had posted that he didn’t pay up. I think it was @Chopper747. I know someone at Reidsville stiffed John on a $100 bet. I will 💯 bet on NE against any DC team but we’re going to have to do it in person. So ANY, and I mean this whole heartedly, poster that wants to place wagers can tag me up here and I’ll meet on game day and post up.

It was just a joke honestly messing with John I had seen where someone had posted that he didn’t pay up. I think it was @Chopper747. I know someone at Reidsville stiffed John on a $100 bet. I will 💯 bet on NE against any DC team but we’re going to have to do it in person. So ANY, and I mean this whole heartedly, poster that wants to place wagers can tag me up here and I’ll meet on game day and post up.

yeah those Wallace guys and Otis dont pay up

Damn goob, I thought you and 79 were buddies. I'm surprised you called him out like that. Smh
I thought you and I were buddies. There were only a couple of wrh posters that I didn’t care to much for and one of them isn’t up here anymore. I always got along good with everyone on game day and I loved Mr Merle.

I thought you and I were buddies. There were only a couple of wrh posters that I didn’t care to much for and one of them isn’t up here anymore. I always got along good with everyone on game day and I loved Mr Merle.
Merle was a good man. Far as I'm concerned we are. But it takes a bulls...ter to know one, and you're guilty. I've had that knack to sort thru it. Most of your post are out to get a reaction from us DC guys. I can see through it. I'm getting a little up I age these days(63) and some days I don't deal w stress too well- so sometimes I'm more involved than others. I love high school football though and enjoy the banter. You and chopper can get the blood pressure up, so I have to be careful. But yeah, I like you fine. If yal would win it one year you'd be a lot nicer guy up here. Lol

Reactions: daagoob
Merle was a good man. Far as I'm concerned we are. But it takes a bulls...ter to know one, and you're guilty. I've had that knack to sort thru it. Most of your post are out to get a reaction from us DC guys. I can see through it. I'm getting a little up I age these days(63) and some days I don't deal w stress too well- so sometimes I'm more involved than others. I love high school football though and enjoy the banter. You and chopper can get the blood pressure up, so I have to be careful. But yeah, I like you fine. If yal would win it one year you'd be a lot nicer guy up here. Lol
Just in case you didn’t know, but I think you do, I didn’t care for a post that John made and I have since distanced myself. When I make mistakes I fess up to them. I don’t dislike him but I am disappointed. Hope to see your dogs in EC. Don’t let me get you to worked up, I’m just screwing with you guys

Actually that’s not when you started this bs. It started over the North Myrtle Beach game. When you say it started was when I made the comment that I didn’t think NE had the talent that posters and coaches say they have. At that time YALL were bashing coaching and then I explained why I had coaches back.

Last edited:
Just in case you didn’t know, but I think you do, I didn’t care for a post that John made and I have since distanced myself. When I make mistakes I fess up to them. I don’t dislike him but I am disappointed. Hope to see your dogs in EC. Don’t let me get you to worked up, I’m just screwing with you guys
It's all good bro. We're all grown

I
Actually that’s not when you started this bs. It started over the North Myrtle Beach game. When you say it started was when I made the comment that I didn’t think NE had the talent that posters and coaches say they have. At that time YALL were bashing coaching and then I explained why I had coaches back.
Guess you are john nice to meet you am James 😂😂😂😂

Reactions: dogs79
If it’s something else, let me know. Very forgetful these days. I’ve lost a Calloway pull over, pair of Maui Jim’s and two yeti cups , all in the last month

Reactions: docdogg
If it’s something else, let me know. Very forgetful these days. I’ve lost a Calloway pull over, pair of Maui Jim’s and two yeti cups , all in the last month
Can one not be critical of a coaching decision? Criticism is a good thing and will only make one better. It clearly doesn’t mean you don’t like the coach, if that was the case then most of your fan base would have already had Motsinger head. I showed Cassie both my post and your response to the post that had absolutely nothing to do with wrh and was by no means discounting the program that was the reigning eastern champ. Your crew sure didn’t seem to mind the hospitality that was given to y’all when all came out to a pre game meet at Applebees before our game. Apparently you weren’t but so upset. We always extend good hospitality to posters from this site who want to meet up during the playoffs. It’s all water under the bridge, hopefully we’ll get another chance to play during the playoffs. You guys will definitely consider that meeting an automatic win so I know y’all will be celebrating if you see the Eagles in your bracket

Can one not be critical of a coaching decision? Criticism is a good thing and will only make one better. It clearly doesn’t mean you don’t like the coach, if that was the case then most of your fan base would have already had Motsinger head. I showed Cassie both my post and your response to the post that had absolutely nothing to do with wrh and was by no means discounting the program that was the reigning eastern champ. Your crew sure didn’t seem to mind the hospitality that was given to y’all when all came out to a pre game meet at Applebees before our game. Apparently you weren’t but so upset. We always extend good hospitality to posters from this site who want to meet up during the playoffs. It’s all water under the bridge, hopefully we’ll get another chance to play during the playoffs. You guys will definitely consider that meeting an automatic win so I know y’all will be celebrating if you see the Eagles in your bracket
Yes y’all have extended hospitality. I was hoping to extend our hospitality to you and your crowd this year but that’ll have to wait till another year.

Don't know either one but it sounds like 79 and goob need some counseling or a beer and a hug to make up. LOL It's a high school message board...sheesh
If you were closer to the northeastern corner then you could see the extremely talented Hertford County qb in action at Edenton Holmes. It’s going to be a helluva game tomorrow night and you’d see one team that loves to run vs one that will air it out. The atmosphere will be off the charts in this one between two eastern contenders.

Reactions: boatdude
Don't know either one but it sounds like 79 and goob need some counseling or a beer and a hug to make up. LOL It's a high school message board...sheesh
I don’t have a problem with goobs. Maybe I shouldn’t defend myself but I’ve always stood up for myself. Not looking to lose a friend either. I’ve been to several NE games and pulled for them unless playing WRH including 2 state championship teams.

Reactions: olddog77
I don’t have a problem with goobs. Maybe I shouldn’t defend myself but I’ve always stood up for myself. Not looking to lose a friend either. I’ve been to several NE games and pulled for them unless playing WRH including 2 state championship teams.
You didn’t have to defend yourself because I didn’t say anything negative about your dogs in the post. I may not like them but the numbers don’t lie, they are a well coached and successful program. That being said then so is ours. Coach Moore has done an A+ job in his 17 yrs at the helm. Yes we had problems against wrh last season but we did pretty well against them in our other loss in 17.

Reactions: docdogg
You didn’t have to defend yourself because I didn’t say anything negative about your dogs in the post. I may not like them but the numbers don’t lie, they are a well coached and successful program. That being said then so is ours. Coach Moore has done an A+ job in his 17 yrs at the helm. Yes we had problems against wrh last season but we did pretty well against them in our other loss in 17.
Sure you have. Started with NMB game and you know it

If you were closer to the northeastern corner then you could see the extremely talented Hertford County qb in action at Edenton Holmes. It’s going to be a helluva game tomorrow night and you’d see one team that loves to run vs one that will air it out. The atmosphere will be off the charts in this one between two eastern contenders.
That sounds like the makings for a great game

You too are missing the point. Of course all conferences are going to have bottom feeders. Northeastern doesnt play any more "patsies" than ED, WRH, Clinton, St Paul, Princeton or any other high school team in the state

That may be true of the 2022-23 Northeastern Eagles but not so much of past teams. Their conference was routinely filled with tomato cans.

Reactions: Friday Night1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT