ADVERTISEMENT

Wallace @ East Duplin

TD Pass2

Nov 25, 2016
In my opinion, this IS the Game of the Week in the East. Let's get the conversation started....

Both teams are 7-1 and 4-0 in conference. Still two games left in the regular season, but this game could determine the conference champion as well as a top seed in the playoffs.

East Duplin is averaging 51.5 points a game compared to WRH's 48.25. Both defenses are allowing around 14 points a game on average. East Duplin is 4-0 at home and Wallace is 2-0 on the road.

East Duplin is led by RB Avery Gaby (140 y/g avg.) while Wallace is led by RB Corbin Kerr (119 y/g avg.) After reviewing the stats on MaxPreps, Wallace has 4 rushers with at least 450+ yards this season. Impressive.

The differences in this game IMO will be: Can ED pass effectively and how well can the Bulldogs defend it? Can ED stop the Bulldogs stable of running backs?

Both teams are hungry, talented, well coached, and will bring it Friday night. I'm hoping for a great, injury-free game. I'll take my Panthers in a close one. ED by 7.

This will be the game of the week in the east.... Wrh will look to avenge a loss from last year to the Panthers and ED will look to knock off a rival for the second straight year and possibly vie for the top seed in the east 2-a portion of the playoffs... For the Panthers win and you got the conference again for another year... Lose and you need jk to beat wrh the week after for a three way tie...

This will be the game of the week in the east.... Wrh will look to avenge a loss from last year to the Panthers and ED will look to knock off a rival for the second straight year and possibly vie for the top seed in the east 2-a portion of the playoffs... For the Panthers win and you got the conference again for another year... Lose and you need jk to beat wrh the week after for a three way tie...
What u mean avenge a lost from last year? They did that by beating ED in the playoff last year weather conference championship or not lol

What u mean avenge a lost from last year? They did that by beating ED in the playoff last year weather conference championship or not lol
Granted the win last year was alot sweeter for the dogs but I'm pretty sure they still want to avenge last year's defeat for the conference championship which I know that game is still in the minds of the dogs this year... Before the season each high school football coaches goal for each team is to 1.start the season healthy 2.win your first game 3.win the conference championship 4. Make the playoffs (if you win the championship then most of the time you in the playoffs) and get the best seed possible 5.Win the Regionals 6.Win the state championship game!

Granted the win last year was alot sweeter for the dogs but I'm pretty sure they still want to avenge last year's defeat for the conference championship which I know that game is still in the minds of the dogs this year... Before the season each high school football coaches goal for each team is to 1.start the season healthy 2.win your first game 3.win the conference championship 4. Make the playoffs (if you win the championship then most of the time you in the playoffs) and get the best seed possible 5.Win the Regionals 6.Win the state championship game!
I got u tho

I really thought the Leesville Road game was on the road. I wanted to see that game. Good thing I didn't go lol. Did Wallace really start the season with 5 straight home games? Well then lol.

Reactions: O&B Attack
Mighty Quiet!!! I was expecting a bunch of Dogs to be barking
I don't think there will be much smack talked before this game by Wallace or East Duplin fans because both know it could go either way. Don't think either team will blow-out the other. Most likely it will be whoever makes the least mistakes wins. I believe if anyone talks much smack it will be outsiders.

Reactions: dogs79 and oldway55
This game will come down to coaching. What will ED do to make up for their lack of team speed to keep up with Wallace? And how soon will Wallace make adjustments to counter that? I'll be pulling for the dogs 🐕 in this one, just so that my Tigers 🐅 can get another shot at the conference crown 👑.
Dogs 24
Panthers 14

East Duplin is senior heavy. I expect ED to play their best game. WRH and ED will probly play again in playoffs but to this point this game means everything. Big time high school football game around these parts. Oldway, what do you think attendance will be?

JK and Southwest playing each other will hurt some.. It was packed at the regular season game at Wallace last year but probably more at the playoff game at ED because no of the others were playing. I'm still think probably 4000. Opening the gates at 5

Last edited:
East Duplin is senior heavy. I expect ED to play their best game. WRH and ED will probly play again in playoffs but to this point this game means everything. Big time high school football game around these parts. Oldway, what do you think attendance will be?
I'm not oldway but I expect 3-5000, we've had about 5,000 in attendance in the past when Wallace came to ED.

JK and Southwest playing each other will hurt some.. It was packed at the regular season game at Wallace last year but probably more at the playoff game at ED because no of the others were playing. I'm still think probably 4000.
I know what you're saying but who wants to watch JK obliterate SWO. Other than parents of the players, most folks will come see the Showdown of the East

79 I do think there's a good chance we see each other again too. No matter how it goes Friday

Reactions: dogs79
JK and Southwest playing each other will hurt some.. It was packed at the regular season game at Wallace last year but probably more at the playoff game at ED because no of the others were playing. I'm still think probably 4000. Opening the gates at 5
Gates are opening at 5? Do you know what time the tickets go on sale tomorrow?

Gates are opening at 5? Do you know what time the tickets go on sale tomorrow?
I guess first thing in the morning. Once school starts. Yes gates will open at 5 Friday. Edit to this just saw tickets on sale from 9am to 2 pm at ED. Probably the same at WRH.

Last edited:
Reactions: TD Pass2
I picked ED to win the conference when the season started, and although my Bulldogs are better than I thought I will go with my brain and not my heart and say ED wins this one in a close one. This is their year to make do some damage in the playoffs, along with WRH. ED wins at home in a close one. I will be very happy to be wrong in this one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT