ADVERTISEMENT

Wallace @ East Duplin

I picked ED to win the conference when the season started, and although my Bulldogs are better than I thought I will go with my brain and not my heart and say ED wins this one in a close one. This is their year to make do some damage in the playoffs, along with WRH. ED wins at home in a close one. I will be very happy to be wrong in this one.
I kinda agree with 08. I hate to even say it publicly, but I think ed has more weapons and more disciplined right now. My heart ain't with my pick. We on the road, don't expect not favors from the zebras over there either. We have potential to win, buy we've been sloppy imo lately. I think it'll come down to execution and discipline, and of course, who wins the turnover battle. Ed by 10. This time.

Reactions: Tiger_Pride31
Is Beulaville closer to Swansboro or Topsail from the ICW? Really want to drop anchor and see this one

Honestly it is refreshing to see posters even consider picking against the team they follow. Some on here would pick their team if they were playing Ohio State in Columbus this Saturday.

I think its safe to say that this game should deliver and by Friday everything that needs to be said will have been said by the experts and naysayers on here.

Another showdown between the two Duplin programs that are so similar in their approach it is often eerie. Obvious storylines each time they play and recent games have been terrific one possession types that could have gone either way. WRH wins the eye test with ED as do most when playing the Panthers. The Bulldogs have been the favorite the majority of the 60+ meetings but ED has held their own recently winning 4 out of 6 including the last three played at Legion.

Duplin county is very fortunate to have the quality of football it has again this year with JK also having a great season and a resurgent ND program in the 1A ranks. Cant wait for this Friday in Beulaville and get to do it again next week with JK and WRH in Legion.

I expect it to be a pretty crowded game Friday night....yes jk SWO will probably take away some of the fan population (as mostly die hard tigers/stallions and parents will attend the game in Warsaw) but alot of eyes will be at the east duplin wrh game

As a Clinton fan this is like when dook and state play being a Carolina fan, you wish there was a way they both could lose. With that being said, these two programs are very good. WRH may have the titles, but ED is always a tough out every year. I imagine this game will be a hard nose fought game that will come down to the wire. I’ll pick ED 28-27 only because they are at home. Best of luck to both teams. Hopefully Clinton gets to see either one of you in the playoffs if nothing more than to add to pageantry that is HS football in Sampson/Duplin Co.

I could see almost a repeat of last year. Panthers take this one in a close game and then the Dogs getting revenge in the playoffs. We have a tendency to be more aggressive in the playoffs with play calling and adjustments. The one thing that you can't predict is turnovers. That being set aside, I give ED a slight advantage this weekend.

I could see almost a repeat of last year. Panthers take this one in a close game and then the Dogs getting revenge in the playoffs. We have a tendency to be more aggressive in the playoffs with play calling and adjustments. The one thing that you can't predict is turnovers. That being set aside, I give ED a slight advantage this weekend.

Whoever wins the first match up, I'd probably go the opposite way in the playoffs. Unless its a blowout.

Well well well this game has always divided the county as well as jk and wrh I will say this wrh game last week we played sloppy due to the open week and light practices now more on this game this one can go either way I have cousins on the ED Yeam And A Nephew #8 I’m A bulldog orange and true but this one is what the experts call a trap game because u don’t know the outcome both are capable on offense but wrh defense is better I’ve seen both play and I have to give the edge to ED since they home I could be wrong I’m not an insider for neither team just a fan of HSfootball!! If wrh wins I’m Happy if ED Wins I’m still Happy cause it’s Duplin C baby so good games to Wrh ED And Jk And ND Duplin County looking Good Right now!! Let’s Go Get Em Dawgs Panthers Tigers, Rebels!! We Here To Stay Duplin Strong!!

Strength of schedule will play a big role in Friday night game. I am glad Wallace played Clinton and Leeville-Raleigh. East Duplin played Jk and Princeton. Let’s be honest ED,Jk, and WRH are the big 3 in ECC.

Reactions: O&B Attack
I’ll keep it civil as long as those on the other side of the river keeps it that way. 😂
Well 79 all these folks on both sides being about as civil as it gets. The goob hasn't even jump on here to fire you Wallace guys up. Heck even Chopper being kinda nice 😳🤣. Always nice to hear from ya Chop!! Going to be a good one and I hope we both come out of it injury free. Go Panthers!!!!

Well 79 all these folks on both sides being about as civil as it gets. The goob hasn't even jump on here to fire you Wallace guys up. Heck even Chopper being kinda nice 😳🤣. Always nice to hear from ya Chop!! Going to be a good one and I hope we both come out of it injury free. Go Panthers!!!!
Ain't it nice w/o the outside interference!

I was really just referring to the two hatermen! We ain't that lucky tho. For the record I hope we have a clean injury free game. Huge respect here
I think most all of us know this game will probably be close all the way till the end. I'd be shocked if it wasn't. Even though we rivals respect go both ways.

Reactions: O&B Attack
I been trying to understand why four or five dog fans are picking ED. The number are very close with Ed having about 500 yds more passing yards than my dogs and WRH 800 more rushing. Ed has 12 tds passing and WRH has 11. No advantage there. WRH has 44 rushing tds and Ed has 43. No advantage there. No doubt Battle will have a trick play or two but is going to pound the ball like they do and is averaging 324 yds per game rushing with 2 backs getting the most touches with Gaby getting double yds over the next closest back. WRH is averaging 420 rushing yds per game rushing with 5 backs. I think WRH is going to pound the ball like Princeton did at Ed’s smaller d line and wear them down. Probly see some wildcat from WRH. I think WRH is better suited to play ball control than last year because we don’t score as fast. I expect Ed to try to control clock like always to keep WRH’s possessions 5 or 6. I remember against Javonte in 17 I think we had 4 maybe 5. I don’t see either team having many turnovers. Both teams averaging less than one turnover a game. I’m not sure ED’s defense is quiet as good as last years team and WRH’s has shown the ability to shut down drives with strength and speed. Ed does have great speed on offense. Probly the best offense they’ve had. Don’t know why those two dogs are picking against WRH because the #’s don’t show enough to make these few fans pick against our dogs. I had rather pick WRH to win and be wrong than to pick Ed and be right. WRH 27-21.

Here's the facts about ED small D line. The starters. Two 2 tackles are 6.2 250 give or take. One D end is 6.5 230. The other starter is small about 180 but is now giving time away to Scarborough ( we always seem to have a Scarborough) he 6.3 215. Middle backer is 6.2 210. Others are about 180 to 185. None are let's say big boys. They are lean,in shape and done their time in the weight room. Battle makes sure of that. So that's the best we got. Those are facts. And Gaby is used when needed at D end or backer as needed

Last edited:
I been trying to understand why four or five dog fans are picking ED. The number are very close with Ed having about 500 yds more passing yards than my dogs and WRH 800 more rushing. Ed has 12 tds passing and WRH has 11. No advantage there. WRH has 44 rushing tds and Ed has 43. No advantage there. No doubt Battle will have a trick play or two but is going to pound the ball like they do and is averaging 324 yds per game rushing with 2 backs getting the most touches with Gaby getting double yds over the next closest back. WRH is averaging 420 rushing yds per game rushing with 5 backs. I think WRH is going to pound the ball like Princeton did at Ed’s smaller d line and wear them down. Probly see some wildcat from WRH. I think WRH is better suited to play ball control than last year because we don’t score as fast. I expect Ed to try to control clock like always to keep WRH’s possessions 5 or 6. I remember against Javonte in 17 I think we had 4 maybe 5. I don’t see either team having many turnovers. Both teams averaging less than one turnover a game. I’m not sure ED’s defense is quiet as good as last years team and WRH’s has shown the ability to shut down drives with strength and speed. Ed does have great speed on offense. Probly the best offense they’ve had. Don’t know why those two dogs are picking against WRH because the #’s don’t show enough to make these few fans pick against our dogs. I had rather pick WRH to win and be wrong than to pick Ed and be right. WRH 27-21.
We haven't had any success to speak of defending the pass. They're gonna throw it some this year. They also seem to be more disciplined in terms of penalties from what I've seen. I think we can win, but I feel, like last year, the second d match-up will put us in a better situation to win. I hope I'm wrong, but we just haven't put that all-around game together yet. They are senior laden as you know, and that matters. Man I hope I'm wrong, but I don't feel it right now. Loser should feel no shame here. I don't come on here like some and just boast and try to trigger an argument. I'm giving an objective opinion, that's all.

We haven't had any success to speak of defending the pass. They're gonna throw it some this year. They also seem to be more disciplined in terms of penalties from what I've seen. I think we can win, but I feel, like last year, the second d match-up will put us in a better situation to win. I hope I'm wrong, but we just haven't put that all-around game together yet. They are senior laden as you know, and that matters. Man I hope I'm wrong, but I don't feel it right now. Loser should feel no shame here. I don't come on here like some and just boast and try to trigger an argument. I'm giving an objective opinion, that's all.
My opinion is objective also with me picking WRH to win. I bet you pick your cowpies to win against the eagles when almost all other fans pick the eagles. The #’s are a report card on past. Doesn’t mean a lot in this game. I do agree a dogs loss will help them later. I just want to play in the dog pound all the way to the ship

My opinion is objective also with me picking WRH to win. I bet you pick your cowpies to win against the eagles when almost all other fans pick the eagles. The #’s are a report card on past. Doesn’t mean a lot in this game. I do agree a dogs loss will help them later. I just want to play in the dog pound all the way to the ship
No, actually I didn't pick the copies as you put it. I did however pick my copies to beat your dead skins a few weeks back. I promise you don't want the dogs to win any more than I. We better learn how to guard somebody (Kinston dropped 2tds) or we gonna suffer imo. I know we have the potential to run the table- just don't think k we peaking yet, and that can be a good thing. This conference top notch- I put our top three against any other top three. (For sure in the east)

No, actually I didn't pick the copies as you put it. I did however pick my copies to beat your dead skins a few weeks back. I promise you don't want the dogs to win any more than I. We better learn how to guard somebody (Kinston dropped 2tds) or we gonna suffer imo. I know we have the potential to run the table- just don't think k we peaking yet, and that can be a good thing. This conference top notch- I put our top three against any other top three. (For sure in the east)
Now you talking olddog. I was a dead skin fan all my life but there is no such team anymore. Snyder ruined it for me.

According to my records, WRH holds a 8-6 series advantage over the last 14 matchups. The overall series (over 60 meetings) is one sided in WRHs favor as ED was not very good at all for the first 25 years or so of the schools existence. In addition, WRH has had more sustained success for a longer period of time. EDs success runs more in cycles.

Of the last 14 games, 10 have been decided by 10 points or less. ED largest margin of victory in those games was 32 points (38-6 in 2012) while WRH won in 2014 (53-7) and 2015 (45-0).

The surprising thing to me is that ED has won the last three times they have played at Legion Stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT