ADVERTISEMENT

SW Edgecombe 4-2 @ North Pitt 3-2

SWE'98

Aug 17, 2010
Interesting matchup, one that SWE should win. SHOULD. The Cougar offense seems to have found their grove, even though the run defense is still a major problem. NP, on the other hand, came out of the gates on fire, doing just enough to win their first 3 games, including a shocker at Edenton Holmes. Since then, they've lost 2 straight, including a road loss to Greene Central, a team SWE just beat by 31. I don't expect this one to be much of a problem for SWE, but that odd shaped ball has a funny way of bouncing sometimes. 48-20 is my guess. Updates during the game if signal allows.

Reactions: dogs79
NP start at own 40. As expected, chunk runs take the ball straight down the field. A few short passes did keep SWE off balance, but each rush was for big yardage. A 6 yard QB keeper for a TD opens the scoring. Two pointer no good.
SWE 0 NP 6

Reactions: Maiden Creek
SWE ball at own 30. NP defense is stacking the box and pushes us back a couple of yards on our first two rushing attempts. Then a play action pass goes for 70 yards down to the 5. Even then, we struggle to punch it in from there. We do, and the score is 7-6.

NP ball at own 35. Powerful rushes again take the ball to the SWE 40, where a beautiful 40 yard pass nets NP 6. 2 ptd is good.
SWE 7 NP 14

SWE ball at own 30. 40 yard run to NP 30. The quarter ends during the drive.
7-14 NP leads.

NP has all 11 on on the defensive LOS, yet we've attempted to pass only twice. The first one went for 70, and the second one resulted in the QB scrambling for yards . If the rb gets past the wall of defenders, it's an easy 6, because there will be no one there. But getting past the wall is the problem. Throwing over it makes sense, but I'm not a coach.

NP ball at own 29. We can't seem to control their offense. A snap over the QB head is the only thing that stops their drive. Punt to SWE 25.

The refs are from down the street. The number of phantom calls against the Cougars has the entire congregation over here livid! Holding and facemask. Holding and facemask. They've called them at least 4 times each on us, Only 1 flag on NP.

The refs finally get the ball down to the SWE 2, where the Panthers take in. 2pt no good
SWE 14 NP 20

I would love to see what adjustments we make. NP isnt doing anything special on defense other than playing 11 on 10 at the LOS, once the QB hands the ball off. And for whatever reason, we keep trying to shove it down their throats. As for our defense, we aren't doing a thing to stop them. They are having their way, and we can only hope for a mistake. And then there's the team in black and white. Good Lord, for the score to only be 20-14 is a miracle. They are so one sided tonight. I know refs are supposed to come from out of area, but I believe these guys are North Pitt custodians or something. I've never heard an entire bleacher section boo refs lol. But these phantom calls are killing every good thing we're doing.

SWE ball at own 37. Drove to the 1, and need all four downs to score. We threw a pass into the drive, which is wide open for big yards. Hopefully, we'll pass more.
SWE 21 NP 20

NP ball at 50. Play clock didn't move for two plays. I swear, they are in it together lol.

Last edited:
NP had their way with us in the first half, but the staff made great halftime adjustments were made. We ran the ball better, and we came up with 3 red zone stops, with one being at the 3. 21-0 was the second half score.
We gave without a doubt secured a spot in the playoffs and are still tied for first in the conference. We aren't title contenders, but we will end someone's season in the playoffs.

Last edited:
NP had their way with us in the first half, but the staff made great halftime adjustments were made. We ran the ball better, and we came up with 3 red zone stops, with one being at the 3. 21-0 was the second half score. I'm not sure the suspended coach would have done the same.
We gave without a doubt secured a spot in the playoffs and are still tied for first in the conference. We aren't title contenders, but we will end someone's season in the playoffs.
Seems as though we've improved offensively with Varnell benched. Just curious, what defense were we in last night? 5-3?

NP had their way with us in the first half, but the staff made great halftime adjustments were made. We ran the ball better, and we came up with 3 red zone stops, with one being at the 3. 21-0 was the second half score. I'm not sure the suspended coach would have done the same.
Varnell has been back for the last 3 games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT