ADVERTISEMENT

Greene Central 2-3 vs SW Edgecombe 3-2

SWE'98

Aug 17, 2010
After an outstanding year last year, the Greene Central Rams are off to a slow start this season. I still see good things from them. Hopefully, SWE can atone for the beat down that the Rams handed to them in Snow Hill last year.

The Cougar run defense continues to allow massive ypc. I'd guess 8 yards a run. And on 4th and 2 from own 17, SWE is drawn offsides for a free first down. The next play, GC punches it in.
SWE 6 GC 7

Reactions: Maiden Creek
First play, two receivers open on sideline, but the pass is well short and intercepted at the GC 20.

Last edited:
GC's pass intercepted at the 50 and returned to the GC 14.

Last edited:
3 plays. 20 yard carry. 7 yard carry. 18 yard carry for the td.
SWE 20 GC 7

Last edited:
GC with nice a nice drive down to the SWE 20, where they fumble and give it to SWE.

After an outstanding year last year, the Greene Central Rams are off to a slow start this season. I still see good things from them. Hopefully, SWE can atone for the beat down that the Rams handed to them in Snow Hill last year.
According to a friend that has a son on the team, they had a few key players graduate and then a few have been suspended due to a fight a game or two ago. He didn’t seem to have as high of expectations for the team as last year.

Reactions: SWE'98
SWE QB throws ball away well outside of the pocket, yet gets called for intentional grounding. Ball at own 10.

SWE takes it out of the shadow of their own end zone with a bruising ground attack. A 32 yard pass with a facemask on the tackle takes the ball to the GC 15.

4th and goal from the 5 results in another Cougar TD. Went for 2, but false start kills play. Kick is blocked. After being pushed back to the 10, driving 90 yards was sweet!
SWE 26 GC 7
29 seconds left in half.

Last edited:
I don't see a bad team in GC. Turnovers are the reason for the score. They haven't punted (neither have we), and have been deep in our territory. But you can't score from 20 to 20. That's where they've been outstanding.

Last edited:
According to a friend that has a son on the team, they had a few key players graduate and then a few have been suspended due to a fight a game or two ago. He didn’t seem to have as high of expectations for the team as last year.
That's a shame. My wife graduated from GC, so she was excited about last year's team and the future. She's not too happy right now. Guess I won't be getting any tonight😂

• Haha
Reactions: TD Pass2
GC ball at own 25. Pass intercepted at SWE 35 and returned to the GC 45.

SWE can do nothing with the turnover, resulting in the first punt of the game. Excellent punt to the 10. The receiver bobbles it. Ball recovered by SWE!

Last edited:
As for this game, GC would be in it if it wasn't for turning the ball over. Interceptions and lost fumbles are killing them. They aren't this bad on non turnover plays.

58 yard td run. Xp no good. The constant missed kicks are gonna come into play in November.
SWE 39 GC 7

With 7 minutes left, GC scores from 5 yards out and converts the 2.
SWE 39 GC 15

Onside kick recovered at 50. After giving up so many inside last week, that was nice to see.

Aided by a 24 yard run, SWE scores from 10 yards out. 4 plays.
SWE 46 GC 15

GC ball at own 40.
Drive to SWE 20. Game ends.

Last edited:
As for this game, GC would be in it if it wasn't for turning the ball over. Interceptions and lost fumbles are killing them. They aren't this bad on non turnover plays.
Yep. They moved the ball well. I'd love to see our defense switch into a 4-4. The 5-3 is ok, except when our outside lb has to cover a twin set leaving only 2 backers. Their tackle would crack block linebacker and the lead back would block the end. If our end would set the edge the back cuts inside into a gaping hole, and our safety should be there, should, but it's not happening, just like in the second half of the Tarboro game. When our d.e. goes inside, the outside is nothing but green grass for at least 6-8 yards, and our defense doesn't tackle all that well. Too many arm tackles or just getting whiffed. I will say we have improved on game situations knowing who is supposed to be on the field. It didn't look like the clown show like the Tarboro game with players running on late, or having to run a player off because we have too many players on the field. And I'll give a shout out to both bands. Both sounded great and the kids looked like they were having a blast.

Yep. They moved the ball well. I'd love to see our defense switch into a 4-4. The 5-3 is ok, except when our outside lb has to cover a twin set leaving only 2 backers. Their tackle would crack block linebacker and the lead back would block the end. If our end would set the edge the back cuts inside into a gaping hole, and our safety should be there, should, but it's not happening, just like in the second half of the Tarboro game. When our d.e. goes inside, the outside is nothing but green grass for at least 6-8 yards, and our defense doesn't tackle all that well. Too many arm tackles or just getting whiffed. I will say we have improved on game situations knowing who is supposed to be on the field. It didn't look like the clown show like the Tarboro game with players running on late, or having to run a player off because we have too many players on the field. And I'll give a shout out to both bands. Both sounded great and the kids looked like they were having a blast.
What did you think about the 90 yard fumble return that was overturned? Backwards pass? It looked at least lateral to me. Definitely wasn't forward. Either way, the defender did exactly what he was supposed to do. No whistle. Pick it up and run.

What did you think about the 90 yard fumble return that was overturned? Backwards pass? It looked at least lateral to me. Definitely wasn't forward. Either way, the defender did exactly what he was supposed to do. No whistle. Pick it up and run.
It was close, but I think it was forward. Our linebacker even picked up the ball and stopped thinking the same thing. When the whistle didn't blow he took off. On the intentional grounding call, it was waved off and GC took the offensive pass interference, which is interesting due to the fact the ball was completely uncatchable by anybody, even on the GC sideline.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT