ADVERTISEMENT

Wallace @ East Duplin

Now that things have died down a bit I will give my very neutral insight on the game. Not trying to ruffle feathers, just give an unbiased opinion. First Bo's chicken taste the same everywhere and the stadium was great! Loved the atmosphere and the crowd. I think I was most impressed that both teams just played football. Didn't see much if any junk talking and playing to the crowd from players. Much respect from both teams to each other. The outcome of the game did not surprise me. Both defenses played well, but ED was able to keep Wallace O from driving the ball. The QB for Wallace put them in position to score and he is a difference maker. However, no passing attack is not good. On the other side, ED was able to move the ball better and has the ability to throw the ball. Their O is much more versatile. Their screen game is very good. ED did hurt themselves a couple of times in the red zone but did come away with points. Not sure why Wallace does not kick field goals?? Anyway, it was a fun game to watch and if I'm still in the area come playoff time and they meet I will be there for sure.

Now that things have died down a bit I will give my very neutral insight on the game. Not trying to ruffle feathers, just give an unbiased opinion. First Bo's chicken taste the same everywhere and the stadium was great! Loved the atmosphere and the crowd. I think I was most impressed that both teams just played football. Didn't see much if any junk talking and playing to the crowd from players. Much respect from both teams to each other. The outcome of the game did not surprise me. Both defenses played well, but ED was able to keep Wallace O from driving the ball. The QB for Wallace put them in position to score and he is a difference maker. However, no passing attack is not good. On the other side, ED was able to move the ball better and has the ability to throw the ball. Their O is much more versatile. Their screen game is very good. ED did hurt themselves a couple of times in the red zone but did come away with points. Not sure why Wallace does not kick field goals?? Anyway, it was a fun game to watch and if I'm still in the area come playoff time and they meet I will be there for sure.
Different outcome w field goal at close of 1st half

Reactions: boatdude
Better refs and the outcome would be different as well but I guess that’s just a given in hsfb at our level. It wouldn’t hurt if wrh had some sort of a passing game either.

Last edited:
Better refs and the outcome would be different as well but I guess that’s just a given in hsfb at our level. It wouldn’t hurt if wrh had some sort of a passing game either.
We got enough. You of all people should know that

Zero threat of a passing game, it’s non existent. See your dogs soon, don’t look for it to be as inviting as the past couple of trips.
Yal are automatic advance for us. That little sideline passing game won't be hard to defend. We have a real defense. Yal haven't seen one in awhile. Go ahead and chirp like last year

does that mean 3 out of 3 is out.
That’s exactly what that means. I have no room to boast up here because we’re 0-2 against your dogs so I won’t. I did get a glimpse of wrh though and they definitely aren’t like the previous dogs teams I’ve seen. Just like yourselves we are a much different team as well and are lead by a dominant running back who has been playing extremely well and is a much welcomed compliment to our pass happy offense. On the contrary we have NO defense and that’s not a good thing.

Reactions: WrhDog448
Haterman is back!
So was I not telling the truth? If your dogs get behind late against any team with a decent defense then they are in big trouble. There is absolutely no other option than to run it, we saw that this past Friday. You were correct about our sideline passing game but if it’s effective then why not use it. It definitely wont work against all teams but Melson definitely loves to thrown the deep ball.

So was I not telling the truth? If your dogs get behind late against any team with a decent defense then they are in big trouble. There is absolutely no other option than to run it, we saw that this past Friday. You were correct about our sideline passing game but if it’s effective then why not use it. It definitely wont work against all teams but Melson definitely loves to thrown the deep ball.
We can and have thrown the ball some. It's not that we can't. Pearsall has td passes this year. The problem with our passing game imo is when to throw. That ain't on our qb. We can throw if not in such a predictable situation. Throw on 1st and 2nd down some, not always 3rd and 10. As bad as everyone has bashed us, especially you, we were only 1 pt away. (1 fg from winning) ed is very good, and so is jk. I've been preaching it all year long. Not much difference in the three DC teams. I feel pretty good about our potential in the playoffs-again. Several good teams that can go far in the east this year, including yours.

Just a fan of the game.Please Wallace don’t entertain anything related to northeastern.Just all talk for last 3 yr.One yr it waz freshwater brother taken them to promise lands .This yr it there powerful running game.. But I will say this .No championship is coming east without a passing game.West will dominate until further notice.

Just a fan of the game.Please Wallace don’t entertain anything related to northeastern.Just all talk for last 3 yr.One yr it waz freshwater brother taken them to promise lands .This yr it there powerful running game.. But I will say this .No championship is coming east without a passing game.West will dominate until further notice.

I think Northeastern has done fine. They were right in the mix a lot of years besides last year. Even last season wasn't terrible

Reactions: dogs79 and daagoob
I think Northeastern has done fine. They were right in the mix a lot of years besides last year. Even last season wasn't terrible
Thanks, the offense wrh runs is one that really gives us problems. We’re only 0-2 against them but to see some of these post you’d think we were like Clemson basketball trying to win at Unc. I think there’s a good chance we see them in round three.

Reactions: dogs79
Well am a NHS fan and if you coming out the east you have to come through Elizabeth City I'm putting everybody on notice you can take it the way you want to

Everybody always got something negative to say about northeastern no we haven't won no championships but how many teams and get to go per year and we have been the two in the last but 5 or 6 years would have been three in a row but they had to put Reidsville in the east to stop us from getting in that year

I’ve never said any bad things about Northeastern. I have questioned the talent in year’s past because I was defending your coaches. That’s when goob disowned me and WRH and because Goobs couldn’t handle losses
No it's not everyone but they know who they are but I wish Wallace the best until they play us 😂😂😂

I’ve never said any bad things about Northeastern. I have questioned the talent in year’s past because I was defending your coaches. That’s when goob disowned me and WRH and because Goobs couldn’t handle losses
Goob is going to be Goob one he NHS and the the Clinton and then the next wrh and next week he might be Kinston that's goob... 😂 😂

Everybody always got something negative to say about northeastern no we haven't won no championships but how many teams and get to go per year and we have been the two in the last but 5 or 6 years would have been three in a row but they had to put Reidsville in the east to stop us from getting in that year
Good post James

Not necessarily Bud, all depends on seeding and timing, timing in regards to when NE plays a Real team, not Pansies.
This statement doesnt hold up well this season. Northeastern has played a more difficult schedule (based on RPI) than ED, WRH, JK or Clinton and many other eastern 2A schools this year.

The conference does have some weaker teams, but they are probably just as good if not better than the worse teams in other conferences.

Need to come up with a different argument this time.

This statement doesnt hold up well this season. Northeastern has played a more difficult schedule (based on RPI) than ED, WRH, JK or Clinton and many other eastern 2A schools this year.

The conference does have some weaker teams, but they are probably just as good if not better than the worse teams in other conferences.

Not really, we hear all this same hype over NE every year and it's always the same song & dance each time. Always OVERRATED, end of discussion.

Based on Highschool OT, ED has the 2nd highest RPI in the East behind Princeton. So what exactly do you mean?

Not really, we hear all this same hype over NE every year and it's always the same song & dance each time. Always OVERRATED, end of discussion.
You heard it, end of discussion. Can’t beat wrh, can’t beat Reidsville but what other schools in the east have had the success that NE has had over the past 6 or so years. Hopefully we get a chance to right ourselves against wrh this postseason. We’ll just have to see how things play out because the eastern field is loaded with some very evenly matched teams.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
The formula used to tabulate RPI factors in opponents winning percentage. Northeastern's opponents have a higher winning percentage combined compared to any of the schools I listed.

Just for the sake of comparison, using Simmons, NE strength of schedule is rated 27th in 2A. WRH is 37, ED is 64, Clinton 77, Princeton 53 and JK 90. Those were before last weeks results.

Its fine to point out the past successes or failures of any program, but to say that Northeastern has played "pansies" this season is just not accurate.

The formula used to tabulate RPI factors in opponents winning percentage. Northeastern's opponents have a higher winning percentage combined compared to any of the schools I listed.

Just for the sake of comparison, using Simmons, NE strength of schedule is rated 27th in 2A. WRH is 37, ED is 64, Clinton 77, Princeton 53 and JK 90. Those were before last weeks results.

Its fine to point out the past successes or failures of any program, but to say that Northeastern has played "pansies" this season is just not accurate.
And you just proved that rpi means nothing as Wrh has a stronger SOS but ED won, NEXT!!

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Its not used to figure who would beat who Einstein. Its just a unit of measure for this purpose. SImmons is based off a computer. RPI is based off of actual won/loss records.

Rocky Mount, Rose, Hertford and Holmes are all good football teams. Northeastern has played each this year. If I or anyone else has to explain that to you, then all hope is lost.

Carry on.

Its not used to figure who would beat who Einstein. Its just a unit of measure for this purpose. SImmons is based off a computer. RPI is based off of actual won/loss records.

Rocky Mount, Rose, Hertford and Holmes are all good football teams. Northeastern has played each this year. If I or anyone else has to explain that to you, then all hope is lost.

Carry on.
Thanks for the post even though we usually don’t agree. I like reading posts like yours above and the ones the Maiden guys Grizz and Creek put up here in regards to the rpi,brackets,and seedlings. NE has always played a tough ooc schedule to make up for playing in a weaker conference with the exception of this year of course.

Carry on.
But you're trying to use it to make your point, you just don't like the fact that I used your material against you. Use all the ratings/rankings you want but NE is always overrated each year and once they play someone decent, they lose.

Reactions: User20.014
But you're trying to use it to make your point, you just don't like the fact that I used your material against you. Use all the ratings/rankings you want but NE is always overrated each year and once they play someone decent, they
So based off this then it would be fair to say that the only decent 2a team in the east that we’ve played has been wrh. One year Reidsville went east and they beat us but outside of them we’ve only lost to wrh. You may not respect our program but we’ve beaten everyone thats been put in front of us in the playoffs I’m going back 5 years, maybe 6 I’m not going to go look on Maxpreps. These are facts and I can promise you that we’ve played some good teams in the playoffs going back to a good Swo team with Derrick Green and a very good Clinton team on the road for the eastern championship, these are just a couple that come to mind

My point by referencing those teams was to show rational posters or those that read these boards that Northeastern has not played more "patsies" than anyone else this year. Every team in the ECC with the exception of WRH, JK, ED and Kinston this year could be called that. Every team in the SAC with the exception of Clinton and St Paul can be called that. Each team in the NEC with the exception of Holmes, NE and Hertford can be called that. I mean come on.

Yes, its true that NE is 0-2 against WRH recently and 0-2 against ED though those games were over a decade ago but those games have no bearing on this season. Not sure if they have ever played JK but I do recall them beating SWO a few years ago. As someone else pointed out, NE defeated Clinton at Clinton in the eastern championship recently. Give credit where credit is due.

I see NE as a 3 or 4 seed so unless both the 1 and 2 seeds lose, the Eagles will have to travel at some point.

My point by referencing those teams was to show rational posters or those that read these boards that Northeastern has not played more "patsies" than anyone else this year. Every team in the ECC with the exception of WRH, JK, ED and Kinston this year could be called that. Every team in the SAC with the exception of Clinton and St Paul can be called that. Each team in the NEC with the exception of Holmes, NE and Hertford can be called that. I mean come on.

Yes, its true that NE is 0-2 against WRH recently and 0-2 against ED though those games were over a decade ago but those games have no bearing on this season. Not sure if they have ever played JK but I do recall them beating SWO a few years ago. As someone else pointed out, NE defeated Clinton at Clinton in the eastern championship recently. Give credit where credit is due.

I see NE as a 3 or 4 seed so unless both the 1 and 2 seeds lose, the Eagles will have to travel at some point.
You had me until mention of beating Clinton!😂😂😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT