ADVERTISEMENT

SW Edgecombe 6-2 @ Washington 2-6

SWE'98

Aug 17, 2010
Been in Beaufort County all day, fishing and crabbing. Now it's time for some football! This should be a sound victories SWE, but they play on the field, not on paper. I'm hoping for a quick one so I can get home and turn some hot water on these crabs😋!

First thoughts.... Washington has very few players. I can see fatigue being a culprit in their season going the way it is.

Quick 30 yards on 2 plays. 6 plays later, 3 yard TD run.
SWE 7 Wash 0

4th and 1, Pam Pack back bowls over Cougar defender for the 1st at midfield. Pack goes backwards after that, leading to 4th and 18. Punt to SWE 14.

Last edited:
20 yard carry. Then great defensive stops by Washington. However, facing 4th and 12 from the 50, SWE cruises in on the ground for a 50 yard TD.
SWE 14 Wash 0

First play, nice run to the 40.
End of first.
SWE 14
Wash 0

Washington has been watching film. They have noticed, just like everyone else, that we play so far off the receivers, a quick outlet pass immediately after the snap will get ya something, especially if you have a shifty athlete out there.

I didn't think he was gonna even attempt it. But when he made it, the home crowd cheered loudly. It must have been special in some way. Perhaps he's a rarely used senior. It was a great kick.

SWE ball at 31. 2 plays crosses midfield. Few plays later, 5 yard TD scamper.
SWE 20 Wash 3.

The PAT was blocked and caught by the kicker without the ball hitting the ground. He took off and had a clear path to the end zone, but the refs blew the play dead. Is that right?

First play, drop back, QB scrambles for 39 yards. Next play, pass is intercepted at Washington 15.

10 seconds left in the half, Washington punts a line drive that our returner tried to run and meet. Expectedly, it bounces off his chest and is recovered by Washington at the SWE 40. However, they can do nothing with it, and the half ends.
SWE 14 6 = 20
Wash 0 10 = 10

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Play action to the tight end is wide open, and he catches it, but when he turned upfield, he stumbled. It was a sure touchdown.

Maybe we're trying things out for next week's conference championship game. We don't look bad. We just don't look sharp. Maybe I'm just expecting more vs a 2-6 team.

We definitely are trying things. Up 27-10, we attempted an onside kick. The one where the kicker basically squibs it to himself. Washington recovered it, but we were offsides. The rekick is returned to the Wash 20.

Last edited:
SWE intercepts at midfield and returns ball to the Wash 10.

Takes ball down to the 13. Quarter ends.
SWE 14 6 13 = 33
Wash 0 10. 0 = 10

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT