ADVERTISEMENT

South Point vs Shelby

RR2, our OL are studs. We will adjust and bring speed back to the offensive side of the ball. Losing to Shelby is unacceptable. Our coaches will fix this mess!

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
Wish I could have made the game but honestly I didn't think SP could score on Shelby's defense. SP has as solid a defense as you could want and the offensive line is solid as well. Shelby may have a top 4 defense in the entire state. Only question now is does Lance Ware pretty much shut out the conference or does he substitute giving teams a glimmer of hope for the future.

SP will win their conference again. They still are the most physical program in 3A.

The defense is special, no doubt, that's three 3A opponents who've only scored 14 pts versus it.

Offensively, I don't get it, the subtle criticism, expectations. It's not going to look as crisp as last season's team. Darquez Lee was a senior at quarterback, and Antwan Wright and Calvin Camp aren't walking through that door. The offensive line was great. I know my homie from Realville will remind me of a comment that I made earlier this summer about this current team not having any drop off from the previous team. Obviously, I was wrong, football in t shirt a shorts is vastly misleading, but statically, this current team isn't that far off, check the numbers.

Heck, I may be stepping out on a limb here, but I think this team could, as whole, become even better than last season's team, more of a complete team. The defense is better this season, period. The previous D was "bend but don't break". Last season's offense was better, no doubt, but this new edition is good, good enough and will only get better as the season progresses. My opinion.

Last edited:
If the Gaston Co. school board passed a resolution to equally distribute the athletes among schools. EXPOSED....

No political move could have changed the outcome of this game. With that said politics are in play here or South Point literally has nobody at all to run the red bone. A certain skill position is obviously empty with no talent available I guess. I believe there are athletes on this team that could do it but I guess I'm wrong. I haven't ever seen them try another person even in the scrimmages unless I missed something. It makes me sick.

From an outsiders perspective who knows next to nothing about Cleveland County football I thought the difference in athletes was dramatic last night and thought that was odd. I give the South Point coaches a lot of credit. I have seen them twice now and have to say just on the eye test they look like a .500 team in 3a. They do a great job with what they have.

Reactions: seadog28
No political move could have changed the outcome of this game. With that said politics are in play here or South Point literally has nobody at all to run the red bone. A certain skill position is obviously empty with no talent available I guess. I believe there are athletes on this team that could do it but I guess I'm wrong. I haven't ever seen them try another person even in the scrimmages unless I missed something. It makes me sick.
So whats the deal is it a coaches son that is playing the position?

From an outsiders perspective who knows next to nothing about Cleveland County football I thought the difference in athletes was dramatic last night and thought that was odd. I give the South Point coaches a lot of credit. I have seen them twice now and have to say just on the eye test they look like a .500 team in 3a. They do a great job with what they have.
That sure don't sit well for Crust then.

Can't write the Red Raiders off, and I'm not "brown nosing" and just happy, because we beat them. They have a stout D and some athletes on offense, more speed than you think. I bet Mario Brandon Jr. can fly. His dad was a stud at North Gaston in the early 90's. He was a heck of a running back.He's just young right now and needs more touches and experience, get him out into space. The fullback shows flashes, and they have a promising freshman in Grier. Lee at qb is a junior. They're just young in some vital spots. We've beaten 3 good teams that I am willing to bet who will all make noise as the season progresses and into the playoffs.

LA, i think my problem with the offense, isnt the Qb, hes done well, and numbers are there to show.
I think middle of field open al the time, im no coach, and not criticize our coaching staff at all, (Love them all)..but we have so much speed at wr. And teams playing off us 10 yrds everydown.
Plus we both agree on a TE set.
We will jell even more, was glad to the coaches pushed the run too

That sure don't sit well for Crust then.
Your obsession and admiration with Crest is obvious and understandable. B&G's comment had nothing to do with Crest.
This is a well deserved back slapping moment for the Golden Lions. Let them enjoy it.
I have said for years .SP does the most with the least .That is pride,tradition,and coaching. Much respect for the SP program.I still hate em.

Your obsession and admiration with Crest is obvious and understandable. B&G's comment had nothing to do with Crest.
This is a well deserved back slapping moment for the Golden Lions. Let them enjoy it.
I have said for years .SP does the most with the least .That is pride,tradition,and coaching. Much respect for the SP program.I still hate em.
Quit being a wuss man ...this is a HS message board for the purposes of talking crap. From the bottom of my heart i apologize for hurting your feelings....and if it makes you feel better i told Shelby congrats in an earlier post.

Welp that was a butt whipping for sure. Congratulations to Shelby. A great team there and definitely the cream of the crop in Cleveland County and the whole state for that matter. SP will be fine in their weak conference and should sweep the county again. But going very deep into the playoffs really looks questionable when you are up against teams like the Golden Lions. Good luck the rest of way Shelby (if you really need it). Seeing you stomp Crest later on will help ease the Red Raider pain.

Welp that was a butt whipping for sure. Congratulations to Shelby. A great team there and definitely the cream of the crop in Cleveland County and the whole state for that matter. SP will be fine in their weak conference and should sweep the county again. But going very deep into the playoffs really looks questionable when you are up against teams like the Golden Lions. Good luck the rest of way Shelby (if you really need it). Seeing you stomp Crest later on will help ease the Red Raider pain.
Be careful redraider since you mentioned crust in your post chargerbacker will go find a corner sit in it and cry.

No crying here lapdog. Just pointed out your closet admiration of the chargers. Unfortunately for you. The horseshoe club only gives out 2 closet fan awards a year to dogs. We already have seadog and coondog. So,just like burns football in cleveland co. Your left out in the rain. Maybe that's why your always yelping.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
No crying here lapdog. Just pointed out your closet admiration of the chargers. Unfortunately for you. The horseshoe club only gives out 2 closet fan awards a year to dogs. We already have seadog and coondog. So,just like burns football in cleveland co. Your left out in the rain. Maybe that's why your always yelping.
Lol

shelby has a great team no doubt. but i dont think they will stomp crest. win? yea probably. but i bet it will be close. just my opinion and best d in the state? hmmmm kinda doubt it. kinda like crest was last year . very very good in their element. but those 4a powerhouse teams would be hard to deal with.

I love Shelby and their defense, but I've seen West Forsyths defense and I think it's better. We could do nothing against them WITH our starting TB, we didn't have him against Shelby. No disrespect to Shelby I am all in on them this year, but I think there are defenses out there as good or better, one being West Forsyth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT