ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs Reidsville Western Championship

Should be a great game… regardless of the outcome on either side here we both are yet again ! If we’re all being honest early this season neither fan base was quite sure either would be here this late

If reidsvillle wins I’ll be here to congratulate and wish them good luck next week and if Shelby wins I’ll congratulate the rams on a great season

Good luck to all those kids I hope it’s a great game

Shelby been peaking at right time..
Boys all ready to play great night last night, we let u see who plays later today..
No more talking 2 best teams in 2a going line up...
Just know win or loose ill be here to say say congrats

I see where the Hoggard game is already sold out! I wonder how many we've sold? Shelby Lion, how many do you think will make the trip north? Bunker Hill brought 2500-3500 last week. Entire visitor side and around the fence

Also many of you said we couldn’t get past Monroe

I said that, I kind of still stand by that, just based off the match up style. Bunker Hill had a better defense for what Monroe was doing. I saw that coming after the West Lincoln game. BH and WL had a great ground defense with the huge front BH had.

If Bunker Hill had ever made it out of the west they would have won the title, just because the east strength played into their defensive strength.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I said that, I kind of still stand by that, just based off the match up style. Bunker Hill had a better defense for what Monroe was doing. I saw that coming after the West Lincoln game. BH and WL had a great ground defense with the huge front they had.

It wasn't just you. it was a some of the Lion fan base. I read what they say on that facebook group as well. I'm still convinced Monroe was legit though, they will be a top 5 team next year as well, with young and the qb back.

Reactions: Chopper747
Every year we hear about how good Monroe is just for them to blow it.
yes, they are good at choking, but when they are on they are on 1000%. Forest Hills is similar, when they are on they are hard to beat. Both teams have jeckyl/Hyde moments. I've seen Shelby play both, but would like to see Reidsville play them or Salisbury in the post season once.

Possible, I guess. It did cross my mind earlier in the season. Yet, Crest loses to a great, undefeated Dudley team in the 4th round, and here Shelby is in the Western Championship, a Shelby team who had an impressive win over the number 2 overall seed, Salisbury. Again, what you said is possible. It’s also possible that Reidsville could be some front runners, and Shelby exposes that. Reidsville wasn’t great versus Brevard, and BH gave them all they wanted.
Translation:

We are vowing to come to Reidsville and show you how great Shelby is.

Reactions: golden one
I see where the Hoggard game is already sold out! I wonder how many we've sold? Shelby Lion, how many do you think will make the trip north? Bunker Hill brought 2500-3500 last week. Entire visitor side and around the fence
No less than 7,000 total tonight

There have been many a time where I wished Shelby and Reidsville could have played each other when the divisions were split. I'm just happy we've been able to see this matchup now twice since getting rid of the sub-divisions. A shame that will essentially be returning soon.

Translation: Reidsville beat the team that beat Monroe, who crushed Forest Hills, the team that had Shelby on the ropes. Yet, Shelby think they can compete with Reidsville. “Imagine that”. We shall see, though.😏
You said it bro, not me ! I actually think it will be a battle, but I could be wrong! Who knows! My gut says we're gonna come out on top, but again, I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time for sure ! From what I've seen , Shelby is good at making adjustments as the game progresses. That's a credit to the coaches in my opinion. We'll see what young Teague dials up. I think we have more weapons but, we'll find out tonight . After all it is " Big Shelby "as yall say! I'll tip my hat if you guys win, but ain't gonna lie, I won't like it..... life will go on ! .... either way I'll be gone again til next year after another week or so... I'll jump back on the same ole' Merry Go Round around November next year. It's a viscous cycle ! As that ole' slickster SL likes to say " Daddy's coming to town". Well come on! We ready ! SMH ! We'll see !
Again , safe travels to all !

• Haha
Reactions: Chopper747
You said it bro, not me ! I actually think it will be a battle, but I could be wrong! Who knows! My gut says we're gonna come out on top, but again, I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time for sure ! From what I've seen , Shelby is good at making adjustments as the game progresses. That's a credit to the coaches in my opinion. We'll see what young Teague dials up. I think we have more weapons but, we'll find out tonight . After all it is " Big Shelby "as yall say! I'll tip my hat if you guys win, but ain't gonna lie, I won't like it..... life will go on ! .... either way I'll be gone again til next year after another week or so... I'll jump back on the same ole' Merry Go Round around November next year. It's a viscous cycle ! As that ole' slickster SL likes to say " Daddy's coming to town". Well come on! We ready ! SMH ! We'll see !
Again , safe travels to all !

Yeah, we are going to have to play a clean game to win. I think we will have to play a bit better than the previous 2 weeks to win.

Reactions: ramit02
OT Dream game for me is for Alcoa, TN to play one of you all. 9 straight state championships. 18 state championships since 2000

There have been many a time where I wished Shelby and Reidsville could have played each other when the divisions were split. I'm just happy we've been able to see this matchup now twice since getting rid of the sub-divisions. A shame that will essentially be returning soon.
If there is a straight up split dividing schools equally and using adm numbers, you will see these two in 4A in the next alignment.

Someone mentioned earlier about us Forest Hills and Bunker Hill fans not being here on the comments for this game. I've definitely been here every day I'm just getting entertained by the craziness that I knew would ensue on this thread. It's definitely been entertaining 🤣. Good luck to both teams tonight. Safe travels for everyone.

Someone mentioned earlier about us Forest Hills and Bunker Hill fans not being here on the comments for this game. I've definitely been here every day I'm just getting entertained by the craziness that I knew would ensue on this thread. It's definitely been entertaining 🤣. Good luck to both teams tonight. Safe travels for everyone.
Them Shelby fans are crazy, here in RamTown we been trying to keep it civil and above board. Doing the best we can.

It would be good to list the media (radio station links) that will be broadcasting this game if any. IDK about Reidsville but Shelby usually convers their games and has quality people doing the shows. Whats that link again ShelbyLion?

Here it is, Whoa Mule. You probably have to maximize the page. That's done with the double arrows, like this >> at the bottom right.

• Love
Here it is, Whoa Mule. You probably have to maximize the page. That's done with the double arrows, like this >> at the bottom right.

Hell I live a half mile from where Raymond lived for decades LOL! Ive heard him play that song 100 times over the years at least, and even played bass one time in somebodys garage basement when he was jamming.

Hell I live a half mile from where Raymond lived for decades LOL! Ive heard him play that song 100 times over the years at least, and even played bass one time in somebodys garage basement when he was jamming.
WhoaMule, for a person to be able to negotiate a stringed instrument like that is amazing. At the most agile time in my life there is no possible way my brain and fingers could've connected that way. Also, didn't realize he was from your are. Thanks for the Info.

WhoaMule, for a person to be able to negotiate a stringed instrument like that is amazing. At the most agile time in my life there is no possible way my brain and fingers could've connected that way. Also, didn't realize he was from your are. Thanks for the Info.
I got lots of stories about Raymond. Some good. Some not so good but all funny!

Damp and Dreary night,, Cold also. So I think Shelby wins this one. The Lions are on a Roll at the right time of the season.

Them Shelby fans are crazy, here in RamTown we been trying to keep it civil and above board. Doing the best we can.
If you think they're bad, put Crest on your schedule, Shelby is tame compared to that crowd, but I know what you're saying.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT