ADVERTISEMENT

South Point vs. West Lincoln

raider1959

Oct 10, 2009
Really don't know what to think of this game. As I have said before has been an odd year for SP. Each game you never know which Red Raider team you are going to get. Last Friday night at Smoky Mountain, offense played well. Defense was very mediocre. Any thoughts on tomorrow's game. GO BIG RED?!

SP wins this one big 28-7. SP will be to physical for WL
I’m going the opposite way .. I’m thinking West Lincoln by 10. West Lincoln has had some really big games and some very questionable ones probably a lot like South point. Either way I think it’ll be a really good game

If SP can somehow pull off this win, it will be a fantastic season for this year's team. A guaranteed .500 season and playing after Thanksgiving. Who would have thought this team could accomplish this, the way this season has gone. I still don't think they should have even made playoffs with a losing record coming in but I will be there anyway to support them as I was last week. You play the cards you are dealt, good or bad. Gotta get this win on Friday to salvage the season but no guarantees there for sure.

I’ve heard SP may have lost a key player. Hate to hear it for the kid. This should really be a good game. I would have given SP the edge if everyone was healthy.

Raider59 and Raider73 good luck to South Point. One of the old Southwest conference schools from back in the day. I like West Lincoln, too.
The Red Raiders are 6-6 but if any team can have a breakout game it is you. I haven’t forgotten 2016. SP was 2-4 half way through the season but would go on to win the title. I’m not sure if you’ve played West Lincoln but it should be interesting.
I haven’t seen any posts from Seadog. He must be working. Hope all is well with him. He is truly iconic.

Last edited:
West Lincoln has never hosted a playoff game in the history of the school. Expect the biggest crowd that has ever filled that stadium. I know some people that are going over there at noon to put out their blankets for their seats on the home side. Should be a great atmosphere. Is Grier or Love or whatever he is going by now playing?

Good morning all; ive been on the down low this week for lack of words and nerves. It sounds ridiculous but I think I get more nervous than the players lol. The time is finally here. As you all know I don't predict outcome for my own superstitious reasons. I can say this talking with my son; they are ready and pumped. I don't think I will ever see so much adrenaline and testosterone again out of this group unless we visit shelby next week. Like ive said before; its all about the effort. I'm hoping for a enjoyable game for our first ever home playoff game. Win or lose this group has made history two years in a row and have nothing to hang thier heads about. Good luck to South Point tonight and to all of you South Point posters it would be my pleasure to meet y'all tonight. It isn't often these two teams meet. Good luck to Maiden, North and Newton; I will be cheering you on. I'm still a little sore over the Newton lose but I hope you guys stick it to Reidsville (uphill battle for sure but play hard). Same to Maiden, Shelby posters I got nothing but love for you. You guys showed us much respect and love after our first round meeting last and that showed real class but I gotta cheer for my South Fork faithful; hope you understand.

Pray for safe game for both teams. It will be a fairly short drive for me. I only live about 9 miles from school. GO BIG RED!!!

Hope they don't run out of hot dogs before we get there.
The East Gaston Crew (TarheelWarrior, his dad and brother, me) are coming to West Lincoln (first time at West Lincoln ever). We always show up if there is chance SP will lose. ;)

WL have never been here before advantage goes to SP. SP will be too much for WL, "Go Big Red"
I think it will come down to how quickly WL's defense can react to the Redbone. WL could get in a big hole quickly, if they don't.

The East Gaston Crew (TarheelWarrior, his dad and brother, me) are coming to West Lincoln (first time at West Lincoln ever). We always show up if there is chance SP will lose. ;)
You must have been at every SP game this year then because this team sure has taken the chance of losing practically every week except for East Gaston and Stuart Cramer.

Congrats WL on the win and to SP as well. Nobody expected y’all to make the playoffs much less the second round.

Congratulations to West Lincoln. For SP it's finally the end of a very very frustrating season. West Lincoln is a tough team but SP had the opportunities to win again but just keep shooting themselves in the foot. I again question our coaches and wonder if they have what it takes to run a team. There seems to be no discipline on the team as personal fouls even after the play have cost us over and over. Instead of disciplining these players, they are hugged on the sideline and put right back into the game where they are repeat offenders. These players should be put on the bench but our coaches are letting this continue. What a joke, the inmates are running the asylum. Anyway, congratulations to West Lincoln and good luck next week against Shelby. Realistically it will be a very one sided game because WL is way too one dimensional. Shelby will run over them as easy as they would have SP. It's sad that the season is over but it is also a relief that we don't have to endure one more disappointing butt whipping by the Golden Lions. Good luck to both teams next week.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
Congrats to SP on a season of playing with ❤
See u guys next year and in other sports

Congratulations to West Lincoln. For SP it's finally the end of a very very frustrating season. West Lincoln is a tough team but SP had the opportunities to win again but just keep shooting themselves in the foot. I again question our coaches and wonder if they have what it takes to run a team. There seems to be no discipline on the team as personal fouls even after the play have cost us over and over. Instead of disciplining these players, they are hugged on the sideline and put right back into the game where they are repeat offenders. These players should be put on the bench but our coaches are letting this continue. What a joke, the inmates are running the asylum. Anyway, congratulations to West Lincoln and good luck next week against Shelby. Realistically it will be a very one sided game because WL is way too one dimensional. Shelby will run over them as easy as they would have SP. It's sad that the season is over but it is also a relief that we don't have to endure one more disappointing butt whipping by the Golden Lions. Good luck to both teams next week.
Yep, Shelby will manhandle West Lincoln. As for tonight's game, SP 5 and 23 should have touched the ball more (like every play)! IMO, no way SP should have lost tonight.

Yep, Shelby will manhandle West Lincoln. As for tonight's game, SP 5 and 23 should have touched the ball more (like every play)! IMO, no way SP should have lost tonight.
I agree that we had the ponies to win this game if their heads had been in it. It has been this way most of the season. So frustrating to see what could be if we had descent coaches like we have always been blessed to have. This bunch is in way over their heads.

Reactions: RidiculouslyRED
After seeing WL play tonight much respect for their coaching staff. They kept the raiders guessing all night long. SP simply did not have the answer for WLoffense tonight. Of course we helped them even more with several unnecessary long penalties. SP seemed very easy to predict tonight. We can't blame the officials as they made some terrible calls in favor of both teams.

First home playoff game victory is in the books. Congrats to the REBELS!

THANK YOU Raiders for a good season. SP had several key players that did not finish the season as part of the team for various reasons and several more than had early season -ending injuries. Seemed like a lot more than usual. It was a season that was sort of mysterious in a way.
Good win for the rebels they deserved it.
RR

Congrats to SP on a season of playing with ❤
See u guys next year and in other sports
I hope not, ha ha. We are tired of getting beat like a drum every year against the Lions. We bow to you, repeat state champ. Good luck next week but you really don't need it. WL is good and they are tough but they are too one dimensional to seriously challenge Shelby. You can rest some players next week and prepare for more difficult games ahead if there will be any for Shelby.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
I agree that we had the ponies to win this game if their heads had been in it. It has been this way most of the season. So frustrating to see what could be if we had descent coaches like we have always been blessed to have. This bunch is in way over their heads.
Serious question: Do you think SP will be better or worse next year?

I personally think they will be better if our coaches can do their job. We had a ton of injuries this year and had to rely on a lot of greenhorns to fill in. Those guys will be back with experience now which is always a good thing. Our most talented player will graduate but he missed over half the season and he can't seem to get his head in the game anyway, so we are better off not having to beg for his help. I think our real issue will be in coaching. We have a lot of inexperienced coaches now that frankly I think are in way over their heads. These guys either need to grow up fast or changes need to be made. The last two weeks have been completely out of control. Condoning on field behavior like I saw the last two weeks cannot stand. That is not SP football. Our tradition is to hit hard but never dirty, but I have seen that behavior creep into the game this year. Mouthing off and stupid penalties after the play is just ridiculous and reflects directly on the coaches. Should never be allowed.

Reactions: RidiculouslyRED
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT