ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs Lincolnton

Shelby Lion

Oct 3, 2002
Dirty Ankle, NC
Well no one has started this one so here you go....

Two clubs that no doubt highly respect each other... Should be one heck of a ballgame..... Haven't played Lincolnton in several years, and its usually a treat with these two get together....

Looking forward to an outstanding ballgame....

Chat away

Reactions: FBRef
Should be a great game this coming Friday at Blanton Memorial Stadium.I really hope Shelby take better care of the ball this week and cut out these penalties that we have every week or it could be a long night.

Last night, as I was leaving the game, I heard one of the old Wolves comment what a fine place Blanton Stadium is. The only problem with going there, is winning, but isn't that the case for everybody.
We have a good bunch of kids, this year and I hope they'll give it their all.

Dang, you guys are making it tough for this Raider girl to choose. Mad respect for both teams on the field. Shelby Lion and Lincolnton are two of my favorite posters. Okay, I will sit on the fence. Best wishes to both teams for a good, injury free game that is decided on the last play of the game with nothing left on the field. May the winner represent 2A well in the championship game and bring back a title.

Last night, as I was leaving the game, I heard one of the old Wolves comment what a fine place Blanton Stadium is. The only problem with going there, is winning, but isn't that the case for everybody.
We have a good bunch of kids, this year and I hope they'll give it their all.
I've already talked to mine since last night....even though he had a career night thus far...I basically said that's one great game for you and your team....but for this to mean anything at all you still have to WIN two more to complete the mission. Stay focused...do your job....help your teammates....be humble no matter what....and leave it all on the field. ONE WEEK AND ONE GAME AT A TIME.....This is a great bunch of kids here at L-Town....and I know the GOLDEN LIONS always have a class act......should be a great NC 2A WESTERN REGIONAL FINAL!

Great advice. It's why 82 is always ready. I truly hope some division 1 scouts were there, last night, to see that.
His brothers keep him in check as well......
I don't know about any scouts being present but coaches have been asked for film highlights from a couple schools....bigger focus for us is getting better and a shot at the SHIP......

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/.../76280520/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=
Great advice. It's why 82 is always ready. I truly hope some division 1 scouts were there, last night, to see that.

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/.../76280520/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

Watching him work the clock, last night, and someone that young who is methodical and who can think ahead of himself after a reception is something to see.

Well no one has started this one so here you go....

Two clubs that no doubt highly respect each other... Should be one heck of a ballgame..... Haven't played Lincolnton in several years, and its usually a treat with these two get together....

Looking forward to an outstanding ballgame....

Chat away
What time do your gates open, lion?

Nice seeing these two get together given their long history. Shelby has been on a mission all year and I think they keep it up and advance.

Id think gates open at 6....
This will be a physical game..
Shelbys D will have to play flawless..
Shelbys offense will prob. Give Lincolnton Fitts the way East Lincoln did...
Shelby will have to slow the running game down...
Great seeing our kicker getting kick offs in endzone...that adds another wepon.
Hopefully were back to full strength by fri.
Guess ill call my buddies the Haynes see if they will sit with me on Shelby side...lol

Reactions: AlwaysAWolf
Id think gates open at 6....
This will be a physical game..
Shelbys D will have to play flawless..
Shelbys offense will prob. Give Lincolnton Fitts the way East Lincoln did...
Shelby will have to slow the running game down...
Great seeing our kicker getting kick offs in endzone...that adds another wepon.
Hopefully were back to full strength by fri.
Guess ill call my buddies the Haynes see if they will sit with me on Shelby side...lol
I know those Haynes folks.. My read is that they greatly respect the Shelby program, and sit on that side of the field often...but It's not hard to guess where they will be THIS Friday night! Lol

Yeah Kane was a coach at Shelby in the 90s..
We became great friends,workout in gym together. ..
Ive been around all them alot....
Im sure they will be on other side.
Me and Kane had a deal that he sit on Shelby side if we went 2aa and met up with East.
But they are great folks and theres plenty more up that way...safe trip to all fri.

last time I sat on your side was when you were playing East a few years ago...wanted to see them come thru there this year, but it turned out to be us!

Hoping to see both teams at their best... I think that would be a fine show!

Either way, I will be pulling for Black and Gold at the Ship... I just hope it's a "gaudy yellow" instead of " old" gold!

Reactions: shelbyfan1
We prob. Will be in white fri...since yall be in black....have to wait and see i guess.

22 is a concern playing LTown. He looks like he's built like Stewart for the Panthers. Low to the ground and thick. The kind of back that will wear down the defense.
After playing against the likes of BJ Emmons,(225lbs), Tre Harbison(210), and Rico Dowdle, a 200 pound rb playing qb, we will be just fine.

Reactions: '98 State Champion
They have 3 different backs,and i can bet if they see game flim of fri. Game with MP there going try throwing over top too..
Glad kicking game is back going, D didnt play well in 1st half giving up 100 yrds but much better in 2nd i think running back had 42.
Da da ran ball great..i did notice Camp didnt do much in this game, i wondered if he was banged up alittle...maybe they just took im out of game.
Hope we are back to full strength,we need to play flawless

But we really didn't stop those guys.
They're D1 with size and more explosive. My point was, after facing these caliber of backs, why fear any opposing running back. We've seen 3 of the best and won 2 of those 3 games, 3A opponents.

Last edited:
I am not going to make any predictions on scores or who will win this game but I will say this game will be won or lost by special teams. (Kicking Game)

Has Lincolnton got a kicking game..?
As of late we are much better shape

S
They're D1 with size and more explosive. My point was, after facing these caliber of backs, why fear any opposing running back. We've seen 3 of the best and won 2 of those 3 games, 3A opponents.
Don't get caught sleeping with your eyes wide open... Who you played and how you faired against them is all in the past.

Kicker has strong leg looks like he can kick to the end zone at will. For some reason what was once automatic point after attempt we have missed a few lately.we will not be able to leave any points what so ever on The table Friday night

I have not seen the punter much to really get a take on him because we have only punted 8 times in 14 games,and I dare say probably 4 of the 8 punts coming in our loss to East Lincoln.

It won't, Shelby by 2 touchdowns minimum, too much offense. Game will resemble your game versus East Lincoln.
I think every one was wanting to see a east Lincoln shelby match up but I guess yall will have to settle with playing us instead . I hope we can put on a good show and it don't get to bad.

Reactions: LHSWolves
Everyone wanted to see EL and Shelby but you get Lincolnton and Shelby, the only choice you have is to deal with it. Now for all of those that's throwing up the EL lost! Please understand EL is not that much better than LTown. EL has three things going for theirselves over the past few years vs Lincolnton. #1 The mental edge #2 A coaching staff that's knows Lincolnton like no other. #3 Mr.Chazz Surrant who's career speaks for itself

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT