ADVERTISEMENT

SWE 2-2 @ Farmville Central 4-0

SWE'98

Aug 17, 2010
SWE has been playing like an actual football team the last two weeks. Even put a little fear in Tarboro last week, going into the locker room with the lead. FC has a sparkling record, however, all of their opponents have a combined record of 0-15. Are they as good as their record says they are? Is SWE really improving? Let's find out!

Last edited:
Two consecutive false starts dooms the drive before it began. Turnover on downs.

Quick note: FC backs are shifty and fast! And their O line is opening huge holes. No huddle offense is killing us so far.

After starting at the 20, SWE is moving the ball nicely on the ground. But a huge sack moves the ball from the FC 40 to the 50. QB is down for 5 minutes. Looks like a hip injury.

The defense holds them to negative yards. 4th and 12. Quarter ends.

After a penalty, FC punts from the 3. Terrible kick, goes out of bounds at own 11.

To hold FC 's high flying offense scoreless after 1 is either a testament to our defense or an indictment in FC's previous opponents.

Took a bunch of plays lol, but SWE gets the 11 yards needed for the score.
SWE 7
FC 0

In the first quarter, FC O line was eating. I could see why they've been scoring 50, 60, 70 points. The holes they opened were huge and it looked like it could be a long night for our defense. A fortunate red zone fumble by them is what kept them off the scoreboard. Meanwhile, their D line stopped our plays before they began. Our first touchdown was only a meager 11 yards, and we struggled to get those. The second quarter was much different. Farmville's O line has disappeared. Those holes are now closed and the SWE defense is shutting FC down. Their only td was a 20 yard drive, with 15 of those yards coming on a td pass. In the first quarter,FC offense looked like a unit that could score 60. In the second, it looks like an offense that just may be able to score 20. Their D line, however, continues to wreck havoc. They are living in our backfield. So much so that if our backs could just get past the the initial surge at the snap, it would be nothing but grass in front of him, because the entire defense is on our side of the ball instantly. That's how we scored on the 31 yard run.
All in all, I am convinced that FC's record is indicative of the quality of opponents they have played. We might not be a great team, but we are far better than North Lenoir, Goldsboro, Pamlico, and Roanoke Rapids. But if they play like they did in the first quarter, they can come back and win. I'm impressed with the growth of SWE this season. Poor opponents or not, you don't score more than 50 points regularly by being a bad team yourself. To hold them to 7 at the half is nothing to yawn about.

Seemed like we scored 3 times this drive. One run looked like he was in from my view point, but I guess he wasn't. Next play, easy score, only to be called back for a hold. Finally, we scored a TD that counts. Xp blocked.
SWE 26
FC 21

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT