ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs Reidsville Western Championship

I cant agree with that part. AGain I wish Reidsville could have played Dudley. Shelby over achieved this season, and a rams win is not surprising tonight(to me anyway)but I gaurantee the rams would not have beat those 3A opponents, especially this year.
They said FH was most physical team they played . I said then they hadn’t played us yet. But people weren’t impressed with our wins in playoffs and said teams we played weren’t physical. Maybe just maybe those teams lions played weren’t really that physical to begin with.

They said FH was most physical team they played . I said then they hadn’t played us yet. But people weren’t impressed with our wins in playoffs and said teams we played weren’t physical. Maybe just maybe those teams lions played weren’t really that physical to begin with.

I'm not debating whos more physical. Just saying rams were the 4th best team Shelby played this year...giving them their 4th loss.

Congratulations to the Rams. Good luck in Raleigh.

Congratulations to Shelby on a great year after a slow start. These young lions will be back next yr.

Reactions: beamer24
I'm not debating whos more physical. Just saying rams were the 4th best team Shelby played this year...giving them their 4th loss.
I don't believe that if Reidsville didn't have the injuries earlier they would not have had a close game. They started clicking when everyone came back. Receivers and secondary better than anyone

Reactions: Rammer16
Shelby was softened up playing a bunch of below average 1a teams in their conference. Nothing gained or learned with those teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: nwguilford007
Yeah shelby is a top 5 team next season. Izay Bridges is the real deal. I think a big confidence factor for Shelby was the past match ups.

Rams players and coaches were lights out.

Yea if Reidsville played any of those teams early in season it would be bad. But now they would stand a chance I think.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Here's the scoring summary:
Shelby 0 0 7 7 - 14
Reidsville 14 14 14 7 - 49

R - Kendre Harrison 25 pass from Al Lee (Grady Barrett kick), 8:59 first quarter
R - Aidan Mansfield 2 run (Barrett kick), 4:42 first quarter
R - Dionte Neal 5 pass from Lee (Barrett kick), 10:27 second quarter
R - Harrison 32 pass from Lee (Barrett kick), 0:44 second quarter
S - Izay Bridges 42 pass from Lan Farmer (Jose Lopez kick), 10:17 third quarter
R - Queshyne Flippen 28 pass from Lee (Barrett kick), 9:01 third quarter
R - Paul Widerman 1 run (Barrett kick), 0:32 third quarter
S - Eli Falls 5 pass from Farmer (Lopez kick), 9:55 fourth quarter
R - Flippen 29 pass from Lee (Barrett kick), 3:59 fourth quarter

Reactions: Ooooner
Yeah shelby is a top 5 team next season. Izay Bridges is the real deal. I think a big confidence factor for Shelby was the past match ups.

Rams players and coaches were lights out.
Not from me, I was talking smack... LOL

I said I think yesterday if Lee stood back there and had time it was over...

EXHIBIT A your honor , he sure enough did... Threw it all over us......

Congrats again , Good luck next week and someone please check on Hoey and make sure he has stopped crying from sheer happiness and tell him to enjoy.... ha ha

Congrats again , Good luck next week and someone please check on Hoey and make sure he has stopped crying from sheer happiness and tell him to enjoy.... ha ha

Nothing but respect. We sure did need that one though

Reactions: dogs79 and FACT24
Shelby just could not cover them all and Al Lee picked them apart with a 22 of 29 passing attack for 319 yards and 5 TDs. Neal caught 7 for 41 yards, Flippen 6-89, Jones 5-109 and Harrison 4-80. All super pass catchers. Cobb carried 11 times for 52 yards and Lee was also effective as a runner with 9 carries for 41 yards.
Johnniyus Sharpe had two interceptions and Kendre Harrison had two sacks to lead the defense and Paul Widerman had a bunch of tackles. Entire defense played probably its best game of the year since it was the regional final against a super opponent.
Two years ago, Shelby laid it on the Rams and their sophomore quarterback. This time Lee is an experienced senior and Shelby's quarterback is now the sophomore playing against a strong defense.

Lion

I respect you and your posts. Did not expect that . Really thought 35-28 either way.
Did I talk junk all week, yep sure did, everyone knows I do that

But I knew our weakness was our secondary, and all year long even in times they may have had perfect coverage the ball just seemed to land in the receivers hands... Knew the weapons yall had too... It was an up hill battle.... Tonight was just plain and simple domination and I am not afraid to admit it, I never am..... Plus I dont get all tore up over losses or other fans talking smack when we lose, its part of the fun.. I was having a good time listening two hours ago and I am having a good time now, too old to worry about a game...

I hate it for the seniors on our team, yes sir, but we will be HEAVY in the mix again next year....Its all good

Sometimes your the the bug hitting the windshield and tonight that windshield knocked the crap out of us....

LOL

Last edited:
LOL Make that 49-14

We couldn't stop a pass to save our lives tonight they destroyed our secondary....
The Shelby secondary was just too small to stand up to Reidsville's speed and size. When I saw they had to cover Jones (who is 6'4") man up I knew they were in for a long night. Impossible for any high school team to cover Harrison.

I was not surprised that the Rams lit up the scoreboard but I expected the Golden Lions to do more on offense. I had put the over and under at 90 points.

Reactions: Ooooner and dogs79
The Shelby secondary was just too small to stand up to Reidsville's speed and size. When I saw they had to cover Jones (who is 6'4") man up I knew they were in for a long night. Impossible for any high school team to cover Harrison.

I was not surprised that the Rams lit up the scoreboard but I expected the Golden Lions to do more on offense. I had put the over and under at 90 points.

I think that was jones best game as a ram

Rams have been on a roll since October - 41 or more points in every game and averaging 46.2 points a game in the playoffs. Before that, the Rams didn't blow out anybody - closed out September with a 34-18 win over McMichael.
Getting comfortable with the new coaching staff and a bunch of new starters and having everybody healthy turned it all around.

Yea if Reidsville played any of those teams early in season it would be bad. But now they would stand a chance I think.

you know everybody gets better as the season goes on right... well Shelby didn't in the post season but still

Reidsville take that physicality to State next week Clinton won’t stay in the game long.

Come on man. That was a bully beat down. Ask some of those kids what they think.

I've seen all these teams play. KM/AC/Crest defenses are deep and KM and AC running game would have wore your both way players down. Crest offense is a bigger, better, faster version of Hendersonville that the rams couldn't stop(same coach).

Be happy ya'll can dominate 2A. 3A field this year could have been decent in the 4A playoffs. You see Dudley didn't make it tonight.

Reidsville take that physicality to State next week Clinton won’t stay in the game long.
Ive watched the horses several times this year, they are athletic, I just am not sure they can cover all those receivers....that #10 they have is like Harrison, freak ath;ete... Gonna be a good one....but to me personally yall are favroties right now

Reactions: dogs79
Ive watched the horses several times this year, they are athletic, I just am not sure they can cover all those receivers....that #10 they have is like Harrison, freak ath;ete... Gonna be a good one....

Yeah I want to say the rams take this one, but if Clinton manages the clock and plays defense it will be ED all over again.

Hoping the rams learn from last year, it's up to them now.

Reactions: Ooooner

A Fonzanoon........you called me a Fonzanoon!!!!!! I haven't quit crying from that.

Ive watched the horses several times this year, they are athletic, I just am not sure they can cover all those receivers....that #10 they have is like Harrison, freak ath;ete... Gonna be a good one....but to me personally yall are favroties right now
You see where that got us last year right lol but this rams team is for sure better than last year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT